“Best hotel in Indy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 184 hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Best hotel in Indy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Beautiful place to stay. Service was incredible. The same staff member that met me at the door. Took me to the podium and registered, then escorted me to the elevator and offered to escort me to my room. This was the best check in service I have received in recent memory. The bar was exceptional. The room was spacious. The shower had three shower heads. It was like a spa each morning. The JW is connected by walkway to the convention center. The minor league baseball park was across the street and I could watch the games from my window. Very centrally located. Great stay

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

1,062 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The thing that I noticed right away was the small army of employees who's only job was to get you from your car to your room as quickly and effortlessly as possibly. Room was very nice and the view was great. Hotel is so close to everything.
Only there 1 night but would definitely stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your post. We are happy you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We recently had a company party at this property, with guest staying for 2 nights. Everything was perfect! All of our out of town guests loved the view from their rooms, staff is top notch, rooms were spotless, perfect location in relation to all of the area attractions. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I'm so happy you and your guests enjoyed the hotel and staff. It was our pleasure having you with us, and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager
New Palestine, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I took my wife to the JW Marriot for as a suprise for our anniversary. We were greated and on our way to our room within minutes. We arrived in our room to find a beautiful view with an outstanding room. Everything was top notch. We left and went to dinner and when we returned there was a personal card and a dark chochlate piano with berries that our check inn concierge had left, my wife and I both were very impressed. We plan to go back soon and make it a yearly thing for just a quick getaway. Thanks to all of the staff who make the JW such a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Anything up top gives you great views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are honored that you shared your anniversary with us, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay. From all of us, best wishes for many happy years together. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Rota, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'm in the US Navy and started a relationship right before going to Afghanistan in 2012. Our distance relationship worked out and the first place we stayed, upon my return from the Helmand Province, was the JW Marriott in Indianapolis. Since we're both from North Central Indiana, I couldn't think of a better welcome home for both of us. Still on Active duty, she and I maintained our relationship through distance over nine months. When I decided it was time to pop the question, I knew that the JW Marriott had to be involved somehow. I contacted the General Manager, Mr. Blalock and explained my situation and he was eager to help. He put me in touch with his Marketing Manager, Julie Howell and we went through ideas for the proposal. When the day arrived, Julie and I had already planned a ruse to keep the future Mrs. from suspecting I was up to anything. Thanks to plans that night, I already had my uniform on and she was dressed up. Julie had coached the staff to be on the lookout, so when we walked in, David, at the front desk, called us by name and gave us the VIP treatment. After we checked in, Julie approached us and perfectly told the story we made up in order to lure my future fiance outside to take a look around the city. Julie had enough foresight to ask for our camera phones so we could get pictures dressed up with the cityscape in the background. As we walked along together enjoying the beautiful day, I paused to look around. I then pulled the box out of my pocket and took a knee. The look on her face was sheer joy and she said yes. One thing I was never taught was that I was supposed to actually put the ring on her finger, I thought after asking the question I was done until I got to say "I do." I put the ring on her finger and we came back into the hotel being greeted by smiles and congratulatory remarks from the staff. The lobby of the hotel looks majestic on it's own; but being cheered by the sharp dressed employees, while already on an emotional high, walking in there was beyond explanation. We had a room with an AMAZING corner view and felt like royalty.

I will remember this hotel the rest of my life. It was a wonderful experience when I stayed there the first time, not knowing anyone. It was a mountain top experience when the staff helped me pull off a beautiful marriage proposal. Any romantic at heart would love the JW Marriott for a special occasion!...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pete: It was our pleasure to be part of your special day. Thank you for serving our country, and I'm glad we were able to make this a memorable experience for you. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Solid Hotel, great service, close to everything in the heart of downtown and Lovely view from the high floors.

Low floors aren't the best and late check-in sometimes fills up all the high floor rooms.

My first choice for staying in Indianapolis downtown.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, and I will share this with my team. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was my second time staying at the JW Marriott; once again, attending a conference being held at the hotel.

I have to say it really is quite difficult to fault this place. What struck me most was the fantastic and friendly customer service: everyone I dealt with, from check-in to bar staff, were absolutely first class (the lady on room service even sent my friend a fruit basket to her room for being "so delightful" when ordering her dinner!!!)

The rooms are a good size, with super comfortable beds, and they have everything you need for a pleasant stay. Special mention should also go to the food, at the hotel restaurant and room service, which was of a really high quality (some of the best Eggs Benedict I've ever had!)

The only thing that jars, in a hotel of this size and quality, is having to pay for Wi-Fi every day! This is quite frustrating if you're staying for business (which I'd imagine a lot of guests are). Just feels a bit anachronistic in 2013!

Overall though, a big thumbs-up for the JW Marriott!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your post, and I will share this information with my team. I do understand your comments about the wifi and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do have a fee at their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants. Be assured that once this policy is changed, we will change it here at the property level. Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!