“Great night's sleep” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Indianapolis East

You added Ramada Indianapolis East to your Saves list
Ramada Indianapolis East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6990 E. 21st Street, I70 & Shadeland Avenue,, Indianapolis, IN 46219 (Formerly Holiday Inn Indianapolis East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #145 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Pewaukee
“Great night's sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I pulled into the parking lot of this Ramada Inn at 8:30 pm, after having been on the road for 6 hours. I was a bit dismayed at forst because there was some sort of convention happening and the lobby was filled with happy people, not exactly quiet. I heard music from a room down the hall, and actually considered canceling my reservation and trying to find a more quiet place to lay my weary head. I am very glad I didn't! The front desk clerk was wonderful, friendy and helpful, and even though I was given a room on the first floor, in the corridor that led to the pool, the moment I closed the door I heard nothing. Complete, wonderful silence. I knew that there were kids running down the hallway toward the pool, just outside my door, but I did not hear a single pitter-patter of little feet. As I turned on the television for a little unwinding time, I noticed the remote was not working; I called the front desk and within seconds the smiling clerk arrived with a new one. I slept beautifully and left early to continue my journey. Upon arriing home I realized I had left behind several items of great personal value. I was able to contact a manager who found the items and had them returned to me, after a few glitches. I would recommend this hotel to any travelers. The only drawback was that the breakfast was rather boring. Not a bad trade-off, in my opinion. Great value as well. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

After reading the countless bad reviews, but having already booked our room, I called the front desk manager, who could not have been more pleasant and I appreciated his honesty very much. I voiced my concerns. I would be staying with my husband and 2 small children. I asked if we could please have a newly renovated room. No, none of the rooms have had any recent renovations. I then asked if they have had a problem with bed bugs. Yes, but it had been several months back and they had not any recent complaints. He tried to calm my fears and told me he would do anything he could to help me feel better about our stay. Very nice.
When we got here the lobby was fine. I didn't notice the horrible smell of stale smoke that several others had commented on. The staff at the counter, one being the manager I had spoken with on the phone, was super friendly and even talked to my children. I asked if we could have a room with a fridge and microwave cause we were staying for 4 nights. They quickly found us one at no extra charge. This is where everything went downhill big time! The elevator stunk and has nasty carpet. The room...OMG. You just can't imagine. The carpet was the dirtiest I have ever seen and our flip flops felt like they were sticking to it when we walked. It very obviously had not been vacuumed in a long time. There was an old toothpick, crumbs, clothing tags, and chewed on sunflower shells on the floor. The fridge door had what looked like dried ketchup all over the side and door handle. Phone was filthy. Hair in various places all over bathroom, sticky looking substance on mirror in bedroom, vents were covered in a good inch of dust. The curtains were stapled, yes stapled, to the wall and had what looked like vomit on them. There was pull down shades which I haven't seen since the early 80's. I came prepared with my own Lysol wipes, spray and disposable gloves. Oh, and let me not forget to post about the prostitutes that continually work this parking lot-with no shame. The pool area was dirty with a few wet towels laying around and hair everywhere. The pool water looked clean enough and smelled like bleach so I let the kids swim. Breakfast was fine if you are really into carbs and nothing else. Bread, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, mini muffins, yogurt, milk, juice and coffee.
My opinion-if you simply can't afford to stay elsewhere, stay in your car.

• Stayed June 2013
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

my wife and i checked on 6/5/13 and will there till 6/9/13 for 4 nights the room and nice and the so are the beds, it is really quiet and being next to the interstate you really can't here it that much in the room

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ann Arbor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I reserved a non-smoking room, but the room filled smoke. I tried to change a room but they refused due to high demand. I dont understand that. I checked in at 3 pm, and most of customers are not checkin yet. why I cannot change to the other room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Indianapolis East? Share your experiences!