“Not So Good...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Indianapolis Downtown

You added Marriott Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 West Maryland Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #40 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Westfield, IN
“Not So Good...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

I stayed between Feb. 25-27 and did not have a good stay. First, when we tried to check in at 4 (check in time), they said they ran out of room keys. So then we waited for 2 and a half hours for our rooms. The rooms are starting to show their wear and tear and could use a renovation. One day, I brought leftovers from another restaurant and needed a plastic fork. They told me I needed to buy food from room service if I wanted one. That is ridiculous. They are only "At My Service" if I pay for it; even though I paid $180-night in a standard room. I recommend upgrading to the concierege lounge-- it's a great value. However, don't stay here... go to Hilton, Conrad, Hyatt, or Embassy Suites. It's better there.

Stayed February 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
lexington, ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2006

We were in town for just one night, but this hotel should be rated higher than cat. 4. The lobby is plush with marble floors and huge ceilings. The service was excellent, everyone was there to greet you and help you out any way they could, grabbing the doors as you entered the lobby and made sure every question was answered. The lobby offers wonderful strawberry water, lemon/lime water, shoe shine, great restaurant, sports bar, and many other nice things. Both my husband and I have stayed in hundreds of Marriotts all over the world and we would consider this to be almost a JW.

We were on the 15th floor with a great view of the capitol and downtown. The rooms are average size and the bathroom is larger than most Marriotts. The only difference we saw in the room compared to others we have stayed in were the bed linens. The bed was very comfy but it did not have the updated linens with large pillows and fluffy down comforter. But the niceness of the hotel more than made up for it.

We would highly recommend this hotel. It is a couple of blocks from all the great restaurants and shops. We walked to dinner and back with no problem. The city is beautiful as it was lit up for the holidays.

• Liked — Location, lobby and great staff
  • Disliked — updated rooms
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

This hotel provided the combination of comfort, service and amenities that I enjoy when attending conferences. I did not leave the building the entire weekend.

The shopping was attached to the convention center and the food
provided during our sessions was excellent. The service in the restaurant was excellent, but the food was not that great.

• Liked — The service and a great loation
  • Disliked — No entertainment
  • Tips/Secrets — You can take your pick of surrounding restaurants at all price points.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

I stayed at the downtown Marriott for three nights over the Memorial Day/Indianapolis 500 weekend. This was my first trip to Indianapolis. I arrived to the hotel around midnight after a 10 minute taxi ride from the airport that set me back $25+tip.

I had no problems at check in. Despite the hour, there were three Marriott staff behind the desk ready to assist us. This high level of staffing was evident throughout the entire weekend. In addition to the front desk and concierge, there were typically four or five staff members floating around the lobby during my entire stay, regardless of the hour. I’m sure this is not typical. The five IRL show cars in the lobby were a nice touch.

My room on the 8th floor was well appointed, but not overly spacious. The bathroom was large, but was lacking a vent fan. Be sure to leave the bathroom door open if you don’t want to fog your mirrors. I didn’t have washcloths in my room when I first arrived, but I didn’t make a fuss out of it either. Washcloths were provided when room service cleaned the room on the next two days. Hot water was plentiful and the pressure was good, though the pressure varied slightly during two of my 3 showers. The shower head was adjustable so I’m sure I could have resolved any pressure issue, if there was one. The television in my room was large (maybe 32”) but had small traces of static on some channels. The beds were a little stiffer than my liking and by the third night I was looking forward to my pillow-top back home. I did enjoy the turn down service that was provided without request. It was a hot weekend and I tried to push the room’s AC a little. I set it in the low sixties but it never quite got down there, hovering around seventy for my entire stay.

The location of the hotel was good. Indianapolis has a very walkable downtown and the hotel is just a block or two away from a wide variety of restaurants and bars, and three or four blocks from several clubs. Just a short walk west of the hotel is some nice green space and some great paths for joggers, runners, and bikers. I didn’t dine at any of the hotel’s restaurants, but bellied up to the bar in Champions one afternoon for a few drinks. There was not a lot of selection on draft. The view from my room was to the east, and directly faced another hotel. Peering around to the south provided me with a view of the RCA dome. The Conseco Fieldhouse is a 10-15 minute walk to the east.

Upon returning from the race on Sunday the hotel had a nicely displayed cookie display in the lobby, with a note saying “Thanks for visiting.” I grabbed a few sugar cookies and headed over to a computer set up by the concierge to check in online for my flight out the following morning. The main page had direct links to all the airline website check-in pages. This was a nice service and worked flawlessly.

A pre-5am checkout was no problem and there were multiple cabs at the stand available for the trip back to the airport.

It was an enjoyable weekend and the good folks at the Marriott downtown really put their best foot forward.

• Stayed May 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2006

We have our guests stay at this hotel when they visit our business. We have always been pleased with the service and cleanliness. Never have had a poor experience.

The lobby/bar area is small and not very private so business discussions are uncomfortable because of the lack of privacy.

All in all we are very pleased with hotel and the value it provides.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2006

Because this was simply a pleasure trip for me and my two daughters, I called ahead to find out what size their pool was. I was told it was an olympic size pool which turned out not to be true. There was a bug in our room and the walk to the "attached" Circle Centre Mall was a long one, even though you can get there through the a large convention center and several sky walks.
This place is big and if that makes you happy then great but it seemed there was wasted space and the hallways were long. It just didn't have that special luxury feel you get at the Radisson or Hyatt. The Hyatt is right next to the mall and offers so much more for about the same price. I would never stay at this Marriott again. Also, the soaps and shampoos are all heavily scented so be sure to bring your own.

• Stayed January 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

The room was a typical hotel room. Not very large. Bathroom was nice and big. The beds were not very good. One was as hard as a rock and one was too soft. The hotel is in a great location next to convention center and RCA Dome and one block from mall. The staff was extremely friendly. Booked this room on Priceline. Got a good deal so can't complain. It was great for the price.

• Stayed November 2005

Been to Marriott Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!