“Cudos...handling large crowd while taking care of us” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Cudos...handling large crowd while taking care of us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Arriving downtown Indianapolis after long drive, all we wanted was good meal, comfortable and quite room...and a bit of a humdrum. Pulling into the JW Marriott was anything but quiet--there was a huge national fraternity convention there--thousands of folks milling about...out first thought was, 'we are really screw.....d" The Lobby was so loud that we had to shout our names to the registration desk...that is after we had worked with the outside valets and such to get our bags out of the car.... we finally got registered...went to room...bags got there with seconds... Room was refreshing, bright, and tasteful. We loved it. We only hoped that it would be soundproof--because Saturday night--convention night--was not going to be a silence night... So, we did the chin up..and head back down to the restaurant.. where we were told there would be a 15 minute wait...we were escorted to the "Tavern on the Plaza--had a pleasant drink--and then the folks from Osteria Pronto came to get us for dinner.... After dinner--headed back to room...and collapsed... did not hear another thing until late inthe morning....check out went okay, given the thousands of folks doing the same thing at the same time.... but the Staff and JW handled it professionally.

All in all...a good evening...and comfortable night... would recommend this over anything that claims to be a 'motel" along the highway...

ON downside: big hotel..charges for internet...and parking....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed here on the night of July 4th with my wife and kids (ages 6 and 3) to watch the downtown fireworks and be in walking distance after attending the Indianapolis Indians ballgame.
Made my reservation in February right when the hotel opened (5 months in advance) for a high floor city view room with the intent of watching the downtown fireworks. Unfortunately, when I checked in at 5pm I was told I had a White River Park view room. I showed them my email confirmation, and Justine at the front desk found us a fantastic room with a great view, but nobody expects or wants to spend the first 10 minutes in a hotel of this caliber hoping that the check-in process doesn't turn into an argument.
As for the room, Justine came through and got us a 19th floor corner room with 2 walls of floor to ceiling windows with a perfect view of the fireworks and the downtown skyline. This hotel certainly has some of the best views of the city. The room was modern, clean, and met my expectations from an amenities and comfort standpoint.
After the game, it was an easy walk from the ballpark and we had a great view of not only the downtown fireworks, but also fireworks in the distance from presumably some of the suburban displays.
After the fireworks, I ordered room service and started an in-room movie. I was told to expect delivery of the food order in 30-45 minutes (not a complex order... salad, hamburger, and two plain kids pastas with butter). After over one hour of waiting (I know it was over an hour because of the movie run time), I called down to inquire about the delay and was told that the food was on its way and should be to the room in 5-10 minutes. After 20 more minutes of waiting (I was timing it now), I called again and was told that I would get a call back on the status immediately. A few minutes later, the food showed up and I expressed my disappointment at the delay. They did comp the meal and apologized, stating they were extremely busy. They also offered free breakfast in the morning, which I declined because I felt the comp'd room service was appropriate, but I would hope in the future that there would be better communication about the expected time for delivery of room service, or at least a call to the room after the promised time had passed explaining the delay. I would not have bothered if I knew that it would take almost an hour and a half.
Overall, a very nice property with a great location, beautiful views, and comfortable rooms, but it really disappointed me with the check-in room location issue and the room service delay with poor communication, given the hotel's presumed aspiration to be the best hotel in the city.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Southeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

This is a lovely property. Just not to my personal taste, as it felt cold and hard to me. Having said that, all employees were exceptionally helpful and pleasant. The room was spacious, with a glass wall window overlooking the park. Glorious evening sunsets from the bed!!! Beware - the windows "pop and crack" which is kind of unnerving the first time you hear it - sounds like the wall is going to blow out! The location is on the edge of downtown, so any restaurant/coffee house is at least a two block walk. It is right across from two museums, with easy access to the canal (lovely area to walk), and on the other side of the building is Victory field for those who enjoy baseball. Parking costs more at this location than at other "name" hotels just a couple of blocks away - as much as $10 more per night - but if you don't mind walking, you don't have to use a car. Internet available for a price. All in all, lovely area with kind employees. I'm just more of the "warm and cozy" type.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

The hotel is new and staff is wonderful. The rooms are decorated very tastefully. I had a great dinner at the Italian restaurant in the hotel. Plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. The bathroom is really nice with a large glass shower. two thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed here with a conference. The staff was friendly, attentive and professional. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Indianapolis area. The hotel restauarants were amazing, especially the Italian one, although the name escapes me.

Larkspur, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

The new JW Marriott was a perfect place for a weekend getaway. The design and quality of the hotel far exceeds anywhere I have ever stayed at in Indy. We checked into the hotel on a very busy Friday evening. There was a convention in the hotel plus a baseball game right next door. Even with the events and people, we were still greeted like VIP and able to sail through the check in process with no issues at all. Our room was on a high floor and even though our view did not face downtown, the view out over the baseball field and zoo/park/river areas were quite beautiful. Our room was very well appointed, comfortable, and clean. No complaints at all. We utilized the fitness center and were extremely satisfied with the quality of the facility – cold towels, bottles of water, and wonderful views from all the machines. We visited the main lobby bar for some pre-dinner cocktails and thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance and drinks. I would highly recommend St. Elmo Steakhouse for dinner which is an easy walk from the hotel. I would also recommend checking out if the Indianapolis Indians have a home baseball game and if the weather is nice, take a walk over to the zoo.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed at the new JW Marriott for 4 nights for a recent conference and was very impressed. The rooms are very nice with all of the new technology. Laptops can even be connected to the big screen TVs! I stayed in one of the rooms on the upper floors so I had access to the Executive Suite which was also very nice to use as a break from my room. Complimentary beverages and snacks as well as big screen TVs and computers are available in the suite. An exercise room is also available, however I didn't have a chance to use it.

The hotel is located within walking distance of most everything downtown, restaurants, clubs, shopping ... even Conseco Fieldhouse and Lucas Oil Field.The views are great - some of the rooms overlook the ampitheater, the river and the park. The staff was exceptionally friendly and very helpful. The food was good, too. I believe there is a Starbucks that will be opening on the 2nd floor in the next couple of months. If there were any downsides, I would say the self-parking fee was a bit high ($28/day) and the daily fee for internet dial-up was $12.95, but I believe there is free wireless in the lounge.

Overall, it was a very pleasurable experience and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!