“Disgrace!!” 1 of 5 stars

4326 Sellers Street, Indianapolis, IN 46226   |
Ranked #141 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Disgrace!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was told this place is under "new management "and is being remodeled . Well , I seen from the outside why it's being remodeled three rooms were burnt down .

This place is nothing more than a step up from being a flop house or a drug den .

The two rooms I rented just a disgrace, behind the dresser was nothing but trash and old food . The carpet was not washed or vacuumed and had roaches . The bed mattress was broke . The second room was not clean at all . The blankets were stained in blood , feces ; same with sheets as in urine . The cleaning staff seemed by evidence they don't care about the appearance on how it looks .

I would recommend not to consider this place unless in extreme weather and is needed for shelter . .

But Manager did say that the hotel is under construction and will be totally remodeled in one year time . I stated here in late Dec 13

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We chose this place because it was close to the freightliner. We had our truck in the shop. We entered the room and found a dead mouse on the floor. We immediately called the office, because we were concerned about our pets possibly getting poisoned. All the desk clerk could say was "I'm sorry". She didn't even offer another room. We later discovered another dead mouse and garbage behind the night stands and under the love seat. The shower had hair on the walls and the floor looked like it was about to cave in. There was mold around the tub. Pulled back the comforter on the bed and there was hair in the sheets! The ceiling had water damage. When we contacted the owner he refused to refund our money. but offered another room which was worse than the one we stayed in! If you see this hotel keep driving!! Also I cannot believe they have the audacity to charge $60.00 a night and charge $11.00 per pet fee you don't get back!

• Stayed December 2013
Mineral Point
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The rooms are worn out. There was a hole in the mattress.the furniture was scratched up and worn out.Wyndhams reputation is being deystroyed by booking their owners in hotels that are substandard. I stayedf at three hotels during my trip to and from Branson MO. They were all places that I would NEVER CHOOSE. My mistake was to believe that Wyndham is a higher class organization. Unless the bad ones are weeded out Wyndham will be losing a lot of hotel business.Starting with me.

Room Tip: Don't book any hotel with Wyndham until you check it out.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Got to the hotel at 2 am after 12 hours on the road, had to get going again in the morning to make it home for an appointment. There was no hot water in the entire block of rooms I was in, when I called to complain they just said no refunds and offered me another room with hot water. Now that I was out of time this was not an option.

• Stayed August 2013
Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a Jacuzzi Suite and believe me...after a day at the Indiana State Fair and another at the Indianapolis Zoo; We almost needed to be pried out of that tub. It was nice and quiet in spite of being close to the center of it all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bogota, Colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The problem is the poor training of th emeployee's, is not their fault is the company policies and their poor values. The customer is not even a human being is just a credit card. I had a reservation, I made a changes of planes and one of this wasn't done. So I paid for a night in Indianapolis which I was in another Knights Inn in another city and state.
When I arrive to the hotel, there was no reservation, so I called customer care and after 30 minutes of waiting, somebdy answer, this person was strictly attached to the policies and when could not anwser my complain just told me to is problem of the front desk and they could not do anything for me.
So the front desk clerk called the manager, after 20 minutes never answered, so I left my number and left because It was getting late and I had no place to stay, nobody called me, is not about the money that I lost, is the complete frustration with the hotel, nobody offer me a solution, just pay and keep paying.
i know nobody from the company will care about this, but at least one user will read this and will make a smarter choise selecting a better place, and read the other people who wrote.

Room Tip: Choose a room far from this property
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I agree with the first two reviews of this place. It was to bad also because this motel had a special meaning to us as a couple. It was the first place we stayed overnight together some 14 years ago. Since then, it has gone done hill. A big Hill. The Internet did not work. I kept getting the frying J's internet that they wanted to charge you for. Leaves were on the ground and they decided to blow the off the sidewalk at 9:00 pm. This place is in need of updating. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Indianapolis? Share your experiences!