“LFC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mind Tripping Show

Mind Tripping Show
120 West Market Street, Hilton Indianapolis Hotel and Suites, Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 691-6399
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: National Touring performers Christian & Katalina are at the Hilton with a funny, surprising, interactive, and intimate, interactive theatrical show called Mind Tripping: A Comedy with a Psychological Twist. Christian & Katalina, the #1 Husband & Wife Comedy Mind Reading Act, take audiences on a series of mind-bending adventures that is pure fun. The show is a psychological thriller that blurs the lines between fantasy and reality. Think Candid Camera meets the Twilight Zone. Perfect for teenagers and older. Shows are Friday and Saturday nights. Some Sunday Matinees.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had seen this show, or some incarnation of it, two times previously at the Indy Fringe Festival. Liked it well enough on those occasions to want to see it again, and when I learned that it was at least semi-permanently installed here in town, tucked away in my mind that I needed to get back to see it. This time I took 11 people with me to celebrate my birthday and we all loved it. I knew I would, but had some skeptical people in the bunch and people who thought this really wasn't their kind of thing. To a person, everyone said how much fun they had and how much they had enjoyed the show. This is, in large part I think, because of the performers and their ability to engage their audience, including some very hard to convince teenagers in the front row, and also the mixture of magic and mentalism with humor. In a small venue (40-50 seats, I think) they can interact at a fairly intimate level with everyone in the room, and because we were all wearing nametags, there was a level of connection that would not be there if you weren't being called by name as they went through the show. It is fun, and funny, just highly entertaining and yes, mind boggling, too. I personally love how both Katalina and Christian are able to appear fascinated and interested in what the other one is doing even though you know they've done this schtick who-knows-how-many times before. I definitely recommend this if you just want to be entertained and come out feeling like you've had a really good time, and also like your brain has been challenged. If you're from out of town, live in town, are staying in the hotel, whatever - go see this show! Skeptical or not, you will enjoy it. Thanks to Christian and Katalina for bringing fun and wonder to my birthday celebration.

1 Thank Linda C

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Awesome Show or Should I say Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We celebrated my Friends birthday by seeing Christian & Katalina - what an awesome show or should I say trip. Life has been pretty stessful for me lately and this is the prescription I needed to take my mind off of the craziness of life and to really take a break by breaking out the endorphins - Thanks Kat & Christian - you both are truly amazing - I WILL BE BACK - and with more people!

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Intimate and very entertaining! A great value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We live in Indianapolis, and thought we had seen all the top attractions in Indy. When we saw other reviews for this show, we were a bit skeptical. I mean, after all, is this REALLY on par with the top attractions in Indy? Well, after seeing the show I would have to agree that it IS on par with those top attractions. Christian and Katalina do an amazing job of entertaining the audience. And the audience size is small enough that they get everyone in on the act. We took our 11 year old daughter, and she was thrilled. She talked about the show for weeks afterward. During the show, Christian mentioned that they used to perform for cruises and in show clubs for larger audiences, and they wanted to find a way to bring the quality of a big production to a small audience. I would say they did that wonderfully. You leave the show feeling like you got more than you paid for. It's kind of like seeing a big time music act like U2 or the Rolling Stones in a small bar somewhere.

I highly recommend.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank JeanlovesJerry
“This was incredible! Extremely mind blowing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

They are two truly amazing people with wonderful capabilities, I would go back again! They left me with a mind trip of my own! You won't be disappointed! Amazing show Kat and Christian, you both did a wonderful job!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Date Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I took my wife here as a surprise and we both had an amazing time. They are both very funny and keep the audience well engaged. The performance is in a small room making the experience very intimate. The only thing that detracted for me was that I kept trying to figure out how they were tripping my mind, I'm a very skeptical person I guess this is really my fault. Either way I would highly reccomend this show.