“Proximity to the convention center makes it awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Indianapolis Downtown

You added Marriott Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 West Maryland Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #39 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Proximity to the convention center makes it awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We go to an annual convention in August in Indy and it is usually quite warm. This hotel is connected to the convention center which means no outside travel, which is HUGE. It is also the site of several convention events and the staff is amazing and helpful, every year. The rooms are very nice and comfortable, roomy and the view is awesome. Parking is a bit of a pain but other than that, a great place to stay for any convention.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Marriott Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
We are happy you returned again this year and the stay was excellent!

Come visit us again soon!

Phil Ray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Richardson, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott for a business trip and the reason i gave it an average rating is the JW Marriott next door, which opened in 2011, blows it away. The sleeping room is nice and plenty of space. I did have access to the concierge area which had a lot of appetizers in the evening (did not go in the morning). Had breakfast in there restaurant, which was really good. I typically do not do the buffet but it was cheaper than ordering a la carte off the menu so I did it. A lot of selection plus the made to order omelets and fresh Belgium waffles.

Overall it was a nice stay and will be frequenting Indianapolis often in the next 18 months so I sure I will be reviewing other properties in the downtown area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for trying the Indy Marriott Downtown! I am happy the service and the concierge option was enjoyed. Our concierge service is rankied among the best in Marriott.

We hope you decide to stay with us in the future. If I can be of any assistance, please call my direct line at 317-405-6040.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stay at this hotel every year in January for a cheerleading competition which is held in the Indianapolis Convention Center. Parking is valet and it is very pricey. I believe it was $25.00 per day. Check in was easy and the staff was very friendly. Rooms were standard,nothing fancy, but clean. The best thing about this hotel is it is connected to the Convention Center and the Circle Centre Mall by indoor sky walkways (which is nice in the winter). Several bars and restaurants in the hotel, there are also many good restaurants within walking distance. Rooms are expensive but its worth the convenience if you are attending a function at the adjacent convention center.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
I am happy you stayed with us and enjoyed our hotel service and location! We hope to see you again the next time you are in Indianapolis!

Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I spent five nights at this property recently - Saturday through Wednesday. I was there for a conference that was held on-site. The location is great. Close to the downtown shopping and restaurant area, close to the Football Stadium and Baseball Park and City Conference Center. There is a nice State Park a block away where you will find the zoo, museums and walking paths. They also offer Segway rentals. The property itself is well cared for, a few years old but still in good condition.

Front desk staff were courteous and helpful. The 18th floor concierge lounge is one of the best I have found at a Marriott. Staff was very attentive and courteous. Very nice selection of choices at breakfast including scrambled eggs and waffles and excellent fresh cut up fruit. In the evening they had heavy snacks and later desserts. Alcoholic drinks were available at a reasonable cost. The biggest plus was that they are open every day! Many Marriott Lounges are not open on the weekends. The rooms were nicely appointed and clean. Bed was comfortable with a nice pillow type selection. Room to room noise could be heard at times but it was not too bad.

Parking is a bit pricey ($30+ a night) but typical of a downtown hotel in a large city. We had a conference there of about 500 people and the on-site facilities were fine for that. The hotel fitness center was a little limited, but that is also typical. I found a local YMCA branch about a 15 minute walk away and used that facility which was new and very nice. (Indy YMCA Bike Hub) I did not use the indoor pool or whirlpool at the hotel but both looked clean.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. Rooms on the north side of the building overlook the state park. If...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Marriott Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy you enjoyed the hotel, especially the concierge level and amenities. We hope to see you again soon.

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a conference 5/20-24/12. Check-in was quick and easy and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Soon after arriving, I discovered that I had left a bag in the backseat of the cab that brought me over from the airport. The valet staff immediately called the cab company and assisted in retrieving my bag. I was very impressed with their concern and quick action. Much appreciated guys!

The lobby was nice, spacious, and contained a sports bar as well as a piano bar. Their food was great and the beer was cold. Servers were very friendly and fun to talk to.

My room was very clean, including the bathroom. It also had a nice size refrigerator and the beds were comfortable. My only concern with the room was that is was not very sound proof. The door had a large gap at the bottom which allowed noise in from the hallway. Could also hear the occupants from the adjoining room, and depending on their activity, it got a little noisy for a brief duration a couple of times during the night.

Great location, clean hotel, excellent staff! Highly recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy we were able to assist you in recovering your items from the taxi. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Went to this hotel with a convention. Valet was very expensive. Check in was okay with me, but one of my colleague's had to store his bags in my room because his was not ready, even though we showed up at the hotel at about 3:30.

The hall ways and rooms could have been in any city, anywhere in the world. No personality at all.

Was very clean, nice location for walking around town in the evening after the convention.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Marriott Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy that your overall experience was good. I am sorry for your friend having a delay on the check in process due to the hotel being sold out the night before. We hope you will chose the Indy Marriott Downtown the next time you visit our city.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Very nice hotel, nearby top dinning, downtown scene, and directly across from the stadium. Clean hotel, great health club, decent bar, helpful staff. The only compliant was about the hotel design, the rooms don't suppress sound. It was easy to hear my neighbor and doors slamming in the hallways. Overall, I was happy with the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry your neighbors disturbed you during your visit, but I am happy that your overall experience was very positive. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Indianapolis.

Been to Marriott Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!