“Just okay.” 3 of 5 stars

Description: (317) 396-2696
Description: (317) 396-2696
“Just okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The cupcakes are hit and miss. The filled cupcakes are nice and moist. However, the other cupcakes were a little dry and just okay in taste. For the price, the cupcakes just did not wow me. I have had much better.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Indianapolis, Indiana
“holy moly, these are good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Love, love, love the Flying Cupcake on Massachusetts (Mass) Ave! Try the one called "Here Comes the Bride" (per the menu: "delectable almond cupcake swirled high with almond buttercream") and the Mocha Latte (“chocolate espresso cupcake with vanilla cream filling and topped espresso buttercream”).

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fun Birthday Cupcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We decided to check out the Flying Cupcake on Mass. Ave for my birthday with family. How fun to pick a dozen assorted cupcakes and have a little bite of everyones later! Everyone had a different favorite, but we all LOVED our treats!

We are already planning a trip back in April to for the next birthday on our list.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Little Bit of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

After brunch, we were so full, we decided to take cupcakes home! OMG!! The salted caramel chocolate was heaven in a paper wrapper! Perfect combination, extra chocolaty cake, salted caramel with chocolate ganache! Also got a red velvet, delicious, yes, but not on par with the salted caramel chocolate!
Cute vintage decor and friendly staff.

Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Boy was I bummed! :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I took a road trip to Indianapolis, part for his birthday and part just to get away this past weekend. He looked up some places, and found The Flying Cupcake for me because of the great reviews on here.
The store front was very cute, look inviting and happy. I was very excited because the cupcakes looked amazing! It was a little pricey ($14 for 4 cupcakes, two of which were jumbos), but I expect that from a cupcake boutique on Mass Ave. What I also expect is to be blown away by the cupcakes. Unfortunately I was SUPER disappointed.
The two cupcakes I chose were Eggnog and Happy Birthday to Me (Chocolate).
The Eggnog cake was strange - holding it felt light & airy, and it had a nice eggnog-y flavor, but it was very, chewy. I did not like the frosting at all. It was hard butercream with an almost crunchy crust, and there was a spice aftertaste that was not pleasing.
The chocolate cupcake was a little better, less chewy but dry. The chocolate buttercream was very thick and super sweet. It did not crunch like the eggnog frosting, but I still was not crazy about it.
I hope we just caught The Flying Cupcake on an off day. I won't be back to find out though.

• Visited December 2012