“Very Nice Hotel and Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 182 hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Salem, Indiana
“Very Nice Hotel and Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed here In December for 2 nights. We usually try to make it to Indy once or twice a year for a weekend getaway to see the Colts play or to go to a concert. This was our first time staying at the JW Marriott. We stayed on the 29th floor and the view from our room was great! The room was very nice and clean and I loved the shower! We payed a little extra per night to get the breakfast buffet and I think it was well worth the $, Best breakfast in town!

The weather was kind of wet and cold and 1 very nice thing is that since we were going to the Colts game we could leave our coats in the room and walk to the game from our hotel which was connected via a tunnel which took you to the convention center which is connected to Lucas Oil Stadium.

The staff was very nice and friendly. The only ice machine was on the second floor and I called and someone delivered me a bag in about 5 minutes. The only aggravation we had was we had ordered room service one night and when we got our final bill they had charged us twice for that order. It was quickly taken care of by the front desk.

All in all we loved our stay here and plan on coming back next summer with our kids, they have a great pool and spa and the location will be great for the Zoo and museums.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors for great views of the city
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

954 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is a spectacular addition to Indianapolis that is really convenient for the Convention Center, to which it is linked by a walkway, and the Lucas Oils stadium. It is also a brisk walk to the city center, either on the street of through the myriad walkways. Firstly, from beginning to end of my week's stay there, the staff were attentive and polite, the only hiccup being the safe in my room that malfunctioned but it was immediately dealt with, the remedy being a new one being installed.

There are two restaurants, the High Velocity sports bar is just that - nothing special about it except that it's a handy facility to have on your doorstep. The Osteria Pronto restaurant was extremely good, so good in fact that my wife and I ate there a couple of times. It is not cheap, but if you are a wine drinker, then the cost can be somewhat contained as it is supplied in a variety of measures to suit both the pallet and the wallet.

Although I'm not an avid gym addict it was one of the best, if not the best, gym I have ever used. All the equipment was very new, as is to be expected, but a nice touch was the plentiful supply of refrigerated wet towels that were there for guests' use. Alongside the gym was the smallish swimming pool but I cannot really comment on it as I did not use it.

A spacious, well laid out room with a comfy bed made sure that I got a good sleep every night. All in all, a great new hotel and I will definitely return.

Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed JW Marriot in Indianapolis from November 13th to the 18th, and was there for a conference. My room (room number 2829) was pretty nice and comfortable. The bed was soft with puffy beddings, but I didn’t sweat, so it wasn’t overly hot. A large (32’?) flat screen, high def TV was there. The bathroom was pretty small, a table for a basin area, the commode, and a standup shower. However the shower was really nice, it had the typical multi water stream style head, but it also had faucets in the wall, so you could get spray from many directions. The bad thing though there wasn’t enough pressure to get a strong stream from the overhead and side faucets at the same time. The view from the room was of parking structures, other hotels, and Peyton Manning’s place (Lucas Oil Stadium) off in the distance, about two blocks away. They have staff that greet you at the enterance and take you to check in, very welcoming. Also, the elevators are very fast and smooth, it really helps such a tall hotel. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, but it’s a good mile, in one direction. We found a German restaurant one night, they had great food. Alas, I can’t remember the name.

The conference I attended had over 800 people, and there was plenty of conference space for our group, and there were other functions there too. The general session and breakfast/lunch room had plenty of space as well. I felt the hotel did NOT do a good job with food for the conference though, just low quality. Plenty of food, but it didn’t taste all that good, and I am not a picky eater and am usually satisfied. The break out conference rooms had sizes for big and small groups, they were properly ventilated as they weren’t too hot, nor too cold. My two concerns were the chairs were pretty hard and uncomfortable and the meeting rooms were pretty spread out, so you cold have a long haul between sessions.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Writing this from my room, 29 floors up from the ground with a magnificent view! I napped a corner room, with floor to ceiling windows on two walls, looking out over the river and the Indy Museum. AAA rate, with breakfast for two, $159.00! This room is spectacular! I am not posting my pics as they do not do the room justice.

$35 to valet your car? HEY, THIS IS NOT SAN FRANCISCO!

Room is super quiet, a fantastic shower, great bed, the same Samsung TV I have at home, what could be better! Guess if I had someone to share breakfast with,,,,,, but that is another story. ;-)

Thank you JW Marriot Indy!

Westfield, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a night after his holiday party in the hotel's ballroom. The lobby area is beautiful and check in was quick and easy. I was concerned that our view wouldn't be great as we were on the back side of the hotel, but we had a great view of White River State Park. Ask for a higher floor and either side will have a great view. The room was very large and exceptionally clean and well appointed. A mistake on our bill was quickly taken care of and we had a great night in the hotel. We would recommend the hotel to anyone coming to Indy for a stay.

• Stayed December 2011
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed here on a getaway weekend when we had tickets to the Colts. I am a Marriott Platinum member, and I stayed on points at the hotel. We were immediately greeted at check in and acknowledged for Marriott Reward status. Highly attentive and courteous front desk staff. I wish I could remember the gentleman's name....The Conceirge Lounge is open Monday-Sunday at this hotel and what a nice perk! Great Honor bar and upscale appetizers and snacks. Nice breakfast in the morning as well.

The views of the stadium were fabulous from our upper level room. Fitness center was one of the nicer ones I have seen in a Marriott- brand new equipment with TV's and free weights as well as machines.

The one thing I will say is while the shower is fantastic with a wall jet as well as a shower head, the overall bathroom is quite cramped for the size and quality of the room (which is really spacious and upscale). Toiletries were nice, but in quite small bottles.

We did not try the restaurants, but the bar scene was "happening"

One negative...holy slow elevators. Prepare to wait.

Overall fantastic stay with a "little something extra" We would stay again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view! Upgrade to concienrge level (if not Rewards member) migh...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Stayed for the first time at the recently opened JW Marriott in Indianapolis. The hotel and rooms are tastefully done up. The amenities are great with several restaurants and bars and the gym is well equipped. The breakfast buffet has an excellent choice and you can eat a full American breakfast or stay healthy with fruit and yogurt.

The internet connectivity is very good in both the rooms and the public areas.

The staff is very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!