“Service made me think it was a Ritz Carlton!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #6 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas, USA
“Service made me think it was a Ritz Carlton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I really didn't expect that I'd like a hotel in downtown Indy so much but the JW Marriott really delivered! The rooms are nice, really nice, which is what you expect in a JW.

Great service started at check-in when the clerk escorted me to the elevator to make sure my key worked and wished me a nice day. I was attending meetings at the hotel and the staff there did a great job with meeting rooms and refreshments and everywhere I turned there was a Marriott employee happy to answer a question or exchange greetings.

The food! I had the opportunity to sample food from their restaurants, club room and also catered event on their lawn and every meal was excellent and delivered with great service.

I won't hesitate to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: If there's a baseball game or practice get a room facing the stadium - you'll have a great s...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your great comments. I am so happy to see you enjoyed your experience here at the JW Marriott, and we'll be looking forward to your next visit. Phil Ray, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Washington Township, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the JW Marriott Indianapolis when traveling on business, and it did not disappoint. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean, and the location was a quick cab ride away from my client site and the airport.

The restaurant was a bit overpriced, however, and the food was just okay. No refrigerators in the room if you wanted to store leftovers. Also, while the room was clean (and certainly up to my standards) I did notice the clock next to the bed was incredibly dusty - but this was really only noticeable at night.

A pleasant surprise was the minor league baseball stadium that I could see from my hotel room. Fun working during the day from the room and hearing the roar of the crowd.

Overall a positive experience - and probably the best place to stay in Indy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your post and I'm happy to see that overall you enjoyed your visit.
I was sorry to see that the food was just okay. If you can let me know of your experience it will help us improve. Feel free to call at your convenience (317-860-4911).
With regards to the refrigerators, this is not currently part of the JW brand standard; however, we do have several units on hand and would be happy to bring one to your room upon request.
Again, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Phil Ray, General Manager
Grafton, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a business conference. My first time at a J W Marriott. From the time I checked in it was great. The staff was very helpful while checking in and every staff member I saw greeted me as if I was the only one there. The food here, whether served in the ballroom or restaurants was extremely good and well presented. Walking distance to Lucas Oil Stadium and a minor league baseball stadium right next door. Can watch the game from the second floor lobby. An all around fantastic stay.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your post, and we certainly enjoyed having you with us here at the JW Marriott. We hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed here due to business this week and i thought that the employees right from the bell services, reception, restaurants, chefs, housekeepers and all that make this hotel successful..are so friendly and hospitable.
Dined at High Velocity last night, the place is usually buzzing and so it was last night too..not at all surprising but the beauty was that my order too not more than 10 minutes.. now that is quick and the food was just perfect, I requested Tiffany for suggesting me amongst the top sellers & was recommend the High Velocity Burger.. loved it, its a solid value for monies..and tasty too.. wiped it up clean..
Certainly recommend you to dine here as it brings in loads of energy in the environment as the name rightly suggests too..
cheers!
Jolly

Room Tip: Well! i requestd for a quiter room, good thing is that I got a room facing the stadium and it was a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
It was certainly great to have you with us here and we appreciate your feedback. Be assured that I will share your comments with my team, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My family and I stayed at the JW Marriott for an event in downtown Indianapolis. The hotel is overpriced in my opinion. The rooms are around $250.00 a night, and they do not come with a refrigerator in the rooms or a continental breakfast. It's a very basic hotel room. You also have to pay an additional $30.00 a night for parking. There are lots of hotel staff on hand, too many in my opinion, that want to open the door for you, etc. for a tip. It gets to be a little annoying. The hotel used to offer government/military discounts all the time. Now these rooms appear to be limited and are very hard to get. The pool is very small, but the work out room is great. There are other comparable hotels in the area that offer more bang for your buck.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for your post and I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. We are a convention hotel and have been very busy recently and have not been able to offer government rates often.
Regarding refrigerators, currently the JW brand does not have units in their rooms; however, we do have some refrigerators on hand and would be happy to bring one to your room upon request.
I understand your comments about parking and wanted you to know that we are competitive with all the full-service properties downtown.
I am also sorry you felt the staff is only looking for tips because this is not our intent. Our team goes through extensive service training and is executing the JW brand standards of service.
Again, we appreciate your business and hopefully one day you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I travel fairly extensively, this hotel was by far the nicest hotel in the U.S I have ever stayed in. He was attending at conference at the hotel and we happen to live locally but his company still booked rooms for us. Customer service was the best I have ever had at any hotel. The amenities were great. Everyone is accomodating to the point of almost being too much!

Room Tip: High floors are incredible
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit here at the JW Marriott. We hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Hosted a business conference with companies from around the country. The Hotel was the highlight of the conference. Very user friendly with lots of breakout space and amenities. Great food, convenient to everything downtown, and a wonderful staff. We will be back next year

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I'm so glad to see your conference was a success and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back next year...if not before. Phil Ray, General Manager

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!