“Wonderful Weekend Stay for Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Indianapolis

You added Hilton Indianapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Indianapolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 West Market Street,, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #31 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Ohio
“Wonderful Weekend Stay for Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We traveled to Indianapolis for the first time and booked a room as part of a wedding booking. After reading some of the reviews here, I anticipated noisy rooms and minimal accommodations. Instead, we were given a large two room, two bathroom suite on the 10th floor for the regular rate because they "ran out of regular rooms." We had trouble working the shower drain and also discovered the safe was locked, and both problems were fixed in minutes.
What I expected but didn't find: magnifying mirror (I think all high end hotels should have these)
Stocked mini bar
What I found that I didn't expect:
Quiet accommodations
Huge suite (upgrade)
Efficient and attentive staff (especially Kim in food service)
Shoe shine station in lobby

• Stayed June 2013
HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
A wedding is such an exciting experience! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites. We are delighted you shared your celebratory time with us and enjoyed your visit. Our suites are some of the most spacious in the entire city. Relaxing with a quiet night’s rest for your weekend must certainly have been well appreciated! We will share your suggestions with our management team as we are always hoping to improve the experience for all of our guests. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Philadelphia PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a very good Hilton property. Friendly, helpful staff. Immaculate rooms. Wonderful location in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Short walk to the state capitol, downtown mall, many restaurant and shops. I'd suggest you skip the expensive hotel breakfast and go across the street to First Call or to Subway, a block away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled that the time you have spent at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites has been so positive. As you mentioned, we are conveniently located with easy access to the areas great attractions. Please know that we offer a number of valuable packages that include breakfast to fuel your start for a day of exploring. We hope you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again.
Terre-de-Haut, Guadeloupe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have stayed at this Hilton in the past, and in spite of the hotel's need for a complete renovation, we actually enjoyed our stay. The room decor was dated, but it was commodious, clean, reasonably priced, in a good location, and accepted dogs. However, this time our room was minuscule, lacked storage, & didn't even have a night stand or light on the right side of the bed. I was forced to use the room's luggage rack as a night stand and drag the floor lamp over to use as a reading light. Since we were on the 19th floor, the same location as the pool, not only did the sound of screaming children wake us early in the morning, but the room had a strong chlorine odor that lingered throughout the day & night. As we were only staying 2 nights, we did not request a move. The valet car park folks were very nice, but misplaced my keys and insisted for close to an hour that I must have them on me. They eventually found them hung up on their rack. The hotel has nice people on staff, but they are obviously poorly trained. I am rather surprised the hotel didn't go through a complete renovation prior to the Super Bowl. Yet, I was told they are always busy, so I presume the management rather not spend the money. We always travel with our Coton & I try to be loyal to the Hilton brand, but I doubt I will consider this property again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
While we are truly glad to know you appreciated your previous visits to our hotel, as well as our pet-friendly accommodations, we must apologize if your most recent stay was not as you had anticipated. We encourage guests to let us know of any issues and regret that we did not address your concerns in a manner which would have created a better visit for you. Your comments will be shared with all of our associates as well as our management team to ensure that the very best in service is provided at every level. Thank you again for your review. We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Cheshire, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is one of the worst hotel experiences I've had in a long time. I realize that other than the Conrad none of the hotels in Indy are very good, but the Hilton is terrible. Trouble started at check in. The woman behind the desk was rude and constantly stopped to answer the phone. The room was dark, drab, dreary and very dated. My guess is that the place was once a Holiday Inn or something and Hilton took it over but was too cheap to renovate it. The bathroom in particular was very low rent. I then logged into the WiFi on my laptop and had to pay $10 on top of the $200 room rate. When I then tried to log in with my iPad I was told I would have to pay twice as the fee was "per device." When I complained, I was told by a different but equally rude front desk person to sit in the lobby and use the free WiFi there. Another minor point: if you like Coke it'll cost you an extra dollar and you'll have to go down to the lobby as all of the vending machines are Pepsi only. I did see a number of good reviews for this place but I can't understand why as I'll never stay here again. How can the Conrad be so good and the Hilton so poor? I tried to get into the Conrad but it was booked. Now I know why.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your viewpoint of our downtown Indianapolis hotel. We can't help but feel disappointed that your entire stay was not completely positive or if the service you received from our associates was anything less than exemplary. All of our guests are encouraged to let us know if something is amiss and we regret not being able to provide you with the accommodations that would have made you most comfortable. Your comments will certainly be shared with everyone here to ensure that the best possible hospitality is provided to all. As you mentioned, we do charge for Internet usage in guestrooms. We find for a service that not everyone uses it is best to charge at the time of use and pass along the discount where available. Wireless is complimentary in our lobby and public areas for your convenience. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again and provide you with a better experience in the future.
Ironton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It is in a good location for downtown. The rooms are great. They are clean . The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The employees are nice , friendly and helpful. It is a little pricey but you get your monies worth. I recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your recommendation and review of the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites. We are delighted you enjoyed your spacious accommodations and found our associates to be so kind. If there is anything we can do to provide you with an even better stay, just ask! It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
terre haute, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Beautiful hotel, attentive staff, restful night before the mini marathon. The only issue to report is that the shower did not work when we went to use it that night. Upon calling the front desk personnel, someone was sent up to check it out. After a trip to get the right tools for the repair, the issue was corrected. It was just surprising in such a beautiful place that the shower did not work. Not a big deal just providing the info for this review.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The Indianapolis Mini Marathon is one of our favorite area events and we couldn’t be happier that you chose to stay with us for your time here. Thank you for sharing your appreciation for our well-appointed hotel and attentive associates. We apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way by issues with the shower but grateful to know that our maintenance team was able to resolve it for you right away. We hope you will stay with us again at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites.
tomsriver nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Excellent, right in the heart of downtown Indy. Two blocks from the famous circle monument. The best steakhouses in the world within blocks, all walking. Indoor pool on the 19th floor, with hot tub. This hotel is just a short 15 ride from the airport. A shuttle is just 10.00 per person right to the hotel door.

Room Tip: paid 139.00 per night, use AAA or aarp discount if you have them.