“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Celestine, Indiana
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I spent the night here while attending the MDexpo. The stay was seamless I was atanded to as soon as I walked into the lobby, registration was great, very quick and smooth. Its a big place but all the staff was very helpful about showing you arround. Also they gave really good dining suggestions. I would definately stay here again1

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and have great views of the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We certainly enjoyed having you with us here at the JW Marriott Indianapolis and we'll be looking forward to your next visit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is a fantastic hotel. You definitely receive the higher level of service that you pay for. From the minute we pulled up in our car to the second we checked out of the room we felt like we mattered. I thought I lost my sunglasses in the room after I had already checked out and they immediately sent someone up with me to look and when I did not find them they put in a request to search for them and said they would mail them. A week later I received follow up from the manager of the hotel via email and I did end up getting my sunglasses back. I felt like this hotel was very close to things that you might want to do in downtown Indianapolis. My husband and I walked to a great pizza place for dinner and passed by a movie theater and several restaurants and bars along the way. While there are closer hotels to all of that stuff, none of them seemed as nice. There is also a sports bar attached to the hotel that had decent ratings. We only went there for a couple drinks after dinner so I can't say much, but I did enjoy my time there as well.

Room Tip: Request a corner room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your great feedback and be assured that I will share this information with my team. We certainly enjoyed having you with us here at the JW Marriott and hope to welcome you back soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed here for five days, during the NCORE conference in May. (Great conference btw!!) While it took a day or so to get comfortable with the layout of the property, it was a pretty seamless stay--which is what I want in a conference experience.

But it took a day or so....I kept getting confused about which elevator I had to take to get to the room, and parts of the meeting-room area were a bit labyrinthine (maybe some clearer signage would help). To get to some rooms you have to take a combo of escalators and elevators; I found I was looking at the site map a lot. Since I was there for so long, I eventually got to know the lay of the land.

There were some breakfasts & lunches included in the program. All the food was delicious, but sometimes the breakfast options had no real nutritional substance (just sweet breads and muffins)--everything was tasty, but nothing that would stay with you for long enough to make it to lunch! I ate at both the Italian restaurant and the pub. In both cases the food was great and somewhat reasonably priced.

I shared a room with a colleague to save my university a few hundred dollars, and luckily the rooms were well suited for sharing (plenty of space, etc.). All the service staff was very helpful. No complaints there.

I really enjoyed being able to catch a (cheap!) baseball game right across the street one evening. It was also a very short ride from the airport (virtually no traffic at 9am when I arrived). The location was good, with nice views all around; but even though it's downtown Indianapolis, it feels kind of empty and isolated.

Overall it was a great stay and I highly recommend it as a conference location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know of your visit, and I appreciate your feedback. It was our pleasure to have the NCORE group with us, and we hope to be of service to you in the future.
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I decided to take our three children ages 5, 11 and 13 on an last minute over night trip to Indy. I have wanted to stay at the Marriott for ever. I called the hotel to make reservations and was transferred to the off site reservations department. After telling the lady I had 5 people in my party, giving her my credit card number, getting my children excited she informed me that I could not stay because I have 5 people. I said well I have three children do you suggest I leave one at home? She said she was sorry and she could not help me I could not have all of us in one room. I asked to speak to a manager. I was informed that I could not do this I would just have to call back. I once again called the hotel and asked to speak to a manager. I was directed to the front desk manager. Unfortunately I do not recall her name. I told her what had happened and needless to say she was not very happy. She immediately made me a reservation and upgraded our room! She was apologetic and more than helpful! Upon our arrival we were greeted at the front desk by the manager herself. All the staff was friendly and went above and beyond what they need to! The pool and hot tub were amazing. The decorations in the lobby and in the rooms were beautiful. We had a pullout sofa sleeper in are room for the kids. It was even comfortable. The bed in the bedroom was probably the best hotel bed I have ever slept on. The shower was amazing! The views of the city were awesome. The housekeeping department did not complain when they came up to make up the sofa bed but we were not quite ready. He came back later and was just as friendly the second time! I do not have any complaints about the Hotel itself or the staff but the reservation department could use some training from the other employees of this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer a spectacular view!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your post and I am very happy you called the hotel back after speaking with the national reservation office. I was glad to see our team stepped up and were able to book the reservation for you. It was great to see your positive comments regarding your experience, and I will share this with my staff.
We enjoyed having you with us and I do hope you and your family will visit the JW Marriott again soon.
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I don't recall a hotel being so busy during a visit, but my time at the JW Marriott Indianapolis was a busy one. I believe there were 4 different conventions scurrying through the halls and meeting rooms. The staff worked efficiently to ensure all the guests were comfortable and that everyone felt important. I was able to get a massage without leaving the hotel and get directions on how to find a Coca-Cola. The two drawbacks: a long Starbucks line & small closet. If those are flaws I think I'll manage during my next visit.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper avoid the rooms near the elevator, but every room has a great view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I spent 5 days in this hotel while attending the conference my employer organizes. The hotel is very good, has an excellent location (so close to the baseball field that you can actually see the baseball game from the hotel, and close to the Colts stadium), and has an outstanding staff. I did not see one staff member that was not very friendly and helpful. The indoor pool does not look great but I don’t like indoor pools anyway. The area of the hotel – downtown Indianapolis - is nice enough and includes the zoo, some museums, the canal and river walk. I did not go for a walk in the canal but I’ve been told is nice (although short). The walk along the river is not great and I choose to go to the hotel gym after trying it once.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 32nd floor, which offers a great view. I think both sides of the hotel are equally g...
Green Features: Recyclables are collected separately in bedroom but I did not see any recyclable bins in the conference area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We certainly appreciate your feedback and I'm pleased to see that your overall visit was positive. I do hope we can be of service to you again soon.
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The staff of this hotel demonstrated a cheerful and caring attitude, from the front desk to the wait staff at a large group function; better than the Ritz in my experience! The rooms are quiet and comfortable, nicely laid out, with modern furniture. Bathrooms were roomy and well-appointed, great hot water. Wi-Fi worked very well. Only a short walking distance to local restaraunts. The hotel bars were adequate, not very flashy, but the staff here was also superb! The fitness center is well done but the small pool is for kids only-some members of our group went to the nearby IU pool-ask if you are a hard-core swimmer. Amazingly well done large group meals and meetings.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback. I am so happy to see you enjoyed your visit to Indy, and I will share your post with my team.
I understand your comments about the pool, and wanted you to know that we were built as a convention hotel vs. many resort-style JW properties.
Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon.

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!