“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #46 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
OSKALOOSA
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I was in town for an event at Lucas Oil Stadium and needed a hotel close by. This hotel was about 1/4 mile from the stadium. I was able to walk to the stadium and not worry about parking. It was a very nice hotel with great service. I felt like I was in a 4 or 5 start hotel for a lower price. They did charge $23 for parking which I didn't know about until I checked out. I'm not sure what the surrounding hotels compare to that.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed here for a quick business trip and can't say enough good things about this hotel.
All of the staff was amazing and very helpful. Great rooms and layout. If you like to run, you can walk right across the street to the canal area. Nice 1-1/2 mile route each way.
TGI Friday's is next to the hotel as well. This hotel is part of the large complex that includes a Fairfield Inn as well as the brand new, JW Marriott. Be aware that overnight Valet parking is $27 (Self parking is $23).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown and had a great experience with our staff and service. We appreciate your business and the great review and look forward to welcoming you back

Delightfully,
Nikki Thomas
Director of Sales and Marketing
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was my first time at this hotel while in Indy due to my regular hotel being full and I wasn't disappointed. I was on the 12th floor and had a beautiful view of the city. My room was larger than expected and the beds were just the right comfort level. The bathrooms were also larger than I'm used to in a hotel. The check-in process also went smoothly. I really have nothing negative to say about this hotel. It was a pleasurable experience staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This hotel is less than a year old and sits in the shadow of the behemoth J.W.Marriott, now an Indy landmark. We were in town for a wedding and needed a reasonably priced hotel near the event. The hotels near the convention center and downtown areas are expensive. The Conrad was asking $200 at a group rate for the wedding party. When we figured up the rate for the hotel plus the valet at the Conrad - it was just too much. There was so much going on, we we only going to shower and sleep there.
The Courtyard Marriott is a comfortable and affordable place. It is connected through skywalks to the convention center, malls and other hotels nearby.We booked a room for $120.00 on a AAA discount, and the valet there is $27.00 a night. In spite of being on a busy street our room was quiet. The staff is helpful...everything was pristine...and the housekeeping staff is mindful of the "do not disturb"...If you are not going out of the room, pick one of then fancy hotels....if you plan to stay busy and want to save some money, choose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Brampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My room overlooked that baseball stadium, which for me is perfect even if the season had not started yet. The service in the Bistro was excellent all the time. I was at a conference in the adjoining centre...quite a walk but at least it was inside. Overall a great hotel experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, June 16, 2011

Delightfully,
Nikki Thomas
Director of Sales and Marketing
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

We arrived at 2pm by car - the dropoff area is very small, maybe 6-7cars can fit in circle, but we were lucky - only 2 other cars. Valet helped us right away, though we opted to self park(parking is $23, Valet was only $4 more, but I needed to access car a lot.) Parking garage is for all of the Marriott Hotels and is color coded. I found the garage a little confusing (one of the little things). You enter to an elevator which brings you to a hall between Springhill Suites and the Courtyard. The hall is not very welcoming. I can't put my finger on why exactly, but that is the feeling I got. You aren't sure where one hotel begins and one ends. There is a shared pool and exercise room. Another small irritating thing- not only is the pool tiny (very tiny for a shared pool), but there isn't any pool area to sit. My kids and I chose not to swim because of this. I would avoid this hotel if a pool area is important to you. Fitness room again is tiny for 2 hotels and was full every time we passed. The location is great - easy access to the convention center through the beautiful JW Marriott hotel. Right next to the stadium and across the street from White River Park (caution - there was a concert going on that night and we could hear it in our rooms - mainly the "boom" - kinda like a loud car stereo, only louder. The park provided a great view from our room. The strangest thing was the elevator. For security, you have to put your room key into the elevator INSIDE to stop on your particular floor. This was a bad experience for us. We were on the second floor. EVerytime we rode with other people, we never got our card in before the 2nd floor was passed. Again, an irritant...Not sure how secure this is, because we could have exited the elevator with any of those other people at the floors above ours, which we got to see quite frequently on our up and down rides.
The rooms were great. We had plenty of room and 2 queen beds. There was even a small refrigerator in our room. This is a relatively new hotel and it showed. The bathrooms were a great size and were clean.
One thing on checkin - the clerk advised us that breakfast was available in the lobby - she probably should add "for purchase"- the way it was presented was that it was complementary and my kids and I completely misunderstood. The clerk was excellent checking us in.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Milltown, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Stayed here for the annual wine festival, Vintage Indiana. This property is very convienently located with a huge amount of amenities. The property consists of several different Marriot iterations all in one large complex. You can literally walk from the complex to the Circle Centre mall without ever stepping foot outside. The property is only about 2 years old, updated, modern, VERY clean. Staff was friendly and professional. Rates were reasonable. Our room had a excellent view of the baseball stadium--a plus when they shoot off fireworks!! HIghly recommend and will definitely be staying there for future festivals!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!