“Large Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Indianapolis

You added Hilton Indianapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Indianapolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 West Market Street,, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #21 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
“Large Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Hilton in March 2012. The hotel is clean, the staff is helpful and courteous, the room was huge, the location is walking distance to the convention center and very importantly Steak 'N Shake.

My suite had 2 queen size beds and in a second room a pull out love seat, desk and second TV. I traveled for business by myself, but several people could fit comfortably in the room.

I took the green line to and from the airport which worked out great. The shuttle stop is just across the street from the Hilton.

Downtown Indianapolis is not big. The location of the hotel made it easy to walk anywhere.

I wish there was free WiFi in the rooms, but there is in the lobby and at Panera down the street.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We are thrilled that the time you spent at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites was such a positive experience. It certainly sounds as if you were able to appreciate our proximity to the many attractions in Indianapolis in addition to our spacious and comfortable accommodations. Steak N' Shake is a favorite for many of our guests and I am so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for the great review, we look forward to your return trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you long for the days when a hotel suite actually meant a suite - three rooms with doors between them - this is the place for you. My room, on the 15th Floor, was HUGE. I think a family of four with teenagers would have been comfortable here. The staff was helpful and welcoming (despite my 2 am arrival) and even though I was late for breakfast the next day they honored my Bed and Breakfast Package coupon. The property is downtown and good for business with a business center on the lower level, lots of meeting rooms, and many business people meeting for lunch in the restaurant. They also have a McCormick & Schmick's seafood place which is open for lunch and dinner. Good for business or large families (I spoke with a big happy family on the elevator), it's not a couples or friends type of place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. Did you know that our suites are the most spacious luxury suites in Indianapolis? From your comfortable accommodations and great breakfast experience, I couldn't be happier that your visit to Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites was so positive. Our associates love what they do and it is great to read that despite the hour of your check in, everyone was helpful and welcoming. Whether you visit for business or pleasure, we would be happy to see you again.
Portland, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great room, great location, but I have to wonder about large corporate hotels that nickel and dime their customers relentlessly. $4 for a bottle of water, $9.95 per day for internet access, $24 per day for parking, $30 if you have the valet do it. I saw in one of the other reviews that the Hilton justifies the parking costs by saying the parking is at a premium in downtown Indianapolis. Strange -- within a blocks radius, I saw two different other garages offering parking - one at $20/day, the other at $16. My other gripe was that the wait staff in the restaurant were positively surly with our group both mornings for breakfast. I expect more from an quality hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
While we are truly grateful to learn that you found your room as well as our location to be so great, it is disappointing to know that your stay was not the same on every level. Parking is indeed offered to our guests onsite; however you may find additional options are available in other public parking lots that are within walking distance, as you mentioned. We would like to point out that other area lots do charge a fee and most do not permit for unlimited in and out privileges as with our garage, nor do they provide the convenience of having your vehicle so close by. Providing exception service is of utmost importance and with that I am troubled by your account of your dining experience and will share your feedback with everyone here. Thank you for your time, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
De Forest, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I travel here once every few months and the quality is very consistent. The rooms are spacious, the breakfasts are good, the work out room is very good, and the location is perfect. Easy walking access to innumerable restaurants. Like many hotels in any down town area, park seems extortionate and is not included with the room. The wifi is not free in the room but is in the lobby ... why? These complaints are minor and despite some minor errors in service (failure to deliver breakfast on time, other similar annoyances) the staff is always apologetic and then compensates for the error. It's really all you can ask. I stay here every time I am in Indianapolis, and repeat business is the highest compliment I can pay with a lot of equally priced alternatives in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Your repeat business is certainly the highest compliment, thank you! We appreciate reading about all of the reasons you enjoy staying at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites. Located just steps away from the many attractions and businesses in downtown Indianapolis, our location is perfect for both corporate travelers and vacationers alike. I regret if you were inconvenienced in anyway by our Internet charges. There are certain services, such as Internet access, that are not used by all of our guests and we only include it as a service for those who will need it to ensure the most affordable stay for everyone. Parking is at a premium in Indianapolis but our valet service does permit for unlimited in and out privileges. On your next business trip to the area, we'd love to welcome you back, thank you for your review.
Springfield, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The room was nice, clean. It would have been great except for the guy at the front desk, Randy. When one pays 150.00 per night and a Hilton Honors member one would expect a little friendlier front desk representive. Hilton also needs to offer free Wi Fi to there guests. The hotel is a little older and has a lived in feeling. The staff was amazing except for Randy. We called down 3 times 2 times with a question and once with an issue. Love Hilton hotels! It all would have been great 1 staff member can sour a trip.

• Stayed July 2012
HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
All guest feedback, positive or otherwise is important to us, thank you for sharing your views. We are committed to providing excellent service and it is disappointing to learn that any of our associates made you feel otherwise. We will share your comments with our management team and use this opportunity to strengthen our commitment to providing the best in service to each and every guest. While there is a charge associated with Internet access in guestrooms, wireless service is free in all public areas of the hotel and we apologize if this caused any inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope you will consider staying again in the future and allow us the opportunity to fully impress you with all we have to offer.
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Recently spent four nights at this hotel - large rooms, very accomodating staff, quiet at night, good price, close to downtown sights and convention center. No complaints - I'd stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
With a large, quiet guestroom, good value and excellent location what more can you ask for? Thank you for your kind words and glowing review. The Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites is committed to providing exceptional service for all of our guests and we are thrilled to learn that our staff was so accommodating during your stay. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
Shreveport, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for business and had a wonderful room with a separate sitting room. Two flat screen TV, two queen beds, one sleeper sofa, nice sized desk for working. The staff af the hotel were very nice and the lunch buffet was excellent. Like others have said, an easy walk to lots of dining, local sites. I took the Go Line from the airport to the hotel. Only $7 each way and it stops all over the downtown area. It stopped right across the street from the hotel, so it was easy to use.

The room was very clean, bedding very comfortable, shampoo and other bathroom amenities were very good. Large bath towels and I even had two vanities in my room. One inside the bathroom and one outside the bathroom.

I did not eat breakfast in the hotel and I did not use the exercise facility, the spa or the pool. But the exercise room was on my floor and it looked very good with updated equipment in good condition.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for detailing your experience at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites. As you mentioned, we are centrally located with quick and easy access to all of the attractions in the downtown area. We are glad to know that your room was so well equipped and comfortable both of which are as important when traveling for business as well as for pleasure. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Been to Hilton Indianapolis? Share your experiences!