“Marriott Rarely Disappoints” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
USA
“Marriott Rarely Disappoints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were in Indy for a concert and stayed at this hotel.

Check-in was excellent thanks to a young Philippine gentlemen (I think his name was JB).

My room was a bit of a disappointment. They had placed us in a handicap accessible room which I thankfully do not need, and did not request. The shower in this room was not to our liking. I just think they should ask you before they do this. We had made our reservation well in advance.

The hotel exec lounge is geared to the business traveler; very nice all the same.

Hotel restaurants were very good.

Not the most convenient hotel to Bankers Center, but the walk was good for both of us.

Valet was slow; but they tell you to request your car 30 minutes ahead. That is good advice.

We had a very nice stay and as the title says; Marriott rarely disappoints. And it did not disappoint us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, and I will share this information with my team. I was sorry you were given an accessible room without being notified. Hopefully you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. We enjoyed having you with us and hope to welcome you back in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

From check in to check out we couldn't fault the staff for their wonderful welcome, response to our needs and friendliness. For such excellent staff service we were, however, surprised that in the evening on return to our room, there had been no room service (tidying up the bed or checking the bathroom). For such a wonderful, hospitable hotel, that was somewhat of a surprise. But, for sure, if the opportunity arises, we will plan to stay again at the JW Marriott - the location downtown is fantastic and the view from the room is quite impressive.

Restaurant was excellent!

Room Tip: we stayed on the 14th floor - fantastic view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, and I will share this with my team. We enjoyed having you with us and hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I'm very impressed with this hotel from the desk clerks, housekeeping and wait staff, all speak to you as you pass them and they all acknowledge you. Other places need to learn frombthis motel. Will stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone. Also great restaurants too.

We certainly enjoyed having you with us, and thank you for your kind comments. We'll look forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great service. A working GM--saw him twice. Helping people both times. Nice rooms&great views--will return--only problem was the delay in getting car @ checkout
Also has several good restaurants & great meeting rooms...check in is a breeze

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, and I will share your comments with our valet team. We'll take steps to correct our shortcomings. Again, it was a pleasure to have you with us here at the JW Marriott, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

. I reserved an executive room on Friday, November 1st with check out on the 2nd. My wife and I like to have little getaways and Friday happened to be a good night for one. Both of us have been intrigued of the JW Marriott even since it was being built. I figured that this was a great time to try it out. I did encounter some initial apprehension when reserving the room as my previous stays within the Marriott brand has been a mix bag and to be honest I felt more comfortable staying at the Hilton brand hotels. Upon arriving at the JW Marriott, my apprehension was put at ease. Your staff were so immediately approachable and friendly and I was blown away by the assistance we received. Once we headed to the check-in desk, we were greeted by a delightful young woman named Cortney. She was so sweet and pleasant while checking us in and made us feel like respected guests. She wanted to get to know more about us and why we were staying there for the night. We joked with her that we were on our “mini-moon” because my wife insists that every trip we go on is a mini-moon until we actually go a honeymoon (we’ve been married 16 months now). As we finalized checking-in, I was amazed that Cortney walked us around the first floor to show us the property. This have never happened at any other hotel I have stayed. With my job, I truly understand the importance of recruiting and selling the facilities to a prospective person. By her taking the time to give a walk-through, it showed supreme confidence and pride in the hotel as well as personalizing the hotel to its guests. SIMPLY AMAZING!!!

Once we got into room, we were pleased with the pristine condition of the room. We have never experienced a 3-head shower before (I was instantly hooked). We ventured off to grab a bite to eat and once we came back, we noticed a little something special. It was chocolate piano with fruit. It also included a beautiful card with a truly heartfelt message from Cortney!!! My wife immediately begin to tear up by this sweet gesture. This was truly unexpected and much appreciated. At any other hotels and at the hotels we stayed at during our wedding, we had to initiate communication regarding any special treats (usually for an extra cost). My wife even thought I had something to do with his until she finally believed me.

With our room, we also had access to the executive lounge. By far the best lounge either of us have visited. We always try to get lounge access at the hotel we are staying, because we love to be pampered that little bit extra. The breakfast and dessert options were plentiful and very tasty. I was even impressed with the amount of drinks choice available. Most only offered a few choices, but I could have an espresso, fratte, diet mountain dew, milk, etc… Just overall great quality!!!

Room Tip: high floor overlooking the white river and canal would be my recommendation
Green Features: recycling bins throughout the hotel, promotes saving water and energy
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your post and I'm very happy to see you enjoyed your visit. I also appreciate your kind comments about Courtney. She is an asset to our team, and I will share your kudos with her. We certainly enjoyed having you with us here at the JW Marriott and hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the JW. The tall, blue stately building is a gorgeous addition to the already beautiful downtown Indianapolis. The beauty extends to the interior of the building as well. Modern, attractive lobby area with fireplace and several comfy furniture groupings and high work table areas.

The rooms are good sized. We had 2 queen beds on the 20th floor. Amazing panoramic view from the room's floor to ceiling windows. We could see Victory field, White River State Park, The Zoo, IUPUI, and the Museums campus. Didn't hurt that the trees were in their full fall colors!

Our room felt very clean. Bed linens were all washable and crisp with white sheet style duvets. Very comfortable beds. Pretty bathroom with nice toiletries. Great lighting and I appreciated the lighted makeup mirror.

We dined in the lobby restaurant "Osteria Pronto" and very much enjoyed our meals and overall experience. We also had the opportunity to use the hotel's wonderful fitness facility. This is the nicest workout room we have used in a hotel. Very large gym with "Life Fitness" cardio and weight machines. Open floor areas with mats/balls, etc... Adjoining pool/spa area were modern and attractive.

The hotel is connected to much of downtown via a "skyway"- above ground, indoor walkways. You can get all the way over to Circle Center Mall without ever going outside. Very nice for a cold Indy day!

Only two slight negatives with this hotel: The doors to the rooms close very loudly. You can hear other doors down the hallway. Normally we block out hallway noise by keeping the room fan set to High. Unfortunately the thermostats in these rooms do not allow you to manage the fan speed.

We would definitely stay here again. A very classy place.

Room Tip: A higher floor will afford you a great view no matter which side of the building you end up on.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments, and be assured that I will share this information with my team. I was sorry to read about the doors and the HVAC unit. I will speak to my Director of Engineering in this regard. We'll be looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The usual comfort, style and quality we've come to expect at the JWs. The rooms are large and well appointed with nice lighting both for ambiance and reading. Plenty of outlets for your devices and good coffe with bottled water to make it (at no additional charge). Fantastic bedding and nice slippers. The food in both the sports bar and main restaurant was excellent. I loved the way they served the calamari appetizer.

Stayed November 2013
It was our pleasure to have you with us, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit. I am also a fan of the calamari. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!