“Top notch service -- great accomodations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #6 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northville, United States
“Top notch service -- great accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The front office staff were on their top game during cehck-in and anytime I approached the desk. The food in the Executive lounge was fabulous. The food in both restauarants was really good. Attentiveness from the GM all the way down to staff in the lobby was first rate

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Wow...thank you for your great comments, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Brecksville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Here for business and the property has afforded a great experience. The gym is awesome- I visited on both mornings before starting my day. From the cardio equipment, the view is nice. The facility is clearly well situated and provides a full experience to include high end cardio and strength training equipment. The breakfast menu at the main restaurant offered an excellent spread with homemade breads and pastry plus an omelet station. And typically- I am not a buffet kind of girl.
The room was pristine and very comfortable. The bed was so comfy- I wanted to stuff it in my luggage! The shower offered three spickets with dial changes- again....awesome. And after returning to my turn down each night- chocolate and chilled water were at the bed side. This is my second stay at this particular property- it was awesome then and did not disappoint this time around either.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your return visit, and for your feedback. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay, and we will be looking forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Lobby staff always present and attentive. I was here for a convention and from the minute I pulled in the drive I felt service was good. I self parked in the hotel underground parking. Which was easy and convenient. My only complaint was not realizing I needed my key to exit.

Lobby staff attend to you the minute you walk in. Finding someone available to check you in, provide directions, walk you to the elevators and show you how you use your room key to activate elevator.

One day I went out for a run and upon return the valet brought me a cold bottle of water. This is only the second hotel I have been to that has done that. Nice touch.

My room was clean. Catered meals for conference were good. Location near canal and just a few blocks from the mall. I enjoyed staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, and I will speak to my front desk team about explaining how to get in and out of the garage. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our one year anniversary. We had dinner at Osteria Pronto, which was delicious! We especially loved the fresh mozzarella. The hotel is near the canal area of downtown and we enjoyed walking on the canal after dinner. The room was modern, clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Overall, great experience here!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Congratulations on your anniversary, and thank you for sharing it with us. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
New Castle, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a little weekend getaway and loved it. The hotel is connected to most downtown areas via enclosed walkways. If you prefer to stay in, they have great lounge areas and the restaurant served an amazing breakfast. Our room was perfect with amazing views of the city. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your post, and we'll be looking forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Saint Joseph, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice hotel, excellent staff, very attentive to questions or needs. Clean and well kept. Sports bar food was excellent, the tenderloin was huge and while I thought it looked like too much to eat, because of how wonderful it was, I ate every bite! But I did only eat half the bun. :-) however, the upscale Italian eatery was very disappointing. Mediocre is high praise for the dinner we had. Wish I had eaten in the bar!

Room Tip: Nothing of interest from the view of the room. Mine was a few rooms away from the elevator but I hea...
Green Features: Ability to choose to reuse or launder towels daily helps save the environment.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the JW Marriott, and thank you for your feedback. I was sorry we did not meet your expectations for dinner. If you could give me a call to discuss your experience, I would be grateful. You can reach me at 317-860-4911. Again, we appreciate your patronage, and hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have not been compelled to write a review for some time, even though we have traveled many times over the past several years. However, our recent stay at the JW Marriott in Indianapolis changed that. My wife and I stayed for two nights over Labor Day and had a wonderful experience. We both commented that the fit and finish of the hotel, from the lobby to the restaurant areas to the overall room, easily rivaled our stay last year at the Four Seasons in St. Louis. Front desk staff at check-in could not have been more accommodating or more efficient. I commented, almost as an afterthought when asked the reason for our visit, that part of the reason was for our five year anniversary. No expectations, just an answer to a question. That night, when we were out to dinner, the staff placed a very nice personally addressed card and wonderful chocolate piano/berry creation in our room as a small token of celebration for our anniversary. Needless to say, things only improved from here.

The room, as I said, was very nice, with high quality finishes throughout. The shower even had two body sprays, although neither of us used them, as the water pressure was reduced too much when activated. Bed was comfy and clean, and the view of the city from the 26th floor was fantastic. Fast elevators. Housekeeping was in and out in the morning when we went for breakfast in a flash. Perfect location right in the heart of downtown.

Our 2nd night we came back later in the evening and decided to have some dessert in the lobby area, adjacent to their Italian restaurant. Service was perfect, food was yummy. Our last morning we ate in the hotel restaurant for breakfast. Great meal, great service. This was a nice change from our breakfast out the previous morning at a local restaurant, Cafe Patachou (with excellent Yelp reviews....but this was NOT our experience....but that is another story).

All in all, the hotel and staff were amazing from the moment we arrived. They all deserve to know that their efforts do not go unnoticed. If we had one criticism, and it is small, it would be that the indoor pool was, to be kind, teeny tiny, and almost looked like an over-sized hot tub. It was the one and only thing we encountered that just did not fit. Aside from this one small item, the JW Marriott in Indianapolis was, and is, spectacular!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great feedback, and I'm glad to see you and your wife enjoyed your visit. Be assured that I will share this information with my team. I also appreciate your comments about the pool. Since we were built as a convention hotel, the pool was not the focus compared to some other JW resorts. Again, from all of us here at the JW, we were honored you shared your anniversary with us, and wish you many more happy years together. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!