“Very Hospitable & friendly people and food is just brilliant..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #6 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very Hospitable & friendly people and food is just brilliant..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed here due to business this week and i thought that the employees right from the bell services, reception, restaurants, chefs, housekeepers and all that make this hotel successful..are so friendly and hospitable.
Dined at High Velocity last night, the place is usually buzzing and so it was last night too..not at all surprising but the beauty was that my order too not more than 10 minutes.. now that is quick and the food was just perfect, I requested Tiffany for suggesting me amongst the top sellers & was recommend the High Velocity Burger.. loved it, its a solid value for monies..and tasty too.. wiped it up clean..
Certainly recommend you to dine here as it brings in loads of energy in the environment as the name rightly suggests too..
cheers!
Jolly

Room Tip: Well! i requestd for a quiter room, good thing is that I got a room facing the stadium and it was a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
It was certainly great to have you with us here and we appreciate your feedback. Be assured that I will share your comments with my team, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My family and I stayed at the JW Marriott for an event in downtown Indianapolis. The hotel is overpriced in my opinion. The rooms are around $250.00 a night, and they do not come with a refrigerator in the rooms or a continental breakfast. It's a very basic hotel room. You also have to pay an additional $30.00 a night for parking. There are lots of hotel staff on hand, too many in my opinion, that want to open the door for you, etc. for a tip. It gets to be a little annoying. The hotel used to offer government/military discounts all the time. Now these rooms appear to be limited and are very hard to get. The pool is very small, but the work out room is great. There are other comparable hotels in the area that offer more bang for your buck.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for your post and I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. We are a convention hotel and have been very busy recently and have not been able to offer government rates often.
Regarding refrigerators, currently the JW brand does not have units in their rooms; however, we do have some refrigerators on hand and would be happy to bring one to your room upon request.
I understand your comments about parking and wanted you to know that we are competitive with all the full-service properties downtown.
I am also sorry you felt the staff is only looking for tips because this is not our intent. Our team goes through extensive service training and is executing the JW brand standards of service.
Again, we appreciate your business and hopefully one day you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I travel fairly extensively, this hotel was by far the nicest hotel in the U.S I have ever stayed in. He was attending at conference at the hotel and we happen to live locally but his company still booked rooms for us. Customer service was the best I have ever had at any hotel. The amenities were great. Everyone is accomodating to the point of almost being too much!

Room Tip: High floors are incredible
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit here at the JW Marriott. We hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Hosted a business conference with companies from around the country. The Hotel was the highlight of the conference. Very user friendly with lots of breakout space and amenities. Great food, convenient to everything downtown, and a wonderful staff. We will be back next year

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I'm so glad to see your conference was a success and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back next year...if not before. Phil Ray, General Manager
Indianapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I am here now and I am terribly disappointed. It is 2:26 in the morning and I can't sleep because of a nauseating smell in our room. I called the front desk and they informed me that it was because of the gas company next door. His recommendation is to turn the air conditioning colder but it is already at 66 degrees... He did not hesitate even slightly when I called so this clearly is not an uncommon occurrence.

This may be something that is out of control of the hotel, but certainly every guest should be aware that this exists. For supposedly being the premiere hotel in Indy i would think they would be doing something to fix this.

At any rate I would highly recommend against staying here. I live not far from here the whole reason I booked the room was to get some extra rest before a long day tomorrow. Turns out that was a major mistake.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your recent post and please accept my sincere apologies for the odor that was in your room. This is not a common occurrence for us. I will follow up with my Director of Engineering to see how we can partner with the city to rectify the issue. I do hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. Phil Ray, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Fantastic food. Outstanding customer service, great property. A no-brainer for hosting a business conference. Great values for the money, service staff checked in with us regularly over the course of the conference. Our requests were addressed immediately.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
It was our pleasure to host your conference, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
Reynoldsburg, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We were there for a cheer competition in January. I do feel sympathetic for those that were there for non-cheer business as cheer people from all over the country kind of took over. But since we were part of it, all was good! Very nice hotel that gives that ooo-la-la feeling when you arrive. Huge lobby area and bar with very ample seating. Though that there was just one bartender working was not a smart staffing choice. But sooner or later, the drinks would come. Also, a nice restuarant to visit that had a lot of seating so the wait was reasonable. Food was really good and so was the service. My daughter visited the pool but we didn't (she's old enough to go alone). The hotel was very clean and well-tended. The elevators were all in working order and were quite timely. The Starbucks that you pass while taking the indoor route to the convention center always had an insane line. The mall was a convenient distraction was nothing more than your typical mall. It wasn't a "destination mall". . The hotel room was generously sized and clean and the beds very comfortable. We didn't venture out because the winter weather was hellacious! The hotel is expensive but at least it's very nice, very clean, well well maintained and very convenient! I'd stay there again if I needed to be in the downtown area. Lastly, be advised that there is a notable cost to park! That had a bit of a "YIKES" factor to it!

Room Tip: Ask if there is a special event going on involving young people. If there is, ask for a room away f...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for your post. I appreciate your feedback and was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry for the issue you had with parking and the surprise with the price. We try to stay competitive with all the full-service properties downtown to make sure it is a fair value. Again, we enjoyed having you with us and hope to welcome you back in the future. Phil Ray, General Manager

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!