“Tasty little gem from triple D” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #453 of 2,028 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Champaign, Illinois
“Tasty little gem from triple D”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stopped by here after a trip to Indy children's museum. We had a 2-yr old and 4-yr old sons with us and they were very hungry! We initially were only ones there probably because it was 5 pm. They quickly brought out my kids food as requested which was much appreciated. Generous sandwich and applesauce cups boys could have split so take note. I had cup of clam chowder and BLT. Husband had croque Monsieur (shaved ham topped w cheese and egg--reminded me of eggs Benedict). Chowder was amazing and BLT very good. Not a tomato fan so having it presented on sandwich as sweet, savory jam made me very happy. We all split a giant $5 chocolate chip cookie for dessert. Cost us around $60 total. Well worth it for a great dining experience. Bacon was a tad hard to chomp on but worth the effort :). I would return and try more seafood items. Menu was one-page but think they may rotate specials weekly?

Chicago vicinity
“Overdue review of a pet-friendly restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife, my dog and I had our first lunch at the Barking Dog late last year. Sorry for the overdue review... I wrote it and promptly forgot to submit it. FYI- our experience was very positive. Very warm fall day, sat outside. Service was good, our waiter was friendly and chatty, and whom I presume to one the owners (or the owner's wife) came over to talk with us about our dog. And as importantly, our meals were good. I tried the Bark Lard and it was pretty loaded with bacon. My wife had a really good chicken salad sandwich (but the Jersey Cafe chicken salad sand is still her fav in Indy). And our pooch Sunny gobbled up her doggie burger. (Sunny also gobbled up an old French fry and dead cricket she found on the sidewalk, so her endorsement isn't as persuasive.) The only negatives is that I note is that the prices are a tad high and I can see how parking would be a problem in the evening or on the weekends.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis
“Great place to take your favorite pooch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have been in love with Barking Dog for years. My favorite place to visit in the spring when the weather breaks to take my Jack Russell for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. Sam even gets her own cheese burger and fries.

Visited October 2012
Lebanon, Indiana, United States
“Blew me over it was that good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughter and I had lunch at the Barking Dog Cafe on July, 31, 2013. The menu has a great variety of items. What to choose, what to choose? I started with a cup of clam chowder. This was by far the BEST I've ever had! Huge chunks of sweet tender clams, potatoes were very small, the broth was thick and full of flavor. I chose a cheese burger deluxe...I know boring right? Maybe but it was delish. Add to that a side of creamy cole slaw topped with quality blue cheese. This really wowed both of us. Who would have thought blue cheese on slaw? My daughter had the "Bark Lard" BLT. In house cured fresh bacon, homemade tomato jelly some kind of condiment that was out of this world. The only thing missing for me was.....peanut butter! I k ow gross right? Try it you will be hooked forever on your BLT (it's a family thing). Four thumbs up from us! Can't wait to go back and try the fried oysters!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wadsworth, Illinois
“Great food, friendly staff and a unique atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This place is worth checking out. I had the Shrimp Roll and it was great! My son had a BLT and the bacon was also very good. We will definitely visit again if we are in Indianapolis!

• Visited June 2013