“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #6 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The JW Marriott in downtown Indianapolis fills me with proud to live in Indy. The building has become a new beautiful icon on our skyline. It's located in my favorite part of downtown near the museums, IMAX, park, and ball field.
The give a generous discount for military. The valet is pricey so I suggest parking for $5 a day across the street at the state government garage, they only accept cash. There's a sky walk from the garage to the JW so it's almost as convenient as valet.
Inside is beautiful with two bars and a restaurant right there on the lobby level. Check in was a breeze and the customer service shines with their policy of escorting every customer to the elevator. The views are breathtaking. We asked for a high room on the city side they accommodated with no hesitation.
Our room did have a clogged toilet which was quickly remedied. Get this, we received a hand written card under the door apologizing for the toilet and asking us to accept a free breakfast as compensation. Wow! Noticed the lamp shades needed to be dusted, reason for non perfect grade.
During the day walk west and stroll the canal and during the night walk east at hit the night life on Meridian. Come enjoy Indy with a classy home base at the JW.

• Stayed July 2013
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We appreciate your great feedback. I was sorry you experienced some mechanical difficulties, but was glad to see that the team responded quickly. We'll look forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Not only was this one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at, but the service was over the top. From the bell hops to valet I felt like I was the only guest there. I ran into the general manager a couple of times and he went out of his way to make sure I was enjoying my stay. Clean, friendly, and delicious restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I was glad to see you enjoyed your visit and that our team did their part in making you feel comfortable and welcomed. We hope you return soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The entire staff clearly has customer service running through it's veins. Specific call outs to Chris the best Martini maker in the world in the concenieger louge, Kelly at the front desk. This hotel is a city inside a hotel, anything you need 24/7 should be their motto. We love and recommend that JW Indy.

Room Tip: City view if you want or West view to see the zoo and canal.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments about the hotel, Chris and Kelly. I will be sure to share your kudos with them. It was great having you as our guest, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Second time staying here and the service was absolutely great once again! The room was beautiful and well appointed with all the amenities you could ask for. The location was excellent with lots for food choices and sight seeing within walking distance. If you are coming to Indy for business or pleasure make sure you spoil yourself with a stay at the JW Marriott!

• Stayed July 2013
It was great to welcome you back, and thank you for your post. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Olifantsfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Wow what a good expirience; I stayed at the JW for 2 weeks and hey they have professional, caring, friendly staff. I was on the 20th floor and yet it felt like I am 5 floors from the lobby since they have efficient elevetors. The hotel is vibrant with resturant and bar that opens till late. Gym Facility is also good used the GYM scale to weigh my luggage day before my depature to ensure my luggage is the correct weight.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We certainly enjoyed having you with us, and thank you for your kind comments. We'll be looking forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I LOVE the JW in Indy! I have stayed here before but this time my trip was even more exceptional thanks to David who assisted me upon checking in on 6/24. He was extremely courteous and friendly...he went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable and felt welcome. During the second day of my stay, I saw him again & he made sure to say hello & call me by name. This is an absolutely gorgeous hotel with wonderful amenities and I am grateful for all of the luxury afforded by the JW brand but I am especially grateful for such outstanding service - a big thank you to David! I look forward to my next stay in August!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
It was our pleasure to welcome you back, and I want to thank you for your kind comments about David. I will share your kudos with him. We will be looking forward to your return in August. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at the JW two nights for work and the pros were REALLY good and the Cons were more or less annoyances. Pro #1.. The rooms were very nice and the beds decently comfortable. I like a lot of pillow and they had four on each bed. The rooms were also spotless.
Pro #2..the customer service was fantastic. They even walk you to the elevator and explain how things run. In order to get to the rooms, you must slide your room key in the elevator. Slightly annoying but I really appreciate the added security. My roommate wanted to spend an additional night in the room. Online, the room cost was a ridiculous $371 a night. We went down to the lobby and spoke to Keith. Keith worked some magic and arranged for my roommate to keep our same room for an additional night at a MUCH better rate. She didn't have to do a thing. This was appreciated. #3 The location. Not far from Circle Center and is located downtown. This also allows for GREAT room views. It is also on the canal which is a LOVELY place to walk / run.

Cons: #1 Our room was located near the elevator. People were extremely loud getting off the elevator at night....this is not the hotels fault, but I could hear everything and was unable to sleep the first night. This is unacceptable in a high end facility such as this one. I needed to be focused and ready for the next day / work. I was exhausted and feel my work suffered. Night two, I was too tired to stay awake with the noise. #2 No exhaust fan in the bathrooms. Makes for awkwardness when rooming with a colleague and sharing a bathroom. Makes it difficult to get ready in the bathroom when its humid and the mirror is fogged. #3 Internet in the room is $14.95 for basic speed PER DAY. Most places I have stayed have free wifi. This was a MAJOR inconvenience. #4 This is more about the conference area on the 3rd floor. We were in ballroom 10. THE closest bathroom was down a long hallway, and DOWN A LEVEL. So if the urge hit, you could plan on missing 15 minutes of the session and plan on a hike...(I needed the exercise but missed precious material).

All in all, these pros and cons more or less outweighed each other and I selected "average." I would honestly stay in another hotel (such as the signature inn on Keystone or even the Drury) if I travel that way in the future.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near elevators.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate your comments and will share them with my team. I was glad to see that the team was helpful. I understand your comments about the Internet and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently Marriott does have a fee at their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants.
I was also sorry to read about the noise level you experienced and will speak to my team in this regard. We would always be happy to move you to another location.
Again, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and hopefully one day you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!