This brand new hotel has created significant excess hotel capacity in downtown Indianapolis. It is better than competing hotels and may be triggering a price war in the area. I booked at $129 with a group discount, a great non-Priceline non-Hotwire price for a hotel of this quality.
Location: This hotel is adjacent to the Indianapolis convention center and football stadium and is on the local transit system express shuttle bus route to and from the airport.
Suggestion: Take the Indygo Green express from the airport for 7 bucks instead of taking a taxi for $30. If you ask the driver to drop you off across the street from the JW on the way in (at the start of the loop through the city) and catch the shuttle at the JW on the way back (at the end of the loop through the city), the travel time is about the same.
Rooms: My room was clean and well furnished with desk/pullout computer table, comfortable chair, large screen TV, and normal amenities coffee/tea, bathroom with tub. Bed was large and comfortable.
Suggestion: Request a room facing east for a nice city view and wake up to rising sun.
Service and food: The front desk staff was very efficient and helpful. On premises restaurant was slightly overpriced with standard items characteristic of decent convention hotels.
Suggestion: If you want to escape from the convention bubble, head one mile to Shapiro’s Deli for classic corned beef on rye, pastrami, matzoball soup and local color. I know – a New York Deli in Indy is not plausible, but this is a local favorite. Or walk a half mile to Palomino’s, a midlevel chain with a mix of items, from local cheeses through standard Italian fare to steaks and seafood.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Indianapolis Hotel
- Jw Marriott Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated design meets classic hospitality at the largest JW Marriott in the world—JW Indy. Boasting 1,005 contemporary guest rooms and 100,000 square feet of sprawling event space, JW Marriott Indianapolis is the crown jewel of the new Marriott Place Indianapolis hotel complex, a distinct destination for business and leisure travelers in the downtown area. Not only offering the largest ballroom in the Midwest, this Downtown Indianapolis hotel also provides creative event planning services for meetings, weddings and social events of various sizes. There is also direct access via skybridge to the Indiana Convention Center for event larger events and conventions. In addition to incredible meeting space and spacious guest rooms, JW Marriott Indianapolis provides exquisite dining options onsite at High Velocity, Osteria Pronto and Tavern on the Plaza. Nearby, over 200 shopping, dining and entertainment options beckon, including White River State Park, Lucas Oil Stadium and Conseco Fieldhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your JW Marriott Indianapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.