“Wonderful Experience!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“Wonderful Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have not been compelled to write a review for some time, even though we have traveled many times over the past several years. However, our recent stay at the JW Marriott in Indianapolis changed that. My wife and I stayed for two nights over Labor Day and had a wonderful experience. We both commented that the fit and finish of the hotel, from the lobby to the restaurant areas to the overall room, easily rivaled our stay last year at the Four Seasons in St. Louis. Front desk staff at check-in could not have been more accommodating or more efficient. I commented, almost as an afterthought when asked the reason for our visit, that part of the reason was for our five year anniversary. No expectations, just an answer to a question. That night, when we were out to dinner, the staff placed a very nice personally addressed card and wonderful chocolate piano/berry creation in our room as a small token of celebration for our anniversary. Needless to say, things only improved from here.

The room, as I said, was very nice, with high quality finishes throughout. The shower even had two body sprays, although neither of us used them, as the water pressure was reduced too much when activated. Bed was comfy and clean, and the view of the city from the 26th floor was fantastic. Fast elevators. Housekeeping was in and out in the morning when we went for breakfast in a flash. Perfect location right in the heart of downtown.

Our 2nd night we came back later in the evening and decided to have some dessert in the lobby area, adjacent to their Italian restaurant. Service was perfect, food was yummy. Our last morning we ate in the hotel restaurant for breakfast. Great meal, great service. This was a nice change from our breakfast out the previous morning at a local restaurant, Cafe Patachou (with excellent Yelp reviews....but this was NOT our experience....but that is another story).

All in all, the hotel and staff were amazing from the moment we arrived. They all deserve to know that their efforts do not go unnoticed. If we had one criticism, and it is small, it would be that the indoor pool was, to be kind, teeny tiny, and almost looked like an over-sized hot tub. It was the one and only thing we encountered that just did not fit. Aside from this one small item, the JW Marriott in Indianapolis was, and is, spectacular!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback, and I'm glad to see you and your wife enjoyed your visit. Be assured that I will share this information with my team. I also appreciate your comments about the pool. Since we were built as a convention hotel, the pool was not the focus compared to some other JW resorts. Again, from all of us here at the JW, we were honored you shared your anniversary with us, and wish you many more happy years together. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here for some days during a business trip in May 2013, but only now I decided to write a short review.
It is a new, elegant and modern hotel. The location is central, in walking distance to some major city attractions.
Everything was very good or excellent: service, room, functionality, natural light, breakfast at executive lounge, cleanliness, sleep quality.
But what really impressed me were the fabulous day and night city views from the room.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your post, and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit in May. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was our first visit to the JW Marriott in Indianapolis, which we booked when making plans to visit the Star Wars exhibit at Indiana State Museum. This hotel is lovely, and our room was very nice and clean. What made our stay outstanding, however, was the service we received from the hotel staff. David assisted my husband over the telephone with breakfast arrangements, and we received hand-written letter of confirmation upon our arrival. Courtney was very friendly at check-in and made us feel special by walking us to the elevator while chatting with us about our trip. Laura in the executive lounge was very attentive to our needs and the needs of other guests, going out of her way to make everyone feel at home. I wish we had made note of the name of the waitress who served us at breakfast, since she was wonderful as well. Overall, we had a great visit and definitely will return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
It was a pleasure having you with us, and I want to thank you for your kind comments about David, Courtney and Laura. They are assets to our team, and I will share your kudos with them. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Centrally located to all major spots downtown, the JW Marriott is a very nice, modern hotel that has it all. I am normally a Hilton guy, so when a wedding brought me to the JW, I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were modern and clean, staff was very nice and facilities were top notch. Only dissapointment was how crowded the executive lounge was for breakfast. Standing room only and out of a lot of items/coffee, but I can't complain-- its free food!

Highly Reccomend!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your great feedback. I appreciate your comments and will share them with my team. If you return to Indianapolis, I do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the JW Marriott. Scott Blalock, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here when we decided to have a date night in Indianapolis. We love the hotel but the one thing we wish would happen is that they have a blanket in the room. Using just the sheet is cold and using the sheet with the comforter is too hot. This will not keep us from staying again when being in Indy but I will bring my own blanket.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your post. We do have blankets through housekeeping. Please call At Your Service and they will be happy to bring one to your room. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Howell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is my second trip to this hotel, and always a great experience. This time I was given access to the executive lounge, which was fantastic. The staff here simply gets it, and go out of their way to accomodate you. As someone who travels regularly, it is priceless to have a trip where you know you will not have to worry about a single element of your stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We certainly enjoyed welcoming you back to our facility, and I will share your kudos with the team. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Monte Nido, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Like many in this chain this JW Marriott hit all the right marks: nice Italian restaurant downstairs, RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the minor league baseball park, close proximity the great running trails, the river, and the park. Staff was friendly and helpful, they insisted on sending up a Starbucks gift card when I merely pointed out that my breakfast order was slightly off.

Maybe my only real feedback is that I would have liked to been able to turn the thermostat completely off, can't imagine why anyone would want to prevent me from doing that.

Overall however, very very nice stay.

Room Tip: get a view of the park more than a view of downtown