“Great Stay, but the Neighbors had a Better Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Indianapolis

You added Hilton Indianapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Indianapolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 West Market Street,, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #22 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
“Great Stay, but the Neighbors had a Better Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I travel to Indy on a semi-regular basis, so I have stayed at many of the downtown hotels. The Hilton ranks near the top. My room was really more of a suite; it had both a bedroom and living room, separated by french doors. Everything in the room was comfortable, from the sofa to the chairs to the beds. When you consider the fact that I only paid $60 for the room (look for a 3 1/2 star downtown hotel on hotwire), I really could not have asked for any more.

However, the room is not the only thing to like about the Hilton. There are two restaurants attached to the hotel. In addition, the hotel is centrally located, and within walking distance of nearly any downtown attraction. The staff was friendly and efficient; check-in and check-out took no more than two minutes. Parking is a bit spicy ($22 per night), but I suppose that is to be expected in a downtown hotel.

The only issue I had was that the neighbors seemed to REALLY enjoy their room. Their amorous outbursts could be heard throughout the halls and into my room until the wee hours of the morning. Headboard knocking, skin slapping, the whole nine yards. I don't know if any amount of sound insulation could have muffled their good time, but I was wishing for something at about 2:30 a.m.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
southern IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I started staying here after I got a great deal a few months ago. I have been here 4 times since october and I'm writing this review from my comfy bed right now. Takes about 3 minutes to check in and I've always gotten upgraded. The staff is very helpful and have great hospitality (and there are a couple pieces of "eye candy" at the front desk too!.....don't mind me). Really though, I love it here. The rooms I've stayed in are HUGE, clean, and comfortable. Room service is fast.....but the food was just so-so.
The front desk arranged a horse carriage company to meet us at the lobby doors and we loved it.
My kids love the indoor pool and hot tub on the top floor.
All in all, as long as the staff remains friendly, I will be back each and every time I visit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed at the Indianapolis downtown Hilton over New Year's weekend to celebrate our anniversary. This Hilton is know for having some of the most spacious hotel rooms in Indy. Not only are they large, but they are very comfortable. It was a busy weekend in the hotel, but the staff was courteous. This hotel also has a couple of great restaurants including a very good McCormick & Schmicks. It is also within walking distance to many other restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The Hilton in downtown Indy is a very nice hotel -- very well kept with clean, spacious rooms.
The staff is friendly and courteous, and the fitness center and indoor swimming pool are great.

The hotel is in an ideal location within walking distance to many of the downtown attractions -- just a few blocks from Circle Center Mall, restaurants and Bankers Life Fieldhouse for the Pacers games.

Will definitely stay at the Hilton for all of our trips to Indy!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

My partner and I stayed four days over Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. We reserved a King deluxe sutie which feels more like an apartment then hotel room. Lots of space to relax and enjoy the view. We were able to watch the fireworks from our dining room after the Tree lighting on the circle. We plan to make this a yearly event. Wonderful room and service. Can't say enough positive things about our stay.

Room Tip: King deluxe suite
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Spacious clean room terrific staff we will stay again. Very upscale downtown place with little difference from the more expensive Conrad where we have stayed before in Indy. Glad the Cards beat Butler.

• Stayed November 2011
chanhassen,mn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

This hotel looks like it has not been redone in 25 years. Everything looks worn and out of date. I didn't like that there was a large space under the door. The service was not very good either, i asked for something to be brought up and it never arrived.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GeneralManagerIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Good Morning,
I was writing in response to your post regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and value the opinions you have posted on Trip Advisor. The Hilton Indianapolis Hotel and Suites was opened new as an Adams Mark in 2000 after being converted from an office tower. It was flagged as a Hilton in August 2004 and went under a $9m renovation that addressed public space and light scope room renovation. We are however also scheduled for a full room renovation in 2012 as well as meeting space. We look forward to the updates that will happen in the coming year and would invite you to come back and check out our new look thereafter. I would also be happy to dicuss the service concerns during your stay, as it is always our goal to deliver outstanding hospitality and a positive experience for every guest, every stay. Please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for Jeff Sweet; General Manager. Again, thank you for the time you sacrificed in posting your comments. Best Regards,

Been to Hilton Indianapolis? Share your experiences!