“An authentic Southern Italian Sunday... in Indianapolis!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Iozzo's Garden of Italy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 1,921 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ray Street
Description: Originally established in 1930 Iozzo's Garden of Italy is the Newest Oldest Italian Restaurant in Indianapolis. The high quality menu features a mix of traditional Iozzo Family Italian fare along with a modern twist on Italian dishes.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“An authentic Southern Italian Sunday... in Indianapolis!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Labor Day weekends are always busy, and this one was no different: Worked late on Friday, friends' wedding on Saturday, etc. On Sunday, I couldn't wait to go somewhere intimate to dine with my girlfriend. I had been to Iozzo's once before and was impressed beyond my expectations with the quality of the food. I decided to book a table for two at 7:45 PM on Sunday night. We arrived on time but did not get seated for 20 minutes, so that was probably the worst part of the experience. However, the hostess did offer us drinks in the interim, which made up somewhat for the lag. When we did get seated, we were treated with the utmost friendliness, respect and speed by Phil, who happens to be a descendant of the family that first opened this restaurant almost a century ago. (Phil's passion and pride for the restaurant was on full display as he retold the incredible history of this restaurant). We started off our meal with the Calamari Fritti as an appetizer. It was lightly fried and very tasty, especially when dipped in the two sauces offered (one was sort of an Asian chili sauce, the other a dill and olive creamy sauce). She enjoyed her house salad with Balsamic Vinagrette while I devoured a zesty tomato basil and shrimp soup. For entrees, she went with the Seafood Tribute, which in addition to thick noodles and a white wine sauce featured scallops, shrimp, sea bass, mussels, etc. She loved it, and I got to sample it, too. It was a winner! As for me, I ordered off of the 3-course for $30 menu, and for my entree I had the Three Way Chicken, with 3 good-sized cutlets of chicken, one in each of these three styles: Piccata, Marsala, and Diavlo. It came with pasta, and since I wanted a kick, I went with the homemade spicy red sauce. I would definitely recommend this dish, or any dish off the 3 for $30 Sunday dinner special menu (e.g. the unparalleled Lobster Ravioli). Once we finished our entrees, we just couldn't stop there. She had a rich Sea Salt Brownie that was absolutely decadent, while I went with the Tiramisu Flute (a top choice for anyone except those with cinnamon/nutmeg allergies). Overall, we were so happy with this experience and would go back in a heartbeat. While Iozzo's has room to improve in meeting its commitments as far as reservations are concerned, Executive Chef Kathy and her kitchen staff deserve a Super Bowl size applause for their unique culinary creations.

• Visited September 2012

Franklin, Indiana
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The authentic Italian food is enhanced by the atmosphere of a small, family owned, restraurant. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The menu has a wide variety of selections that would satisfy anyone's taste. Large wine selection and a full bar with custom cocktails. This is a restraurant we frequent because it one of the best all around places in Indianapolis.

Texas
1,500 helpful votes 1,500 helpful votes
“Great Italian Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

On my most recent trip to Indianapolis I was introduced to Iozzo’s Garden of Italy. When we arrived, the restaurant was crowded and these was a long wait period to be seated inside; however, there was plenty of tables available outside in the enclosed courtyard. Rather than go somewhere else, we elected to dine outside. It was a wonderful experience. I had the veal piccata and my colleague had the spaghetti marinara with sausage and meatballs. Both entrées were preceded by a salad and garlic bread. We were pleased with our meals. Iozzo’s has a good wine list; in addition, wine is served by the glass. This restaurant also specializes in serving martinis. The service at Iozzo’s is attentive and friendly. I would certainly return to this great Italian restaurant. Reservations are recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Magnificent. Must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I were at Iozzos yesterday. Everything we ordered was the best we've had of that dish. Meatballs for an appetizer and the best lasagna ever. Atmospere is very nice. The server in the bar was great We are from out of town and plan on another visit soon.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“We'll go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went to Iozza's during the $30 Devour Downtown weeks. It was our second visit. I had a steak which was served in a red wine sauce that was amazing. The salad was fresh and simple, the desserts were wonderful. Our waiter did a nice job but was a little casual.