“As expected, top of the line” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #6 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Akron, Ohio
“As expected, top of the line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is a very deluxe hotel as most Marriotts are. Everything you might want is either in the hotel or in the immediate area. This includes comfortable accommodations, good restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and many local attractions. In addition, the area was very active, the room was clean, and the staff were very polite. Any negatives are things guests at a hotel like this already expect such as expensive internet and very expensive parking (although you can park across the street for about half the price).

Please note that I received a special rate when I stayed here so my my "Value" rating is through the roof.

Room Tip: All high rooms in the front of the building have a spectacular view. The view in the back isn't...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your recent post. I appreciate your many kind comments. In case you were not made aware, we do offer complimentary wireless in our lobby and restaurants. Again, it was a pleasure having you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Westford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Close to perfect!! Were here for a convention which was done incredibaly well and the food was fantastic. Staff was excellent, room was very good sized. Close to everything downtown. Very clean. Meeting facilites were wonderful too

Room Tip: We loved our city view room looking out on the baseball diamond.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. It was great having you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon! Scott Blalock, General Manager
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is first class hotel. Everything seems new, the rooms are quite contemporary, clean and well appointed. The hotel is in a cluster of Marriott family hotels, however this would be the flagship. The bars and restaurants are first class, the staff does have midwest hospitality. Parking is a little expensive, $35 for valet and $28 for self parking. My only complaint was after the front desk clerk checked me in and comped my internet, it showed up on my bill. After a bit of complaining I got it off but that clerk did have an "attitude". (However it was 6:00am and she had probably been up all night). Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room that had a nice view of Lucas field, but I did here sirens in the night. I'm a vet...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for the nice comments about our staff. I was sorry for the confusion regarding the Internet fee and the lack of service displayed by our front desk associate. This is not typical of our htoel. It was a pleasure having you with us, and we will look forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 10 days for a convention and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Had a special convention rate, so can't really speak to value for money. The hotel is new and beautiful. It's right across the street from the convention center and is connected by "sky bridge" walkways that make it easy (and cool - I was there during a heat wave) to get there. Baseball park is also right across the street. Rooms are pretty standard for a big corporate hotel like this - great beds, nice big flat screen TV, good work space with both wired and wireless internet connectivity, good bathroom with all the amenities. The two restaurants, High Velocity (a sports bar style place - good service, very quick service, decent menu) and Ostaria Pronto (Italian dinner - but I only ate breakfast there - a great breakfast buffet) were excellent. Ordered room service twice and they quoted "30 to 45 minutes," but both times the food was there within 10 minutes. And the staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. At registration the woman who checked me in came out from behind her desk and walked me to the elevators. Later when I asked about the computers where you can print a boarding pass, the person I spoke with walked me to those, too. And everyone greets you every time they see you. I would recommend this place if a big corporate hotel is what you're looking for. It's lovely.

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for three nights. The hotel is new, so building itself is very clean and nice. pretty much closer to every place in downtown, Indianapolis. I liked the sky-walk to convention center and shopping mall. employees are friendly, nice, and professional. I highly recommend this hotel =)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Overall this hotel was a great value. The hotel has only been open just over a year or so, so everything is nice and new. The parking was easy and attached to the hotel. The hotel is in a great location right across the street from the Indiana State Museum and Victory Field, (home of the Indianapolis Indians, Triple A team of the Pittsburgh Pirates), easy walking distance to Lucas Oil Stadium, and a few blocks from the center of downtown. Check in was quick and easy and the staff were extremely helpful and professional.
The reason I say the hotel was a great value is the total cost prior to tax was approximately $260 for one night. Included in this amount were two adult and two childrens tickets to the Childrens Museum (a value of $60) as well as complimentary breakfast buffett at one of the hotel restaurants, Osteria Pronto, which was very, very good. The price of breakfast would have been $58 plus tax. So now we are down to approximately $142 for hotel, which given its "newness" and "niceness" was well worth the money.
The only two gripes I have are while the parking is easy and appeared to be abundant, I felt gouged paying $28 per night to park on site. I can see paying this amount if I were in a privately owned parking garage down the street. Secondly the wifi fee, which was approximately $13 for the one night I was there, is too high!
Oh, and for me, the bed was too firm, but not going to include this as a gripe as some others may love a firm bed.
I would definetly stay at this property again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently stayed here for three nights this past weekend. I don't usually stay at chain hotels but I decided to take a chance due to the reviews posted and the location. It is within walking distance of the zoo, the state museum and the Eiteljorg museum all of which came in handy. No need to take the car anywhere, just leave it in the garage and go for a stroll. A few of these museums are literally across the street!

Special mention goes to Pamela at the front desk for the prompt check-in and Michael with room service, who took the time to mention the scenes to check out around town.

The room was on the 27th floor; it was decent size and fairly contemporary furnishings. The three-way shower faucets were fantastic and the desk chair is probably the most comfortable piece of furniture in the room (surprisingly). I'm not faulting the bedding at all, it was great to sleep on as well.

My only gripe is that it seems like this hotel gives more attention to clients who come in by way of the numerous conventions they hold and a little less to the regular people who are just booking a room for the weekend. I booked with a gardens and museums package and the little card they gave me as a promotional piece had someone else's last name on it. I also requested two extra towels and one extra pillow that were never sent up.

Also the internet service charge isn't steep but it's strange that it's a daily charge. Once it expires (you have a timer) you have to sign up for it again if you wish to use it. Of course you can haul your gear down to the first two floors for free two hour complimentary wi-fi but it's fairly annoying. Also the wi-fi that you pay for is painfully slow and disconnects consistently. Perhaps this is a ploy so that they can goad you into paying for the business package; I didn't opt for that nor did I use the internet all that often.

Overall I enjoyed it. Everyone was polite and helpful but I feel that with as busy as the place gets from multiple conventions and business clients they might overlook their other guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I was glad to see that overall you enjoyed your visit downtown. I do want to apologize for the fact that you were given incorrect information regarding your package. This is not typical of our team, and I will follow up to make sure we are more diligent when preparing information. I am also sorry we let you down with your requests, and I will speak to the team in this regard. Your business is important to us, and I do hope you will continue to use our facility whenever you are in the area. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!