“We ordered wrong...perhaps...?” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: This place was great! Right near the Monon trail in Indianapolis. Dogs are allowed to sit outside on the patio while you eat! They brought water for our dogs (with ice in it) in a dog bowl with our drink order. Extremely friendly wait staff, great art inside, wonderful food! Breakfast was delicious my girlfriend had crem brulee french toast...wow amazing! I had a salad that was to die for! I hope you are able to add this great find in Indy/Broad Ripple!
“We ordered wrong...perhaps...?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The place is awesomely inviting :) Playful yet sophisticated decor. Local artists riddle the walls with pictures, paintings, etc to sell :) We were very excited for the tasting adventure ahead of us...and think we may just have ordered wrong because it just wasn't all that great :(
We ordered the Double Sausage Biscuits and gravy which was very good! The biscuit was delectably fresh and the gravy was refreshingly fluid (not too thick) with an abundance of sausage but no heat...? :(
The menu said a special blend of Zest spices which I assumed would be spicy....so though delicious I didn't get any extra special spice. We also ordered the Meatloaf and World Famous Mac and Cheese. Again good! But nothing really special. :(. The Mac had a cheese sauce which may have been homemade...I am just a HUGE fan of melted cheese that keeps the consistency of delicious cheese verses being turned into a flavored down sauce. The crumble on top was a great feature! The meatloaf didn't have any gravy of any sort which was really missed by me! :(. My husband loved it!! We forgot about the tomato Bon Bons which are supposed to be amazing and there were certainly MANY more flavorfully listed menu items which brings to ask myself if we ordered wrong!? The intrigue of the Creme Brule French toast for one has us eager to return when we are in town again :)

Visited July 2013

74% Recommend
“We were happy with everything.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Not for the "tennis skirt crowd???" If you want "tennis skirt crowd"...stay up north. This is BROAD RIPPLE!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Repeat customer - I have been to Zest several times and the food is always good. I recommend that you make reservations since there is usually a waiting list. They have a nice bar area to wait for tables. Everyone that I have taken to Zest has been very satisified.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Zest is the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Kitschy and cool is the vibe of Zest. A new lounge has been added which makes this a destination not only for creative and superb food but beautiful crafted drinks! My wife and I sampled and old fashion, a dark and stormy and a SoBro Long island ice tea. The drinks are truly a mixologist dream. Even the garnishes are artistic. Food is fresh and home made. The burger blt was yummy. And my wife's macaroni stuffed chili relleno was inspirational. Great value. Great food. Great drinks. Zest us the Best!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, OH
“Fun atmosphere, great food and great drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My girlfriends and I dined at Zest on a Saturday night. We were a group of 7, and our waiter, Don, was full of energy and patience for us. He really enhanced our experience. In fact, everyone in the restaurant seemed to be having a good time!

We shared several appetizers, entrees, and desserts. The best were the queso fundido, the parmesean pomme frites, the braised beef short rib, and the cherry pie. I had the power table cocktail which I would highly recommend. Be sure to check out the cocktail lounge, Twist, next door too!

• 4 of 5 stars Food