“Wors't Hotel in the World” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #157 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
CHARLOTTE
“Wors't Hotel in the World”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Checked in late at night to a so dirty room, broken furniture, curtains falling down, broken air conditioner, BLOOD STAIN ON BED SHEETS,not a single towels, broken light fixtures, FOUL ODORS ALL OVER.

The rooms are not clean and you can't even sit down on the toilet. We vacated the room in less than 5 minutes and found a different Hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

The only positive thing we can say is that we have a great story for friends and family about how bad this hotel really is.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is a modest hotel, but the location si very convenient to go downtown and to other areas of the city. If you take I 65 -that is right there by the hotel- it will take you to downtown Indy in about 5 minutes, That is a plus. The price was excellent, the staff was courteous. The parking lot was spacious and the rooms were fine, not luxurious, but decent. I am a non smoker so I made sure I wanted a non smoking room and it was exactly want I wanted.
They offer you celereal, coffee and toast fro breakfast, it is included in your room price..
I will go back again, really.

Room Tip: second floor are probably more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bogota, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We are on the road a lot and usually pick ABI because they are generally nice. This one left much to be desired. The room had rotted floorboards in the bathroom and the bathroom/toilet had a "sour" not cleaned well smell. I didn't realize until we left that I was charged a little more than what I had been quoted when I phoned directly to the hotel for the reservation. I must saw that if good wifi internet is important to you, this location does have great internet.

Room Tip: I will try one of the other hotels in the area on my next trip to Indy (I will have several between...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stayed here for a few hours to prep for a meeting in Indy later that evening. There were spaces between the door and door jam, allowing light, air & noice in from the busy street outside. The office looked like a fortress with a locked door and glassed in check-in desk. Altho the hotel room looked OK, I was worried about cleanliness in terms of bed bugs so I didn't get under the covers. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere if you can get a similar rate.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I attended a convention at the Indianapolis Convention Center for four days and all of the hotels in the city cost more than America's Best Value did even with the cost of a rental car to get there added in. The hotel is about 10 minutes from the convention center: Just take 70W to 65S and get off at the Keystone Ave exit.

Parking in the city was another issue. Most parking was $24/day. The cheapest reliable parking I found ($10/day) was the lot immediately south of the building, on Missouri St (which becomes West St).

If I visit again and I can get at least one roommate to split the cost of the hotel with, I'll probably stay in a hotel next to the convention center, but otherwise I'll stay here again.

The room was completely adequate with clean sheets, working A/C and all the standard amenities. The room smelled a touch mildewy when I first got there, but that wore off (maybe it was just their cleaning agent). Service was excellent: I was able to check in after midnight without any trouble or delay. I discovered on the day I checked out that there was a free continental breakfast, but it was very minimal (two cereals and mini-muffins). They also had free WiFi.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Awful place!! We would not stay the night - terrible odors, room was dirty - bathroom was worse and even had a dirty towel still hanging on the bathroom door. When we went to leave after being in the room for less than 5 minutes, the front desk person shouted at us and the other families (several) who all wanted to check out. He accused us of dirtying the towel and refused to refund our money. We have filed complaints with the corporate office.
We stay at many ABV inns across the country and have NEVER experienced anything as bad as this!!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Indianapolis,IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

The hotel deserves its excellent rating in nearly every category.The service and friendliness of the staff are top-notch

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
americasbestvalue, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Indy South, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Thank you very much for the positive comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us in the future.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Indy South? Share your experiences!