“Busy atmosphere but personable employees” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lafayette, IN
“Busy atmosphere but personable employees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed here during a weekend where a big conference was just ending. The hotel and Indianapolis were overrun with people. However, the staff at the hotel still helped us to feel welcome and provided for our needs with a warm welcome upon check-in to suggestions as to where I might find a chocolate chip cookie after midnight.

The room was clean and the shower was great. There are two spray heads located about 2 feet lower from the shower head to envelop you in water.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I had the good fortune of staying here the week immediately following their grand opening. I had been on a pretty long run, 4 consecutive weeks on the road, and was feeling it. Something about this place just lifted my spirits shortly after check-in and I've only found it to continue to impress the more times I've stayed (4x times since). The rooms are great, well appointed and modern. What I really like is the lounge, which I understand is the top one in the entire JW system. Jen and Natalie are excellent hosts and very pleasant and actually knowledgeable travelers themselves. The location isnt right in the middle of downtown but close enough. Have an upscale restaurant, a nice elegant bar and a sports bar & grill all in the lobby as well. Everything one needs. This is my favorite hotel in the Midwest and the only one I stay in now in Indy (So long Westin!).

Room Tip: High floors are nice but not fun when the fire alarm goes off... believe me.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I have stayed at many hotels in Indianapolis as well as other locations and the JW Marriott here in Indy is probably my favorite hotel. Every staff member I have encountered on numerous stays has been friendly and knowledgeable. The check in and out process is smooth and efficient.

Rooms are modern with attractive decor, all of the rooms I have stayed in have a comfortable lounge chair, desk chair and plenty of outlets. Next to the bed there are reading lights. The king sized rooms have shower only while the rooms with two beds have a large shower with glass door. If you like watching videos you have ordered online you can plug your PC into the HDTV and view it on the TV, love that!

The concierge lounge is available to Marriott Gold & Platinum members, they serve a really great variety of hors d'oeuvres and have an honor bar with an excellent selection of beer, wine and liquor. Soft drinks, bottled water, sparkling water etc. are available all day. The breakfast is simply outstanding, the best I've had in any concierge lounge anywhere. The staff in the lounge is top notch, they will make an effort to get to know you and take care of your needs.

The hotel has two dining options, three during warm weather months as they open a restaurant on the back patio. All have good food and are not ridiculously overpriced as in many hotel restaurants. Room service is also delicious.

Housekeeping at the JW Indy is exceptional, not only do they make the bed and replace toiletries but all your shoes will be lined up if you leave any out, bathroom toiletries will be left arranged, it's just a nice job. Please tip them accordingly.

Valet service is uneven, although it has improved recently. The staff is very courteous but you should call down from your room 5 minutes or so before you need your car during busy times. If there is a big convention or event perhaps longer.

The hotel fitness center is really great if you like to keep in shape while traveling. Great selection of machines, free weights, cardio etc. and the view is wonderful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Arriving downtown Indianapolis after long drive, all we wanted was good meal, comfortable and quite room...and a bit of a humdrum. Pulling into the JW Marriott was anything but quiet--there was a huge national fraternity convention there--thousands of folks milling about...out first thought was, 'we are really screw.....d" The Lobby was so loud that we had to shout our names to the registration desk...that is after we had worked with the outside valets and such to get our bags out of the car.... we finally got registered...went to room...bags got there with seconds... Room was refreshing, bright, and tasteful. We loved it. We only hoped that it would be soundproof--because Saturday night--convention night--was not going to be a silence night... So, we did the chin up..and head back down to the restaurant.. where we were told there would be a 15 minute wait...we were escorted to the "Tavern on the Plaza--had a pleasant drink--and then the folks from Osteria Pronto came to get us for dinner.... After dinner--headed back to room...and collapsed... did not hear another thing until late inthe morning....check out went okay, given the thousands of folks doing the same thing at the same time.... but the Staff and JW handled it professionally.

All in all...a good evening...and comfortable night... would recommend this over anything that claims to be a 'motel" along the highway...

ON downside: big hotel..charges for internet...and parking....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed here on the night of July 4th with my wife and kids (ages 6 and 3) to watch the downtown fireworks and be in walking distance after attending the Indianapolis Indians ballgame.
Made my reservation in February right when the hotel opened (5 months in advance) for a high floor city view room with the intent of watching the downtown fireworks. Unfortunately, when I checked in at 5pm I was told I had a White River Park view room. I showed them my email confirmation, and Justine at the front desk found us a fantastic room with a great view, but nobody expects or wants to spend the first 10 minutes in a hotel of this caliber hoping that the check-in process doesn't turn into an argument.
As for the room, Justine came through and got us a 19th floor corner room with 2 walls of floor to ceiling windows with a perfect view of the fireworks and the downtown skyline. This hotel certainly has some of the best views of the city. The room was modern, clean, and met my expectations from an amenities and comfort standpoint.
After the game, it was an easy walk from the ballpark and we had a great view of not only the downtown fireworks, but also fireworks in the distance from presumably some of the suburban displays.
After the fireworks, I ordered room service and started an in-room movie. I was told to expect delivery of the food order in 30-45 minutes (not a complex order... salad, hamburger, and two plain kids pastas with butter). After over one hour of waiting (I know it was over an hour because of the movie run time), I called down to inquire about the delay and was told that the food was on its way and should be to the room in 5-10 minutes. After 20 more minutes of waiting (I was timing it now), I called again and was told that I would get a call back on the status immediately. A few minutes later, the food showed up and I expressed my disappointment at the delay. They did comp the meal and apologized, stating they were extremely busy. They also offered free breakfast in the morning, which I declined because I felt the comp'd room service was appropriate, but I would hope in the future that there would be better communication about the expected time for delivery of room service, or at least a call to the room after the promised time had passed explaining the delay. I would not have bothered if I knew that it would take almost an hour and a half.
Overall, a very nice property with a great location, beautiful views, and comfortable rooms, but it really disappointed me with the check-in room location issue and the room service delay with poor communication, given the hotel's presumed aspiration to be the best hotel in the city.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Southeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

This is a lovely property. Just not to my personal taste, as it felt cold and hard to me. Having said that, all employees were exceptionally helpful and pleasant. The room was spacious, with a glass wall window overlooking the park. Glorious evening sunsets from the bed!!! Beware - the windows "pop and crack" which is kind of unnerving the first time you hear it - sounds like the wall is going to blow out! The location is on the edge of downtown, so any restaurant/coffee house is at least a two block walk. It is right across from two museums, with easy access to the canal (lovely area to walk), and on the other side of the building is Victory field for those who enjoy baseball. Parking costs more at this location than at other "name" hotels just a couple of blocks away - as much as $10 more per night - but if you don't mind walking, you don't have to use a car. Internet available for a price. All in all, lovely area with kind employees. I'm just more of the "warm and cozy" type.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

The hotel is new and staff is wonderful. The rooms are decorated very tastefully. I had a great dinner at the Italian restaurant in the hotel. Plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. The bathroom is really nice with a large glass shower. two thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!