“Memory of a Lifetime, Engaged at the JW Marriott” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #6 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rota, Spain
“Memory of a Lifetime, Engaged at the JW Marriott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'm in the US Navy and started a relationship right before going to Afghanistan in 2012. Our distance relationship worked out and the first place we stayed, upon my return from the Helmand Province, was the JW Marriott in Indianapolis. Since we're both from North Central Indiana, I couldn't think of a better welcome home for both of us. Still on Active duty, she and I maintained our relationship through distance over nine months. When I decided it was time to pop the question, I knew that the JW Marriott had to be involved somehow. I contacted the General Manager, Mr. Blalock and explained my situation and he was eager to help. He put me in touch with his Marketing Manager, Julie Howell and we went through ideas for the proposal. When the day arrived, Julie and I had already planned a ruse to keep the future Mrs. from suspecting I was up to anything. Thanks to plans that night, I already had my uniform on and she was dressed up. Julie had coached the staff to be on the lookout, so when we walked in, David, at the front desk, called us by name and gave us the VIP treatment. After we checked in, Julie approached us and perfectly told the story we made up in order to lure my future fiance outside to take a look around the city. Julie had enough foresight to ask for our camera phones so we could get pictures dressed up with the cityscape in the background. As we walked along together enjoying the beautiful day, I paused to look around. I then pulled the box out of my pocket and took a knee. The look on her face was sheer joy and she said yes. One thing I was never taught was that I was supposed to actually put the ring on her finger, I thought after asking the question I was done until I got to say "I do." I put the ring on her finger and we came back into the hotel being greeted by smiles and congratulatory remarks from the staff. The lobby of the hotel looks majestic on it's own; but being cheered by the sharp dressed employees, while already on an emotional high, walking in there was beyond explanation. We had a room with an AMAZING corner view and felt like royalty.

I will remember this hotel the rest of my life. It was a wonderful experience when I stayed there the first time, not knowing anyone. It was a mountain top experience when the staff helped me pull off a beautiful marriage proposal. Any romantic at heart would love the JW Marriott for a special occasion!...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Pete: It was our pleasure to be part of your special day. Thank you for serving our country, and I'm glad we were able to make this a memorable experience for you. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Solid Hotel, great service, close to everything in the heart of downtown and Lovely view from the high floors.

Low floors aren't the best and late check-in sometimes fills up all the high floor rooms.

My first choice for staying in Indianapolis downtown.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, and I will share this with my team. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was my second time staying at the JW Marriott; once again, attending a conference being held at the hotel.

I have to say it really is quite difficult to fault this place. What struck me most was the fantastic and friendly customer service: everyone I dealt with, from check-in to bar staff, were absolutely first class (the lady on room service even sent my friend a fruit basket to her room for being "so delightful" when ordering her dinner!!!)

The rooms are a good size, with super comfortable beds, and they have everything you need for a pleasant stay. Special mention should also go to the food, at the hotel restaurant and room service, which was of a really high quality (some of the best Eggs Benedict I've ever had!)

The only thing that jars, in a hotel of this size and quality, is having to pay for Wi-Fi every day! This is quite frustrating if you're staying for business (which I'd imagine a lot of guests are). Just feels a bit anachronistic in 2013!

Overall though, a big thumbs-up for the JW Marriott!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your post, and I will share this information with my team. I do understand your comments about the wifi and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do have a fee at their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants. Be assured that once this policy is changed, we will change it here at the property level. Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

If you are interested in staying near the White River State Park and the Indianapolis Convention Center, the dramatic and sophisticated JW Marriott is the place to stay. Its next door to Victory Field, a minor league baseball field and entertainment venue. The center of downtown Indianapolis is just a few blocks away.

We opted for a city view and it did not disappoint. The room furnishings are contemporary and clean with lovely spa quality bedding. The lobby is open with a contemporary fireplace and a number of restaurant options and a fun sports bar. The staff is courteous and professional.

We opted for a room with the Executive Lounge option and I would highly recommend it. Light breakfast, daily snacks, hot appetizers, and enjoyable bit-sized desserts are included. There are plenty of non-alcoholic beverages including milk, coffee, tea and a variety of juices all day. Alcoholic beverages are available for a fee. It was open until 10 pm when we stayed there. The seating is a bit limited but tables, bar seating overlooking the city and couch groupings make this a relaxing spot throughout the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view if nighttime city lights are a favorite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad to see we took such great care of you. The next time you are in the area, we hope to welcome you back to the JW Marriott. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Valparaiso, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I love staying at the JW! Their customer service is consistently amazing. This last time i had one of the corner rooms-the view was spectacular! Its convenient to everything downtown. Its the place to stay in Indy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
It's always a pleasure to welcome you back. Thank you for your feedback. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Every inch of this hotel and staff are exceptional. One of the best that i have found. All staff was very well informed and so pleased to see you.The Restaurant staff and both bar staff's were so nice and knowledgeable. Rooms were immaculate and very well maintained each day

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
It was our pleasure to have you with us, and I appreciate your feedback. Be assured that I have shared your comments with our team, and we will look forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Suffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had a great cheese steak sandwich. I can attest it was good as I am originally from Philadelphia.
The service was prompt and courteous. My server Amanda had a pleasant smile and was available. Great atmosphere , great food and wonderful service !!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you letting us know about your meal and the service you received from Amanda. I will share your comments with the team. We will be looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!