“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Indianapolis Downtown

Save Saved
You added Marriott Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 West Maryland Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #42 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Belleville, IL
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I had the occasion to be coming through Indy on Saturday night, April 27th, and decided to spend the night. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was just so nice and friendly. Our room was extremely nice and we had a view of the football stadium and the baseball stadium from the 15th floor.

It was important for us to attend church in the morning, and the concierge gave us directions to the beautiful St Johns Church just a couple of blocks away. She also put our mind at ease that we could leave our car in parking until after the morning service even though that was after the official check out time.

The only thing that keeps me from giving this a five star rating was the fact that the internet wireless service was not free and signing on would have cost me $13. In this day and age, it seems strange that a very nice hotel like this would gouge us for that fee when every overnight motel will give that away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Marriott Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy your experience was excellent. I appreciate your comments on our staff friendliness, cleanliness and location.

For your next visit, we do offer free WiFi in our lobby and restaurants.

436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Bloomington, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were only here for 1 night, but this is a very nice, clean and friendly hotel. Three or four people greeted us on the way to the desk asking if we needed help. Check went very smooth and we were in our rooms in no time.

The rooms are very nice. Nothing great, nothing terrible, but nicely sized and very comfortable and quiet.

We go to Indy a couple of times a years for things at the convention center and this is the best one to stay at for access to the convention center. It is a short walk across the sky walk to get to the convention center. We have stayed at many downtown Indy hotels, and this one is at the top of our list.

Just a good note about the Valet service. We had to check out and take our bags to the car but we still had business going on for an hour or 2. The valet just left the car up front instead taking back down to the garage. So when we were done at the convention center, we walked right to our car and drove away. This was very nice after a long day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Marriott Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and completing a survey. I am happy your experience was excellent! We strive to provide a clean and friendly environment and it sounds like we achieved that with your stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I attended a conference with a group of 1880 people and the Marriott was not equipped to accommodate a group of this size. Please keep in mind that the conference was booked 1 year in advance which is enough time to prepare your staff for this conference. The room was adequate and the cleaning staff was sufficient but, customer service was lacking in many areas. There were long lines for check-in and out, with only three people at the desk. In a private area in the Champions restaurant there was one waitress for 35 people. It took her 25 minutes to get our orders and 1 1/2 hours for our food. If there were more than 6 people of average weight in the elevator it would not move up nor down. The restaurant in the hotel immediately seated us and took our order but, never came back to our table until 40 minutes later with cold breakfast. The self-parking garage was not an option as they steered us to valet claiming no room available of course the self-park was least expensive. There was one valet person after 9pm and the wait was long to retrieve your car. The front desk staff charged someone else bill on my credit card and told us to work out the repayment. This hotel is understaffed and cannot provide exceptional service for a large group. I would suggest you try another location it will save you an Excedrin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Marriott Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations for your group. The group was a very large group for our hotel and grew significantly from the time it was originally contracted. The staffing levels were set for maximum business levels and it sounds like there were still delays in service times.

If you would like to discuss further, my direct line at the hotel is 317-405-6040.

Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Overpriced Parking even though the GM is going to comment back that they are comparable to downtown rates, the beds are like sleeping on a concrete slab, and charging for the internet in the room. I guess a motel 6 with free parking, free internet, and comfortable beds should be rated a 5 star! J.W. can shove his hotels!!
BTW if you eat at Champions, don't get the grease n chips......I mean the fish n chips....go to LJS and have a gourmet meal!

Room Tip: anywhere other than here!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was at the Marriott April 12-14 for a Cheer competition. When we pulled up to the hotel, a bellman asked if we wanted to valet park our car. I told him I wanted to self park and he graciously told me where I needed to park. If you park the car yourself it is $30 a day. To valet it is $35. For 5 dollars more I should have used the valet. We parked our car and went into the hotel to check in. It took all of 2 minutes. The staff was so courteous. We stayed on the 5th floor. We were overlooking the roof of the next building. It was rather noisy. The beds were ULTRA comfortable. The room was clean and just the right size. The only issue I had was that our room wasn't cleaned and I had to call down to get more towels for the next day. The pool was also under construction and we were told if we wanted to swim we could go to the Westin Hotel and use their pool. Let me just say that I was super happy that I wasn't staying at the Westin. It was close to the mall and to the convention center. It was also a short walk outside to a few restaurants. I would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone! The staff was fantastic and so was the bed!

Room Tip: I would pick a room that was above the 5th floor as to not get too much noise from the other buildin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for completing a survey and staying at our hotel. I am happy your experience was excellent and you found our staff and service to be super.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there this past weekend for my daughters cheer competition. This hotel is attached to the Convention Center. It was so convenient. The hotel was amazing. Very clean. The employees were very accommodating and helpful. There is a Star Bucks and Champs Restaurant in the hotel. It is also very easy to walk through the Convention Center to the Circle Center mall. We paid the extra for valet parking. It was very nice to not have to worry about finding a space in the parking garage and carrying the luggage back... Even tho I have done this before. :) I stay at the Marriott every time I am out of town. It is inportant for me to feel comfortable with the sheets/bed etc. They have not let me down. I am extremely happy with their hotel and service.

• Stayed April 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a gem in a prime location in downtown Indianapolis. Definitely a convention/business hotel since it's across the street from both the convention center & Indiana Statehouse, this is also a great "getaway" spot. My wife & I stayed here for our anniversary . The staff was incredibly friendly, the well-appointed room immaculate & proximity to downtown bars & attractions a true plus. Would highly recommend for a business or pleasure trip!

• Stayed April 2013

Phil Ray

Been to Marriott Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!