“Grace and Burgers!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
High Velocity is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 2,023 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington
Description: As one of the largest in Downtown Indy, High Velocity is taking sports bars to a whole new level, featuring 60 plasma TVs and serving 16 varieties of beer fresh from the tap, delicious appetizers, fresh salads, sliders, burgers, chicken wings and more. Plus, High Velocity's Sky Box is defined by its 85-inch 3D plasma television, where guests can watch sports in the comfort of cozy sofa seating or casual seating areas.
“Grace and Burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This past weekend my two brothers and my fiance and I had a great time at High Velocity. We were in town for four full days and we had two dinners and one lunch at this restaurant. The food was very good - we really liked the burgers. Great taste without being too greasy or overly salty. The chicken fingers are made of real chicken and we ordered them all 3 times. The salads were good and made for a very filling lunch option without going fried.

However, the real reason I'm online late this evening is the world-class service we received each and every time. Grace M.(see photo) went above and beyond to provide not only great service with food and drink, but also with an all around positive experience at High Velocity and in Indianapolis. Grace was funny and personable. She was great with a joke and made us feel right at home. At our third meal Grace remembered our drink preferences while making space for us in her already super busy section. Along with Katy behind the bar, we stayed late for drinks and had a lot of fun until we had to leave.

I kid you not, if you are looking for dinner or want to watch some games, pick High Velocity. Hopefully you get Grace. If not, here's hoping her demeanor is rubbing off on the rest of the staff (Jeremiah was very good too)

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phil R, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for this great post. I appreciate your kind comments about Grace, Katy and Jeremiah and will share this feedback with them. They are valuable members of our team.
We enjoyed having you with us, and we'll look forward to your next visit.

“Business Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I met a group of colleagues in High Velocity restaurant for lunch and the experience was good. The food was really good, and the staff was more than accommodating. I ordered a bacon burger, requested a regular bun as I don't particularly like pretzel buns, and everything came out on time and good quality. The burger comes with fries - just enough to fill any space not occupied by the huge sandwich. Of course, being inside a luxury hotel chain such as the JW, the prices were a higher than you would normally pay for a burger, but the overall experience is still high quality.

Visited August 2014
Phil R, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I was happy to see that overall you enjoyed your visit to High Velocity. It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Dallas, Texas
“Great menu.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

At High Velocity, there is a very large menu, and all the items are very good and very filling. If you have allergies or are a vegetarian/ they will accommodate your needs very well. If you are staying in Indianapolis, I would definitely recommend High Velocity.

Visited July 2014
We certainly appreciate your great feedback and hope to welcome you back soon.
Omaha, Nebraska
“A good sports bar with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is one of the two restaurants in the JW Marriott in downtown Indy. It's roomy, has plenty of televisions and a pretty good waitstaff. We maybe waited a little long to get a drink on our second visit but, as soon as I mentioned that to my wife, our server appeared.

The portions are enormous, as is the case in too many American restaurants these days, and the food is good. On our first visit I had a hamburger and it was served exactly as ordered, was very good and accompanied but multiple potatoes worth of fries. The second time, we tempered our ordering and opted for the chili cheese nachos. They're not really anything outstanding but they are good and the portion was more than the two of us could eat.

Comfortable chairs and booths, a fun and laid-back atmosphere and a great location near much of downtown Indy. If you're in the hotel, it's a great option if you're not up to walking just a bit.

Visited August 2014
Phil R, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I will share this information with my team. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in town.
Iowa
“Reasonable prices, quick service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Very reasonably priced way to have lunch during our conference. I think we will be back! One way to save time, if you are at a conference, is use their link to make a reservation through Open Table, and walk right past all those waiting for a table.

And if you want to amaze your friends and impress your neighbors, order the nachos...but be sure you are hungry.

Visited August 2014
Phil R, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
I am so happy you enjoyed High Velocity while you were here for a conference. I am proud of the team and will share your comments with them.
We hope to welcome you back soon.