“Service is second to none at this hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Indianapolis Downtown

Save Saved
You added Marriott Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 West Maryland Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #42 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Service is second to none at this hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I stayed at the Marriott Downtown Indianapolis for a business convention and I was pretty impressed. There were two types of water with fruit in it in the lobby at all times for drinking. The staff was very eager to help in any way they could - it was rarely necessary to even ask for help with any thing, as they usually offered help finding a place to eat, carrying bags, anything you can imagine. The fitness center was fantastic - lots of equipment, cold water dispenser and fresh apples to eat. The stainless steel pool was beautiful, but I didn't have a chance to actually swim in it. I also dined in the restaurant, Champions, which is a sports bar, and it was pretty good too! The free internet is only available in the lobby.

438 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Spanaway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

The rooms were comfortable. I did have troubles connecting to the internet, it costs $12.95 per day. I am a Marriott Rewards member and was given a key to the concierge floor -- free breakfasts and snacks and desserts and drinks -- they have a schedule however - so check it if you're going to use it. It is a nice perk. I was at this hotel for a convention. The convention services were excellent, so was all the hotel staff. The hotel is located next to the Westin, and closeby, a few blocks, to lots of activities - walking distance to a shopping mall, and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Biscuits1014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

We decided to make a weekend trip for my birthday to Indianapolis and of course we wanted to stay downtown in the heart of all the action. Firstly you have to pay almost $30 a night for parking or you have to park a block away on the street for free. Ok we decided to find some things to do but wait we have to pay $13 to connect to the internet which you have to use a phone cord or use their computer at $.80 a minute. We wanted to stay in and order room service for breakfast, but the prices are astronomical. I am not kidding $12 for fruit and yogurt? I knew it would be expensive but even that seems to much. The hotel is nice but my goodness in this day and age no free wifi and parking. I live near Chicago and they don't make you do that, and this is Indianapolis. Liked the city, but we will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

I cannot begin to tell you how good the service was at this hotel. I travel for business on a regular basis. I am accustomed to staying at full service hotels. I have only had better service at the Hilton Resort in Cabo San Lucas.

I was with a group of 20 people visiting Indy to plan a convention. From the moment I got out of my car at the valet, I was bombarded with greetings. Every door was opened for me. Every employee of the hotel, down to the maintenance people greeted you. Every person that was with me made the exact same comment.

The location is perfect for conventions. The decor is very nice and updated. The facility was spotless. The food they served us at every turn was above grade for hotel banquet service.

Location to restaurants is perfect. The majority of downtown restaurants are within 3 blocks of the hotel.

Only complaint would be that the walls in the rooms are very thin.

I would highly recommend this property

Allentown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

A very nice hotel, what makes it exceptional is the service. A perfect example: i was struggling down the hall to my room with several packages and a suitcase. A housekeeper saw me, came over and insisted on helping me to my room, even opening the door for me.
I gave the room a 4 out of 5 because the air conditioner did not adequately cool the room and no in-room moives.

Delmarva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

We enjoyed our weekend at the Downtown Marriott, It was our first visit to Indianapolis and the location allowed us to walk to the things we wanted to see. It was also only a few blocks from a large selection of restaurants. This was a good thing because our limited experience with lunch and breakfast did not leave us looking forward to a Marriott dinner. Our room on the 19th floor had an excellent view and was very quiet.

We thought the valet parking at $30 per night was a bit excessive, but the service was very good as was our experience at check-in and check-out. The staff in general was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

We stayed at the downtown Marriot in Indianapolis for a wedding in July of 2009. The first impression when you walk in is that this is a beautiful, modern, updated hotel. The lobby is comfortable and beautiful, with fruit flavored water for you to enjoy when you come in from that Indiana humidity! The staff was very friendly, and when we checked in we were the V.I.P. of the day, which entitled us to free appetizers at the in-hotel restaurant, Champions.

The rooms were clean, updated and comfortable. There was a flat-screen HDTV (with only a couple HD channels), down pillows and comfortable beds. The bathroom was very roomy and featured Bath & Body Works toiletries, which was awesome. Usually you get some grandma-smelling lotions made in God knows where.

The fitness room and the pool were top-notch. The fitness room was high quality, and you can actually get a good workout done there. The pool was an infinity pool, with a metal bottom, which has an interesting feel on your toes. The hot tub is also very nice and hot. There is also a guest laundry that we were able to use to get all of our clothes clean for like $6, a fraction of the cost it would cost to send them out.

The restaurant, Champions, is a sports bar, with good beer and good bar food to eat. The atmosphere is nice in there and the staff is very friendly.

We attended a wedding for my cousin there, and the banquet facilities were very nice, the food was great and the service was friendly and great.

There is an urban mall that is essentially across the street, with all of your standard mall retailers, great dining and a food court. Nice place to get out of the heat.

Basically, this Marriott, like most Marriotts I have stayed at, was a slam dunk. Outstanding stay, great food and amenities, and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!