“Nice Hotel, Convenient location. Pay to Park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice Hotel, Convenient location. Pay to Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Pros: Nice rooms, newer hotel, convenient location next to Victory field and convention center. Cons: Very small pool, have to pay to park. I would recommend parking in the parking garage across the road, it is cheaper and is connected to hotel and convention center by sky bridges. Hotel is linked to convention center and several other areas downtown by sky bridges which is very nice in cold or bad weather.

Stayed March 2014
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I will share this information with my team.
I understand your comment about the parking and wanted you to know that we are competitive with all the full-service hotels in the downtown area.
It is my hope you will continue to use our facility whenever you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed for the MotoGP races over Aug 9-11. We stayed here about three years ago and thought the entire experience was wonderful - check-in, valets (they were the nicest guys ever) - room was beautiful with a great view of the city. This time was similar, but I feel like the staff have just gone down a notch. No one explained what the hotel has to offer (like breakfast on the higher floor, parking information for your checkout) - but all in all, it still is one of the most beautiful places to stay in Indy. And I do realize that it's a higher end hotel, but $17 a glass for house cabernet is silly, especially when the female bartender doesn't seem to care who you are if you're not male.

We will definitely stay here again, it is one of our favorites, just wish they could be as awesome as they were the first time we stayed!

Room Tip: Higher rooms are much better for the view :)
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your post and I am sorry you experienced different service levels with our staff. We always try to provide our guests with an excellent experience and we did not achieve this for you. Be assured that I will share your comments with my team, and we will also be doing some additional service training and follow up with our staff.
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My husband had heard about the lobby lounge from someone who called it the no-name bar. It came highly recommended. Well we definitely recommend it, too!

The Marriott glom (I call it a glom because every kind of Marriott hotel and brand imaginable are in this city block!) is across from the White River State Park area. After spending several hours at the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art and walking along the water, we were in dire need of refreshment.

We sat at the bar and were pleasantly surprised to see Ashley, whom we had met the night before at a bar in Fountain Square. Knowing her superb abilities as a mixologist (she created an incredible, unique drink for us), we asked her about the lobby lounge specialties. Unlike the Fountain Square bar which uses simple syrups in their cocktails, the lobby lounge specializes in shrub. Never even hearing of shrub, I decided to try it. After spending several hours with us the night before and recalling our drinks, Ashley warned me that I might not care for it. Shrub-based cocktails are not for me, she was right. But she immediately created a delicious blueberry mint mojito that is definitely memorable.

We'll be back and hope to see Ashley again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great comments and I am so happy to see that Ashley took such great care of you. She is an asset to our team, and I will share your comments with her. We will look forward to your next visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I don't generally have high-end luxury taste but was excited that we booked a "JW" Marriott for this trip to Indy...having stayed at JW hotels in other cities that go the extra mile in many ways. This is a good, clean hotel that is centrally located but just did not meet the expectations I had of this brand. It did not seem like those in our group staying in other convention area hotels missed out on much.

My initial disappointment in the room was when I arrived and started to unpack. The closet was too shallow for a usual clothes rod extending side to side. Instead it had two racks of 6 or so hangers each that face you. There was not enough depth in the closet to lay a carry on suitcase in...depth was a little more than length of my shoes. There was a shallow safe in a drawer. The desk chair was a pretty worn, scuffed (not patina) leather and chrome with uncomfortable, unpadded armrests. Both shower and sink water pressure were kind of weak and the liner in the shower was too long so it soaked in bottom of the tub.

Décor was modern. Good access of reading lights, outlets, etc. There was a cool A/V input panel on side of the desk for PC, game, or other connection to the TV. In room Wi-Fi worked well and was complimentary for our conference group...just had to sign in and accept the standard daily charges which did not appear on the final bill.

Fitness Center is one of largest I've seen in a hotel...was free space for the CrossFit junkies to jump around. Sufficient cardio and strength equipment for others...with locker room area and a small pool as well. Seemed like a space this size would have more than one set of dumbbells though...several of us waited on each other routinely. There also were only 2 exercise mats I could see when I needed one.

The hotel sits in a cluster of hotels near the convention center and Colts football stadium. It's a nice area. There are parks, river, paths, and a little canal to wander. There are several historic sites and plenty of restaurants as well. The vibe is certainly influenced by proximity of the Indiana University / Purdue University campus. I was pleasantly surprised...not Chicago but not at all boring.

Room Tip: Rooms can view city or river
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations for your stay. We always try to provide our guests with an excellent experience and we did not achieve this for you. Be assured that we will review your comments and work at correcting any issues.
It is my hope that one day you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed here for two nights and found the staff excellent, bed comfy, walking distance to anyplace I wanted to go, and decent food in the lobby bar. Perhaps the light menu in the lobby bar was the only thing that wasn't up to par. All else was great and I'd stay here again!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your great feedback and I will share your comments with my team. We will continue to work to provide our guests with an excellent experience. Thank you again for your post and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed here for four nights on a business trip. The hotel is beautiful, well positioned with nice sized rooms and brilliant service. My room had a great view of the city and it's in walking distance of the stadium, some nice restaurants, the local museums and only a ten minute walk to the nearest shopping centre. I attended a function at the hotel and the breakfast and meals provided were always very good, the staff can't do enough to help you and was an overall great experience. I'd thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone and if I'm in town again I'd stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive comments. It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

As with all JW Marriott's, this is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are large, comfortable and very clean, everything works. I will say that the hot water heater for our room must have been on the next block as it took a while to warm up, but that's not a huge issue. The water was hot when it got there.

We stayed two nights on the 27th floor in a corner room. The windows are floor to ceiling and the views of the city are beautiful. Indianapolis is a vibrant, clean place with much to do downtown. The hotel is across the street from their minor league baseball stadium and less than six blocks from Lucas Oil Stadium, both exceptional facilities. You're also within walking distance of countless restaurants and bars and the nightlife is plentiful.

We were very busy so just ran through the executive lounge on the 31st floor but, oddly, there really wasn't much available there. Had we been able to make it for happy hour, I'm sure that wouldn't be the case.

The staff is as attentive as one would expect in a property of this level and quick to help or address any questions. The beds are superb. We were beat and, as my wife said to my son, it was like sleeping on a cloud. Very high quality linens as well.

We did get the earlier than expected housekeeping knock on checkout day, which seemed rather odd. We'd actually hoped for a late checkout so we could get some much-needed rest but, alas, were informed that wasn't possible. I do think they could have waited until we checked out at 11 am to show up to clean the room, but maybe that's just me.

My only complaint might be street noise. Yes, even on the 27th floor, you could hear traffic. Granted, it was a big motorcycle race and rally weekend in Indy and some of the bikes were exceptionally loud but, truly, you could hear traffic most of the night. Strange but true.

Regardless, a great hotel and responsive staff. I'll definitely be there again next year if not before.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are very nice, especially up high. The views of the city are impressive! Ask for a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and I appreciate your many kind comments about your experience. With regards to late check-outs, we do try to accommodate our guest requests; however, we have had many sold-out days recently and needed the rooms for guests checking in. I am sorry if you were inconvenienced.
It is my hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!