“Sleek, trendy hotel and stellar service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Indianapolis

You added JW Marriott Indianapolis to your Saves list
JW Marriott Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 South West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #6 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
detroit
“Sleek, trendy hotel and stellar service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Check in was quick and easy, there was a minor glitch with their computer system so they could not get room keys issued but they had a hotel staff person take me to my room. They called shortly and dropped off room key and during turn down service they left a little popcorn treat and a card to apologize for the room key glitch earlier which was not a big deal, but I appreciated the gesture. The hotel and restaurant staff (Ate at High Velocity) was very attentive and friendly. LOVED the floor to ceiling windows, had a high floor room with great views. The fitness center was the best of the hotel gyms in the area and the hot tub was great!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Well done, JW! I felt welcomed and enjoyed my visit very much. The Executive Lounge was great and the staff was extremely friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Check in went well and was given a room on the "B side" of the property overlooking the White River, and a few museums, a GM plant but not much else. The clerk walked me to the elevators but failed to tell me how to use my room key to access the floors above the third floor.
The place still smells new (a good thing my wife stayed home) and the room was well appointed. I particually liked the iHome radio where I docked my iPod for the duration of my stay. The wakeup phone links you to a real person and not an automatic system. The king bed was equipped with a down comforter with a spare blanket, I shed the comforter and just used the sheets and blanket.
You can hook your electronics up to the big flat screen through a panel of connectors, but I had to ask for the cords (no charge) even though the in-room literature said they were in the room, no big deal.
The bathroom was a little skimpy on towel racks so the vanity was a little buisy. They do have recycling recepticals in the room (too bad my wife couldn't be here to see them.
I only ate breakfast here, not a bad deal ($16.99), they even bring you your choice of newspapers.
I opted for the internet connection and chose the basic (slow) service which was very slow. The second day I paid the extra $3.00 and got the much better service.

Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Amazing new hotel in downtown Indianapolis. I stayed downtown with a couple of girlfriends for our annual "girlfriend" weekend downtown We've stayed at several fine hotels in downtown Indianapolis and the JW Marriott beat them all by a landslide. The service was amazing - from the second we stepped out of our car upon upon arrival to the moment we checked out.. The gentleman that checked us even went so far as to walk us to our elevator that took us up to our room. The room was incredible. We were given a corner room on the 22nd floor. What an amazing view! The ceiling to floor windows enhanced the magnificent view. The rooms were big, clean and spacious. Regarding the location, it's a bit of a walk (10-15 minutes) to the center of downtown where you'll find the Circle Center Mall and a majority of the bars and restaurants, but the great thing was that you can get to that area via the skywalks and convention center without ever having to step outside - a bonus during the colder winter months! Can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

My wife and I went out for her birthday downtown and decided to stay downtown. I thought we should stay here. So I booked the room a few weeks in advance and it turned out to be the same night of Peyton Manning's Children Hospital Fund raising event with Kenny Chesney performing. The place was a ZOO, but the plentiful staff that was there to help was wonderful. I kind of got the feeling they would have helped me go to the bathroom if I needed it! lol The place is beautiful, clean, relaxing, very accommodating, and romantic. I wish we would have gotten the King room but we got two queens and slid them together so it was no big deal. The view of the city was great as well. Did not have time to go to the bar or restaurant but they both looked awesome. I would for sure go back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Beautiful, New, Top Notch....unless they are hosting a large event! I chose the Marriott for its location, price and ambiance. The hotel is new, beautiful and in a great location. The rooms were well arranged, had great interior design and the beds were very comfortable.

The staff was all very nice, very helpful and willing to step up and offer assistance. The real issue was that the hotel was 90% occupancy and the staff was happy to share that information in preparing you for service delays.

The hotel entrance was congested and backed up into the intersection of Washington and West Street. The staff though nice, struggled to organize the mass amounts of patrons, valet parking management and general organization. The pool was so overrun that enjoying the facility was nonexistent. Both of my children were disappointed that we really could not swim and enjoy the facility.

The restaurant and service good. If this is a test for Super Bowl 2012, they still have lots of steps to take to meet the expected customer service for a JW Marriott.

Had I known that the hotel was at 90% occupancy, I would have chosen another hotel Downtown.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Stayed at the JW this past weekend. Booked a king room and when we checked in they gave us a room with two doubles. Not really what we wanted since nit what we booked. When called front desk was put on hold for ten minutes before told they had no king rooms available. Is it a huge deal? No, but when we stayed at the JW in Cancun I just got the feeling they would have built us the room we booked if they didn't have it and this place was just...not available, not even a sorry. They offered a key to the concierge lounge which from where we were you had to ride two different elevators to get to, exciting. We actually just cancelled an upcoming reservation we had here and are staying elsewhere. The other place not only takes your reservation but fills it correctly.

• Stayed February 2011

Been to JW Marriott Indianapolis? Share your experiences!