“Overnight family getaway was awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #6 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbus, Ohio
“Overnight family getaway was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I took my daughter and two grandchildren on a weeknight overnight to Indianapolis and we loved everything about it! This is my first year traveling as a Marriott Gold Card Member and we were upgraded to the 33rd floor, riverview, and took the girls to the concierge room for a chocolate treat before bed. More than 40 people passed through or sat a while during the time we were there, bur the staff kept a variety of taste treats available. The next morning, the hot and cold breakfast was also very good even though traffic was steady. Staff, room, pool, everything great for a city location close to museums and the Children's Museum. They knew how to get to big attractions and city-specific ones like Long's Doughnuts. We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: If you don't have a Gold card, at least ask for a river view if there's not an additional ch...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It was great having you with us, and we'll be looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I with our 10 year old son stayed here for a swim meet that took place at the nearby natatorium. The hotel is big! But lovely lobby and rooms. The staff was wonderful. There was always someone asking if we needed help. Concierge directed us to some good restaurants within walking distance. The location is perfect attached to the convention center and walking distance to downtown restaurants and shopping. Only issue we had was driving back to hotel Saturday evening there was a huge traffic jam In front of the hotel as there was a popular event at the convention center. The entire valet/entrance ramp of the hotel was full. It took us 30 minutes to get our car parked. Walk and don't drive once you arrive.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for letting us know of your visit. We certainly enjoyed having you with us, and I hope your son enjoyed the swim meet. I was sorry to read of the traffic problems you encountered and wanted you to know that this is not typical of our property. We'll do our best to see that this doesn't happen in the future. Hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Latham, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

As a newer hotel, it has all the amenities and modern furnishings. The check-in and check-out process was pleasant, no lines either. The gentelmen that helped me with my baggage were some of the nicest and friendliest hotel staff I've met in a long time. And the in-room coffee was some of the best hotel room coffee I've ever had.

On the down side, I was disappointed that you could hear the noise from other people's rooms (doors opening and closing, voices in the hall, coughing from the person in the bathroom in the room next to me).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent post. We certainly enjoyed having you with us here at the JW Marriott. I was sorry to read that you did experience noise issues in your room, and I will speak to my Director of Engineering in this regard. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Carmel, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Beautiful hotel with great service ...no doubt ...read the other reviews but beware of the following. Outrageous price to valet car $36 dollars a day, self park $30. They charge to bring anything to the room. They charge for Internet in the rooms all services that should be included in their high rate. No shuttle to airport 6am and taxi runs $40 one way !!!This is a money making machine and is always near full so it can. Lobby and bars busy every night. Not a great value ..more for a splurge or corporate expense.. Also want to mention the ridiculously high volume of the music playing in the lobby and restaurant at 6 am ....so much style but no tact...think about the guest JW.

Room Tip: Ask for room close to elevator - less walking
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent post. I appreciate your comments about the parking and although our prices are comparable to other downtown hotels, I realize it is an added expense. I also appreciate your comments about the Internet. We are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do require a fee so we give our guests the option of complimentary Internet in the lobby and restaurants. I would also like to apologize for the music volume being so loud during your visit. This is not typical, and I will follow up with my team in this regard. Again, I appreciate your business and hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Terre Haute, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I am writing this review from the lobby of the JW Marriott in Indy. The service and staff have been exceptional. The facility itself is slightly deceiving. Express elevators are a fantastic idea for getting to the upper level floors fast. However, if your room is only two doors away from the elevator good luck getting a good nights sleep. All day and night I can hear the "zip" of that elevator and nothing has made me miss my own bed more.

The restaurants are nothing to write home about. I did not visit the Friday's in the rear of the complex. I took the sky walk to the mall food court for variety. If you're thinking of doing the same prepare yourself for a hike.

The elevator noise alone would have made me rate this hotel a 4. Paying daily for internet made it a 3.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I was sorry to read of the problems you experienced due to the elevators. Be assured that I will speak to my engineering team in this regard. I also appreciate your comments about the Internet and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do require a fee at their full service properties. We try to give our guests an option by offering complimentary wireless in the restaurants and lobby. Again, we appreciate your business and hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

......Surprised because it is a Chicago /Miami /"insert big city name here" quality hotel in Indianapolis! I am not bashing Indy, its my birthplace, but I found the JW Marriott here to exceed my expectations.
The lobby is refreshingly large with comfortable seating areas separated from the check in desk area. We had a room on the 27th floor with a great view of the Indiana State Museum and White(?) River State Park. Comfortable beds, clean modern bathroom and a large tv made our spacious room very inviting. The concierge lounge on the 31st floor with nice views of the city, isnt large so it was jam packed on Friday morning for breakfast. Nice service and good food.
We used self park in the garage under the hotel which connects to another Marriot run hotel and a TGIFridays restaurant. Unfortunately we were just passing through for the night but there is many attractions within walking distance of the hotel.
As far as the pool and work out facilities, unfortunately , we only had time to walk past, but they appeared clean and modern as well.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We certainly appreciated your visit and your review. Hopefully you will be able to return to Indy and enjoy the many attractions we have to offer. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We visited the JW Marriott for a weekend get-away. Our stay here was great. Nice clean room (the bathroom was amazing). The location of the hotel was great--right near downtown and within walking distances of stores and nice restaurants. Although there was a huge conference going on during our stay, it was no bother to us. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They were prompt responding to all of our request. If I every visit Indy again, I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this great feedback, and we would love to welcome you back should your return to the Indianapolis area. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!