“A wonderful stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“A wonderful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the JW Marriott for Gen Con and had a wonderful time.
As soon as we pulled up to the front door, everyone outside was friendly and helpful. We had to wait a bit to check-in (maybe 5 to 7 min), but that is because of the mass of people checking in for the convention. I thought it was very nice that they were offering cookies while we waited. We didn't have lunch, so it was nice treat. Once it was our turn, check-in was quick and easy. We stayed in room 2618. The room was spacious, clean and up to date. I loved our view of the park. Also to note, we never did hear out neighbors; so we always got a good nights rest. Never had a problem with cleaning service; always had clean towels even though I always hung ours up to re-use. Used the gym once during our stay and there again I thought it was very nice; had a lot of choices. It too was spacious and clean. Felt like a real gym. Never did try any of the restaurants (Though the items on the menus looked good), since we were close to a lot of other great place around town. I did visit Starbucks a few times and was happy with their service. Also used the FedEx Store. We bought several games and could not get them all in our luggage. The gal was helpful and made sure everything was packed up. We'll see if we get our package on Wed like she promised. =)
I know a few people complained about the cost of parking and/or having to pay for internet/WiFi, which I would agree with them, but I never used those services this time around.
If we decide to go to this convention again, JW will be our #1 choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for your post. It was great to have you as our guest during the GenCon convention. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some of the amenities during your visit. I appreciate your comment about the Internet. Currently we are following a Marriott requirement for their full-service properties. When this policy changes, we will change it here at the property level. Again, we enjoyed having you with us, and hope to welcome you back next year (if not before). Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
Parker, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for a few nights on business. We loved it. I don't have anything to compare it to as I've never been to Indianapolis before but if I go back, which I'm sure I will as I have clients there, I will stay again. I appreciate the complimentary internet, the excellent device ( Marriott sure knows how to hire- great service at almost every property), comfortable, quiet, clean rooms and close proximity to restaurants etc.

• Stayed July 2012
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
It was great to have you with us, and we'll be looking forward to welcoming you back! Scott Blalock, General Manager
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel is very nice, clean and staff is friendly. Our room overlooked the canal and park.
The hotel staff was very helpful in giving us recommendations on where to eat. Hotel restaurant was not prepared for the amount of traffic at the hotel. I was attending a training in the hotel and we attempted to eat at the restaurant. We had a time limit. The first day they did not have enough staff on hand so we had to wait to be seated. We barely were able to get our food and eat within the hour time frame we had been given. The second day we encountered a wait also so had to walk to the Subway. It was unfortunate they were not staffed to handle the customers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent visit and for your comments. I do want to apologize for the fact that we were not prepared in the restaurants for your group, and you can be assured that I will speak to my Director of Food & Beverage in this regard. We will take the necessary steps to correct our shortcomings. If you return to the area, I do hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our food and service. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Like the title says was there in August 2012 for a conference. Place is very clean from the lobby to the rooms. was placed in a corner room on the 14th floor with spectacular views. Check in was fast and there were plenty of reps for it. The room was spacious and very up to date. The cleaning staff did a great job cleaning the room and supplying the toiletries. The star bucks on the second floor was great and always had enough people working to make the long lines go by pretty fast. The conference space was great and overall was one of the best conferences I have been to. There are a lot of dinning options within a short walk from the hotel. If you are trying to get to and from the airport, the IndyGo Green line drops off and picks up right behind the hotel. I would stay there again if I was in Indianapolis. Did not eat at any of the onsite resturants, but the menu's looked good.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our stay at the JW Marriott was a splurge for me and my kids. JW's reputation for being a high-end luxury hotel did not live up to my expectations. We stayed two nights and I was very surprised that our room was not cleaned on day 2 (we had the "do not disturb" sign out for only part of the day while my teenagers slept in). My daughter had to call the front desk at midnight after we returned from our event to ask for clean towels. The room itself was nice and the beds were comfortable.

I left a pair of relatively expensive sunglasses on the desk in our room and called the hotel as soon as I got home and told them that I had forgotten them. The Loss Prevention staff was very attentive and looked into it but they were not found. I find this very disappointing as I know with certainty where I left them. My family has left items behind in hotels before and they have always been recovered and returned. The experience will make me think twice before booking this JW Marriott again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your visit, and please accept my apologies for the fact that your room was not cleaned on the second night. This is not typical of our team, and I will speak to my Housekeeping Managers in this regard. I also want to apologize for the fact that your sunglasses were not found. I will follow up with the team in this regard. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and it is my hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Denver CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel met my needs. Close to everything, so I got lots of walking in. Lots of things to see around the hotel. My room was on the park side and had large windows. Perfect to sit and enjoy. Only downfall is there is no fridge in the room, which would have been handy.

Room Tip: There were a few concerts going on while I was there. They were bands I enjoy so no biggie but if y...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. We appreciate your visit. We do have a limited number of refrigerators available upon request. Please let us know in advance, and we'll do our best to have one in your room. Scott Blalock, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Spent four nights here for a work conference. Great facilities for our group of over 1000. Location is close to major sports, concert, tourist, and downtown eateries. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Hotel is a conference/convention design...not a swany resort setting as some JWs. Rooms were average size, good work area and large flat screen TV. Not much of a sitting area, one chair tucked into a corner with bad TV angle. Couple of our lunches were provided which were quite good. Had to eat lunch in one of the bars one day and had a terrible time getting my salad. Staff were very apologetic. Property is newer so everything looks/feels new and clean, nice sheets and linens. Other than the one problem getting lunch, no complaints or concerns, would stay again without any reservations. Almost forgot, I had a room facing West Street and was kinda surprised by road noise on eighth floor, although it did not bother sleep.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room overlooking Victory Field.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit, as well as your feedback. These comments help us see what is working and areas for improvement. I will speak to my Director of Food and Beverage regarding the problem you had during lunch. Again, it was a pleasure having you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!