“A mixed review” 3 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Illinois
“A mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I recently stayed at the JW Indianapolis for a weekend conference. The rooms are very nice, and the views of the city are excellent. The hours for the pool and fitness center are great. There are many options for dining nearby, although many of them are chain restaurants. The decor is generally very nice, although the busy pattern on the carpet is a little much. The bellhops are very eager to help. We found the housekeeping to be a little lacking, however. My daughter found empty water bottles under the bed, and my husband's towel smelled of mildew. There are no refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms. There are no ice machines on the floors--you have to go down to the first floor to get ice. Parking was expensive and far away from our room, and valet parking was even more expensive. They also charge a large daily fee for internet service which seems excessive to me. We were not allowed to extend our checkout time at all, but instead were asked to check out before the conference was over, which I found rather inhospitable of them. Not sure that I would go back again, especially if I had to pay the regular rate.

Room Tip: All the rooms on higher floors have good views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your post. I was very sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations with regards to your experience here at the JW Marriott. Please be assured that I will share your comments with the team so that we can correct any issues.
Currently refrigerators and microwaves are not part of the JW brand standard; however, we do have several units on property and would be happy to bring one to your room upon request.
I understand your comments about the Internet and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their pricing guidelines so there is consistency within the brand. Currently Marriott does require a fee at their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants.
Lastly, I want to personally apologize that we were not able to grant you a late check-out. We always try to provide our guests with excellent service and I'm sorry we did not achieve this for you. It is my hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
Henderson, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel was beautiful outside. I had very high expectations before arriving here. I have stayed in other JW around the US. Like I said hotel beautiful, but on arrival room requested was not granted was given another room. Hotel staff said they would move us to requested room the next day. Nope, we were NEVER moved. That room was ok, the closets are nonexistent. I need them, we stayed here a week. The shower was handicap accessible, I am not handicap. When we would take a shower the bathroom floor would get soaked. We almost fell multiple times. The maid staff never once "cleaned" our room. When she would come at 4:00 p.m. she would give us new towels and make the bed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, and I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that I will review your comments with my team and we will take the necessary steps to correct any issues. I would very much like to speak with you regarding your visit. At your convenience, please contact me at 317-860-4911. I would be most grateful. We value your business and want you to be completely happy with your stay.
Again, I am sorry for the problems you incurred and hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service.
Gainesville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Beautiful hotel, very unexpected. Impressive architecture makes this building easily recognizable from the highway and in downtown. Floor to ceiling windows make for spectacular scenery overlooking the city, zoo, parks and river. Room service was prompt and the portions were generous. Easy to run in the trails across the hotel or to work out. The fitness center is rather impressive - better than many small town gyms!
Unfortunately, my hotel room smelled of strong body odor upon entering the doorway. It was also very noisy- there was a summer fest at the park across the river and could be heard in my room on the 25th floor. In the morning, I was unable to take a shower before leaving for the airport because there was no hot water despite running the sink and shower for 5 minutes (wasting water!). Parking a bit of a cramped nightmare.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and please accept my apologies for the problems you incurred during your visit. This is not typical of our hotel.
It is my hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service and facility. I am sure you will find your past experience to be the exception.
Holden Beach, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel located in an ideal part of town. I was in town for a couple of nights on business and wanted to try it out.

Simply, this is a big hotel dressed up in a little hotels clothes. The staff was strained to keep up and the room product was poorly maintained.

I hope they get there act together as there is so much potential!!!!

Stayed January 2014
I appreciate your constructive comments and I'm sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. If you can call me at your convenience, I would like to know more about your visit (317-860-4911). We do value your business and want you to be happy with your visit.
Thank you again for staying with us, and I hope we have the opportunity to regain your confidence in our service and facility.
Lincoln, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My opinion is the JW Marriott Indianapolis is a first class hotel. The reason for my stay was to attend a convention. I probably could not have afforded the room on my own. The room and view was great! Service was great! Room was very clean and offered a lot of amenities. It is within walking distance of many attractions, restaurants, and shopping. Staff were friendly and helpful. I did ask for a late checkout on my last day due to a later flight out but could not be accommodated because of another convention coming in on that day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and it was our pleasure to have you with us. We try to accommodate our guest requests, and I'm sorry we were not able to meet your request at check-out.
It is my hope you will continue to use our hotel whenever you are in the area.
Burbank, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

By far the JW Marriott, is one of the best hotels. I have stayed at the Marriott chain for over ten years and haven't been disappointed. The staff is excellent at handling all your needs with great attention. Located just where you need to be on business or vacation.

Room Tip: I enjoy the city view. There is one more which I believe is the park side which is also very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback, and I will share your comments with the team. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Carmel, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I booked my room several days before arrival. I called day of arrival to see if I could get early check in and was told not before 1. I arrived at 1 and it took her quite a while to check me in..she kept starring at the screen and told me that they were all sold out of king rooms and offered me a handicap or 2 queens. I took the two even though I was unhappy she didn't think I was important enough to get a king that I booked..funny that they sold out since I had called two hours prior.
A very small room, small bath with door in the way of sink. Room did not smell clean. Curtains, wrinkled terribly, not hanging well. A view of another Marriott hotel across the street and large parking lot.
Got everything hung and stored, went to take a shower, and the tub was plugged up..nasty foaming water standing was a dirty feel. No ice machines except for second floor, long wait elevators, dark hairs on bath floor, nasty dirty trash can in bathroom, was pretty shocked.
Went to relax on the bed, sheets were slipping off..time to call manager..The first gal was so rude telling me they will send someone up to fix drain...nope you should have done that before I got to the room.
Told manager all of this ..she took half off my bill...which was 300 to start with, including parking.
Bad nights sleep, air conditioner was loud, could not shut off. When I would change the temp, the heat would come on..
Never again..sadly disappointed. beautiful on the outside, like any other hotel in at least some of the rooms...my partner had a nicer one, with view of ball park, but also a much larger bill.
Great location, way over priced. Need extensive training at customer service. He had low water pressure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your post and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations during your visit. Our standard check-in time is 3 p.m., but we do early check-ins as rooms become available. I am sorry we did not have a king room available when you arrived. We do our best to accommodate all of our guests, and I am disappointed we did not meet the goal this time.
Please be assured that I have shared your comments with my team and we are taking steps to correct the issues your incurred. I do hope that one day you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our facility and service.

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!