“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Dallas, Texas
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

There is nothing negative I can say! I love love love Candlewood hotels, but this one is by far the best. We ended up staying twice as long as anticipated and I would have stayed longer if I could. I invited 7 co-workers to stay there as well while our job was in town. If you are a Priority Club member, ask if you can upgrade to a two room suite. It's the size of an apartment! The complimentary Maxwell House coffee in the Cupboard was wonderful since the temps were below freezing the three weeks we were there! When an ice storm moved in on Feb. 24th, they cleared the sidewalks by 0600. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013
Schonda B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review the Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East Hotel.

Your feedback is appreciated. We love knowing what we did right, but we realize the need to also know the things that may need some tweaking. It takes all of this information to make our guests happy.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites East for two days over a weekend. The rooms are spacious and have a kitchen with refrigerator, sink, dishwasher, dishes, and microwave. The beds were squeaky but comfortable. Parking is limited and there were lots of smokers hanging around the parking lot which made us nervous. The hallways smell of smoke probably from the outside smokers. The price is reasonable and the staff was helpful. There is a hotel store where you can charge TV dinners, cereal, candy, etc. to your room. There are lots of hotels in the area and a couple of convenient restaurants.

Room Tip: Reserve rooms in this area early, the hotel was sold out.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Hotel Management
Davenport, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We were staying at the Candlewood suites for a convention this weekend. When we arrived we found the room to be nice and clean. Like most hotels we stay at we check the beds and surrounding areas and found nothing. When I went to bed I just happened to wake up and found an apple seed sized bug on my pillow. This was one of many that were found in my bed as well as the other bed. We notified the desk and decided to check out. I'm sure this is was an isolated incident but just wanted to let future travelers know.

• Stayed September 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Steph31887,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
West Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is the 3rd Candlewood Suites which I stayed with for this trip and we spent 5 nights with the hotel.

Room: By now i have gotten used to the Candlewood Suites signature room layout and size and like the the others, the room comes with a nice kitchenette and its amenities. However, unlike the others, the room is rather dated in its furnishing and it does feel as 'fresh' as the others. However, it is still a clean and functioning room.

Bathroom: Like the others, only 2 bars of soap and one small bottle of shampoo is provided. There are also 3 sets of towels although there are only 2 of us. Generally the bathroom is also clean and functioning.

Location: This will be the strength of the hotel. Lots of eating place surrounding it. Hence you do not have to travel too far for food. It is also just off the highway, Hence it is easy to get around to the various part of the city. The only complain is that the hotel carpark is shared with guests from Quality Inn which is right next (in front of) it. Hence parking can be an issue if the hotel is operating on high occupancy.

Overall: Although there is no daily housekeeping and we stayed for 5 days, I did not find it an inconvenience and quite enjoy the freedom to cook in my room. I will consider staying here again if for the price options I cannot find a better deal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed here for one night while in the area for a volleyball tournament. As others have noted, the vicinity around the hotel is not the most beautiful area. But, it is close to major roads that can get you around. The hotel itself is fairly new. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable and the shower had a strong water spray. In the room there was a microwave, a full size refrigerator, and a stove top for cooking. There was also a sign indicating that a toaster oven could be obtained from the front desk if needed. While this is a suites hotel, there are not separate rooms, but a kitchen area in the larger room. This hotel would be a good place to stay for an extended period when you wanted to eat many of your meals in the room. I was also very pleased with the fact that I got a quick response to an e-mail I sent to the hotel before I arrived addressing a concern that I had. And, the hotel also allowed me late checkout on my day of departure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
CandleEastIndy, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your very positive review of our hotel and the service you received we. We take great pride in providing the best in service. We were happy to accommodate your request and we look forward to your return to the wonderful city of Indianapolis.
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Nice clean hotel. Staff was very helpful and even through it was next to highway the noise was not distrubing.

Room Tip: As for end room, that way you will not get any hall traffic, true for any hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CandleEastIndy, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. I will make certain to pass along your thoughts to the team. Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Reasonable price plus new and clean rooms make this a good value. Starbucks next door. Manager will give you a 20% discount coupon to Texas Roadhouse down the street. I had no problems.
Other reviews point out that parking is scarce (true but not a big problem) and say location is a "high crime area" (hyperbole--not a good area but I walked 4 blocks to Texas Roadhouse without fear)

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East? Share your experiences!