“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cumming, GA
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed for one night (in town for a concert). Staff was amazing. Hotel was brand new or newly renovated. Very, very clean. Ate in the casual restaurant (forget the name)...food was good, as was the service. Rooms were typical of most nice Marriott’s....clean, sleek. We were high up, so we a great view of downtown. Also, it's a convention hotel so it has a Starbucks...yeah!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
Geist, Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Stayed in the executive suite with my husband at a discounted rate the night of 1/1/12. Excellent hotel. Brand new. The suite had a double shower with all kinds of shower heads and plenty of hot water. king bed. 2 baths. no tub. 2 TVs. Mattress very comfortable. View fantastic. Nice small pool in building with a hot tub. Very nice gym with view. Had room service for breakfast which was very tasty. They forgot salt and pepper but brought it quickly when I called. Mini fridge and coffee maker in room. The room was clean. We stayed on the 28th floor and the wind was a bit loud but didn't bother me. Excellent heating and a/c system adjustable by the half degree digitally. 2 restaurants on property. Tried the non Italian restaurant for drinks and dessert and was very good(this is also the restaurant that does the room service). Parking is expensive($30/night) but was free for us because of the holiday. There is a government parking lot that may be available at times and is worth a try because it is much less expensive. This hotel is in a wonderful location and has walkways to many other destinations like the Convention Center and Circle Centre Mall.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms come with free breakfast buffet/drinks/snacks/bar in a room on the 31st floor. If...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

From the moment you walk into the lobby, someone is there to greet you, check you in, and make all your wishes come true. But seriously, they do try to accommodate all your request the best can. I was able to get a room on the 30th floor, city view, and complimentary access to the concierge lounge; not bad for my first stay. You'll definitely noticed how courteous the staff is after they walk you to the elevator and show how operate it using your room key; an extra touch that adds to the class of the hotel. The room was stunning and tastefully designed with ceiling to floor windows that added to the breath-taking views. For anyone visiting Indy, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Positives: Courteous staff, Tastefully appointed rooms, Accessibility to downtown attractions, Wide range of services and amenities.

Negatives: Parking, internet access, and renting in-room movies is a little bit on the expensive side.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have awesome views "If you're thinking about ordering room service, make sure...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Salem, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed here In December for 2 nights. We usually try to make it to Indy once or twice a year for a weekend getaway to see the Colts play or to go to a concert. This was our first time staying at the JW Marriott. We stayed on the 29th floor and the view from our room was great! The room was very nice and clean and I loved the shower! We payed a little extra per night to get the breakfast buffet and I think it was well worth the $, Best breakfast in town!

The weather was kind of wet and cold and 1 very nice thing is that since we were going to the Colts game we could leave our coats in the room and walk to the game from our hotel which was connected via a tunnel which took you to the convention center which is connected to Lucas Oil Stadium.

The staff was very nice and friendly. The only ice machine was on the second floor and I called and someone delivered me a bag in about 5 minutes. The only aggravation we had was we had ordered room service one night and when we got our final bill they had charged us twice for that order. It was quickly taken care of by the front desk.

All in all we loved our stay here and plan on coming back next summer with our kids, they have a great pool and spa and the location will be great for the Zoo and museums.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors for great views of the city
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is a spectacular addition to Indianapolis that is really convenient for the Convention Center, to which it is linked by a walkway, and the Lucas Oils stadium. It is also a brisk walk to the city center, either on the street of through the myriad walkways. Firstly, from beginning to end of my week's stay there, the staff were attentive and polite, the only hiccup being the safe in my room that malfunctioned but it was immediately dealt with, the remedy being a new one being installed.

There are two restaurants, the High Velocity sports bar is just that - nothing special about it except that it's a handy facility to have on your doorstep. The Osteria Pronto restaurant was extremely good, so good in fact that my wife and I ate there a couple of times. It is not cheap, but if you are a wine drinker, then the cost can be somewhat contained as it is supplied in a variety of measures to suit both the pallet and the wallet.

Although I'm not an avid gym addict it was one of the best, if not the best, gym I have ever used. All the equipment was very new, as is to be expected, but a nice touch was the plentiful supply of refrigerated wet towels that were there for guests' use. Alongside the gym was the smallish swimming pool but I cannot really comment on it as I did not use it.

A spacious, well laid out room with a comfy bed made sure that I got a good sleep every night. All in all, a great new hotel and I will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed JW Marriot in Indianapolis from November 13th to the 18th, and was there for a conference. My room (room number 2829) was pretty nice and comfortable. The bed was soft with puffy beddings, but I didn’t sweat, so it wasn’t overly hot. A large (32’?) flat screen, high def TV was there. The bathroom was pretty small, a table for a basin area, the commode, and a standup shower. However the shower was really nice, it had the typical multi water stream style head, but it also had faucets in the wall, so you could get spray from many directions. The bad thing though there wasn’t enough pressure to get a strong stream from the overhead and side faucets at the same time. The view from the room was of parking structures, other hotels, and Peyton Manning’s place (Lucas Oil Stadium) off in the distance, about two blocks away. They have staff that greet you at the enterance and take you to check in, very welcoming. Also, the elevators are very fast and smooth, it really helps such a tall hotel. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, but it’s a good mile, in one direction. We found a German restaurant one night, they had great food. Alas, I can’t remember the name.

The conference I attended had over 800 people, and there was plenty of conference space for our group, and there were other functions there too. The general session and breakfast/lunch room had plenty of space as well. I felt the hotel did NOT do a good job with food for the conference though, just low quality. Plenty of food, but it didn’t taste all that good, and I am not a picky eater and am usually satisfied. The break out conference rooms had sizes for big and small groups, they were properly ventilated as they weren’t too hot, nor too cold. My two concerns were the chairs were pretty hard and uncomfortable and the meeting rooms were pretty spread out, so you cold have a long haul between sessions.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Writing this from my room, 29 floors up from the ground with a magnificent view! I napped a corner room, with floor to ceiling windows on two walls, looking out over the river and the Indy Museum. AAA rate, with breakfast for two, $159.00! This room is spectacular! I am not posting my pics as they do not do the room justice.

$35 to valet your car? HEY, THIS IS NOT SAN FRANCISCO!

Room is super quiet, a fantastic shower, great bed, the same Samsung TV I have at home, what could be better! Guess if I had someone to share breakfast with,,,,,, but that is another story. ;-)

Thank you JW Marriot Indy!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!