“Great place to stay in downtown Indianapolis” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Indianapolis Downtown

You added Marriott Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 West Maryland Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #39 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great place to stay in downtown Indianapolis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I had to stay here as it was a convention and this was the host hotel. I read several very harsh reviews from other guests and they were ver specific to there complaints and the good reviews were very vague at best. Having said that, I had an amazing stay at this hotel. The staff were all very polite and helpful. I had a hard time finding a place to buy water as the hotel gift shop was pricey as can be expected. As soon as I mentioned I didn't mind walking to a nearby store to buy enough water to last for my trip, they immediately had water delivered free to my room. When I needed to do laundry and the soap machine was empty, I went to the desk and notified them of that fact they did not ask me to wait until they could get someone there to fill the machine the lady at the desk gave me free soap and fabric softener so I could get right back to my laundry. I was also going to have issues eating on my schedule, so the night manager Karley Smith made me very reasonable accommodations to join the Concierge lounge that was open all day long from 0630 - 2200. That allowed me to eat all day long when time allowed. This also included free in room WiFi which is normally at a cost in the room. The hotel does include free WiFi in the common areas. There were several other issues from parking, to airport transportation, to sightseeing and local dining. Every employee I spoke to was polite and helpful. There were never any issues or questions that were with anything but smiles and solutions. I would love to stay here again and if I ever need to go back to Indianapolis I WILL!! Thanks again to the whole staff!!! Room was nice and very clean. Beds, yes I slept in both were very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and very large, it was also one of the biggest bathrooms I have ever seen in a hotel. Room was cleaned and beds made daily and getting clean linen was as easy as saying hi to the housekeeping staff. I heard about the thin walls and the high school kids that make it loud. I can not speak to the source of any noise but I did not have an issue with loud noise and even the TV in my room had a limited volume control. I would recommend that you give this hotel a try and see for yourself.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Bardstown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. Everyone very friendly. I thought the price to self park in their parking garage was outrageous ($31 per night). Plus if you wanted internet in the room it was another $13 per day.

Room Tip: Just a thought....we were on the 10th floor and someone set the fire alarm off and we had to evacuat...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Etowah, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I spent 5 nights here recently for meetings and a convention. The rooms are nice with lots of convenient features. The lobby and meeting areas are suited for large crowds. Restaurants in the hotel provide good service and have quality foods. Noise level is generally acceptable. Price is competitive for a downtown convention facility. There are lots of very enjoyable venues within 2 to 6 blocks from the hotel, including sports, museums, theaters, restaurants and a large convention center. It is safe and walkable.

Room Tip: It has more than 20 floors, so you have a big choice.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We recently stayed at the Downtown Marriott to attend a convention. We stayed in a king unit on one of the upper floors. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the view from our window was nice. This is what we expected in a quality hotel. But what set this hotel apart from the many similar hotels that we have stayed at over the years was the outstanding customer service. From the time that we arrived at the hotel entrance, we found a staff that was polite, attentive and cheerful. There were simply no exceptions--and this service quality did not stop at the end of our stay. When we arrived home, we found that we had left something in the room during checkout. We called the hotel, were directed to the lost and found department, where a very cheerful man searched for our missing equipment, found it and promptly sent it to us by Fed EX. The management and staff set this hotel apart from others in its class.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

All staff were friendly, helpful, and going out of their way!! Clean rooms, well stocked and bed was very comfy. The only negative is that walls were pretty thin. Could here conversations in hallway and voices in other rooms. Def would go back tho, very pleased :)

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

A recent summit at the Convention Center allowed me to stay at the Marriott Indianapolis Downtown. The location was superb as I was able to take the skywalk to the Convention Center, which came in handy one afternoon as there was a big thunderstorm. The rooms are very nice with a very comfortable king bed. Parking is available on-site and allows for unrestricted in and out privileges. Parking was $31/day, which seems high, but probably market for downtown hotels.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The overall service was just horrible. From A thru Z. Front desk people just don't care. Very rude Customer Service personnel. They just don't know how to greet people. I highly recommend that the management team should send their personnel for training.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
David K, Manager at Marriott Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
James B
Thank you for your recent comments on you stay with us. I am truly sorry that you experience was unsatisfactory during your stay.
We will use your valuable comments to train our staff in their guest service interactions to better serve our guests.
Our goal is for all guests to enjoy their stay and hope that you may be able to give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards

Been to Marriott Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!