“New remodel and friendly, friendly service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown

You added Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #41 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Puyallup, Washington
“New remodel and friendly, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great location with numerous things to do in walking distance. Lots of restaurants, museums, sports stadiums, concert venue, zoo and park. Room was to Marriott standards, very well appointed and clean. Room has thermostad control for heating and cooling. Breakfast is the Bistro variety but the service was very good and the quick start was excellent. Reasonable price for quality and serving. Expensive drinks, try TGI Friday next door for lower costs. Papers are available in the lobby and free internet.

Be aware there are four Marriott properties on the site and another one block away. So make sure you arrive at the right property!

Very friendly staff! This is one of the nicest group of people my wife and I have stayed with. Management is doing a great job.

As a Platinum Marriott member received points and a Starbucks coffee. Very nice touch!

Strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: North side has view of downtown, east side of stadium, south of baseball park and canal and west sid...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Columbus, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The staff is super friendly and helpful. The difference between Valet and regular parking is very little. I used Valet parking and found it to be convenient and helpful. There are many great bars and restaurants in the area. I did not particularly enjoy the breakfast, but other good options are located close. Within walking distance of IUPUI and Victory Field and Lucas Stadium.
The price is a little steep, but overall experience was worth it. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from the elevators are best
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Anywhere my fancy takes me
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Me and my husband brought our 11 year old son to the Indianapolis zoo and we stayed in this hotel. The room we were given at check in was noisy due to our young neighbors having a little party, normally we would not complain but it was about 2am & our bed was right under the vent so it was like we were at the party with them..lol... We went to the front desk and the employee was very understanding and changed our room right away. We were given a room on the 12th floor over looking victory field & it was AWSOME! We even got to watch planes taking off & landing so if you stay here def ask for a room on the upper floors.Also we used the valet parking & it was $27 dollars, $3 more than parking it yourself, it's a little pricey but well worth it if you plan on doing things downtown because you have to pay for parking anyway. We walked everywhere we could & used the taxi's for everything else.The Zoo is just across White River park so we were able to walk to it as well. I have to say Indianapolis is a very beautiful city and we will def be back for a visit, we may even make it our family 4th of July vacation every year..lol.. When we do come back we will def be staying at this hotel again! However I would suggest that maybe they could rearrange the rooms so that the beds are not directly under vents but other than that this hotel was a 5* in my book!!

• Stayed July 2014
Forestville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I recently stayed at the Courtyard in Indianapolis and the hotel and staff where outstanding. Everytime I walked into the front door, the front desk staff was courteous and welcomed me as if it where my first day. I stayed for 4 night and the room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Nice large room with a living room area. I enjoyed my stay so much, I plan to bring the family to stay and see the sights of Indianapolis. Within walking distance of everything the downtown area has to offer. Thanks for your hospitality.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the city is never a bad choice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice location and view of the museums and river walk. Several concerts going on in the park when we were there so quite lively. Walking distance to restaurants. Nice size room and pleasant decoration.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was with my mother at the entrance and no one helped us with our luggage. My mother is ill with pulmonary hypertension and had to help. Hey that's inconceivable

At check in we were billed wrong.
Tks God everything was solve at the end.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CYSHSIndy, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Our location does not have a bell staff and I am so sorry that we were not able to assist your Mother during her stay with us. We thank you for your feedback.
Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Spent a night at this hotel in June 2014. The elevators are extremely noisy. If you plan to stay here, I would request a room as far away from the elevators as possible. We were 4 rooms away and we would hear a loud bang every time the elevator stopped at any floor. It woke us up early on a Sunday, not the relaxing night's stay we had hoped for. The manager apologized but was rather apathetic about the whole situation.

The front desk staff was also rude. We asked if the hotel restaurants were often busy on Saturday nights, to which the man at the front desk assured us that he was not a mind reader and had no way of knowing. Apparently being informed on the hotel or being polite to guests is not in his job description.

I would recommend taking your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel or ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CYSHSIndy, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Drew, I am sorry to hear that your stay was disrupted in any way. I will review the information that you have provided with our front desk staff so that we can better attend to are guests’ questions about the local area. We hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future and appreciate your feedback.

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!