“Exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Indianapolis Downtown

You added Marriott Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 West Maryland Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #44 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis
“Exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

I cannot begin to tell you how good the service was at this hotel. I travel for business on a regular basis. I am accustomed to staying at full service hotels. I have only had better service at the Hilton Resort in Cabo San Lucas.

I was with a group of 20 people visiting Indy to plan a convention. From the moment I got out of my car at the valet, I was bombarded with greetings. Every door was opened for me. Every employee of the hotel, down to the maintenance people greeted you. Every person that was with me made the exact same comment.

The location is perfect for conventions. The decor is very nice and updated. The facility was spotless. The food they served us at every turn was above grade for hotel banquet service.

Location to restaurants is perfect. The majority of downtown restaurants are within 3 blocks of the hotel.

Only complaint would be that the walls in the rooms are very thin.

I would highly recommend this property

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Allentown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

A very nice hotel, what makes it exceptional is the service. A perfect example: i was struggling down the hall to my room with several packages and a suitcase. A housekeeper saw me, came over and insisted on helping me to my room, even opening the door for me.
I gave the room a 4 out of 5 because the air conditioner did not adequately cool the room and no in-room moives.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Delmarva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

We enjoyed our weekend at the Downtown Marriott, It was our first visit to Indianapolis and the location allowed us to walk to the things we wanted to see. It was also only a few blocks from a large selection of restaurants. This was a good thing because our limited experience with lunch and breakfast did not leave us looking forward to a Marriott dinner. Our room on the 19th floor had an excellent view and was very quiet.

We thought the valet parking at $30 per night was a bit excessive, but the service was very good as was our experience at check-in and check-out. The staff in general was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

We stayed at the downtown Marriot in Indianapolis for a wedding in July of 2009. The first impression when you walk in is that this is a beautiful, modern, updated hotel. The lobby is comfortable and beautiful, with fruit flavored water for you to enjoy when you come in from that Indiana humidity! The staff was very friendly, and when we checked in we were the V.I.P. of the day, which entitled us to free appetizers at the in-hotel restaurant, Champions.

The rooms were clean, updated and comfortable. There was a flat-screen HDTV (with only a couple HD channels), down pillows and comfortable beds. The bathroom was very roomy and featured Bath & Body Works toiletries, which was awesome. Usually you get some grandma-smelling lotions made in God knows where.

The fitness room and the pool were top-notch. The fitness room was high quality, and you can actually get a good workout done there. The pool was an infinity pool, with a metal bottom, which has an interesting feel on your toes. The hot tub is also very nice and hot. There is also a guest laundry that we were able to use to get all of our clothes clean for like $6, a fraction of the cost it would cost to send them out.

The restaurant, Champions, is a sports bar, with good beer and good bar food to eat. The atmosphere is nice in there and the staff is very friendly.

We attended a wedding for my cousin there, and the banquet facilities were very nice, the food was great and the service was friendly and great.

There is an urban mall that is essentially across the street, with all of your standard mall retailers, great dining and a food court. Nice place to get out of the heat.

Basically, this Marriott, like most Marriotts I have stayed at, was a slam dunk. Outstanding stay, great food and amenities, and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

The Marriott was a nice hotel. Being Marriott Rewards Gold, we received access to the lounge, which served a nice breakfast. It also served snacks in the evening, but I never made it to the lounge in the evening. The rooms were very nice and comfortable, and nicely decorated. Internet access was for a fee in the room, but was free in the lobby and in the lounge. The location was very convenient to downtown attractions, and hotel was connected to the convention center by a skybridge. You can actually get to the Circle Centre Mall without stepping foot outside, though it's a bit of a roundabout way. I did not have a vehicle during this trip, so I can't comment on how much parking was, but I did see that they offer valet. Based on this stay, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

We stayed in this hotel in January for a leisure weekend getaway. It exceded our expectations. Excellent service, location was top notch, lots of little extras that people appreciate like the spring water in the lobby flavored with fresh strawberries and lemons. Just a nice extra touch. The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. We booked the hotel through a discount website for $49 so it was an incredible deal. I would deffinetly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I stay in Indianapolis quite often and I have stayed in just about every hotel downtown. My favorite by far is the Marriott. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are great. Location is great.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!