Stated here for a night in December and we did not have the best experience in terms of customer service. It took us 20 minutes to get to the front door with our car due to an insane line of traffic. THEN we were told that valet over the weekend would take probably 30-40 minutes per time we wanted our car so we should just self park. Now, the self parking wasn't bad, but why does valet take so long (staff needed?) and why didn't they just tell me that before I waited for 20 minutes? Let's just say it put a bad taste in my mouth to start the weekend.
Once inside, the hotel is beautiful and new. About what you'd expect for a JW Marriott. The staff at the front desk was friendly though frantic with the rush of people.
Would I stay here again? Maybe - but I'd have to get a killer deal on the rate to try again. There are other nice properties in Indy now (The Alexander) that have new and upscale rooms for less cost.
(I am a Marriott Elite Club member, so I have stayed in quite a few JW's to use as a comparison when making this review)
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis
- Jw Marriott Indianapolis Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated design meets classic hospitality at the largest JW Marriott in the world—JW Indy. Boasting 1,005 contemporary guest rooms and 100,000 square feet of sprawling event space, JW Marriott Indianapolis is the crown jewel of the new Marriott Place Indianapolis hotel complex, a distinct destination for business and leisure travelers in the downtown area. Not only offering the largest ballroom in the Midwest, this Downtown Indianapolis hotel also provides creative event planning services for meetings, weddings and social events of various sizes. There is also direct access via skybridge to the Indiana Convention Center for event larger events and conventions. In addition to incredible meeting space and spacious guest rooms, JW Marriott Indianapolis provides exquisite dining options onsite at High Velocity, Osteria Pronto and Tavern on the Plaza. Nearby, over 200 shopping, dining and entertainment options beckon, including White River State Park, Lucas Oil Stadium and Conseco Fieldhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Indianapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.