“Just Try it.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Just Try it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The food delicious. The menu modestly priced. The service quick. Everything about the experince was excellent. Will return.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“West side gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is my favorite indianapolis restaurant. The food is always fresh and delicious. The menu is diverse and modestly priced. They have excellent coffee. They roast the beans then bring them to the table for you to enjoy tasting or smelling them. The service is quick and they treat you like family. I have never had service that wasn't excellent here. This place is in an akward location in a neighborhood that looks a bit iffy. Looks can be deceiving though, and I always feel perfectly safe here.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Illinois
“Amazing Ethiopian/Eritrean Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Let me start by saying don't let the outside of this restaurant fool you - the food is amazing, and a great value. We went with our two small children (2 and 4) on a Friday night during a trip to Indianapolis. We were offered the (very cool) option of traditional dining style, with the wicker tables, but chose a regular table for an easier time with the kids.
There was a large group that arrived just before us, but the kitchen had no trouble keeping up with everyone's orders. As this was our second time trying Ethiopian food, we kept it pretty simple with the Sambusas (vegetarian & Beef), and the sampler platter with spicy beef, lamb, chicken, boiled egg, 3 types of lentils, pickled cauliflour and salad all served on Injera bread. All amazingingly good! My wife had the honey wine, and I had the St. George Ethiopian Beer (not on the menu, but available). If you like spice, ask and they will also bring you some sauce on the side.
Everything about the meal was excellent, and I left fuller than I can remember being in a very, very long time. When the bill came, I honestly thought they had left the drinks off or something, it was that reasonable. Definitely worth heading away from downtown for. Very close to the airport if you are staying out that way.

Visited April 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I thought eating vegetarian in Indianapolis for a month was going to be difficult but I have found a few "diamonds in the rough" Excellent find. The food and the service was wonderful. Too bad I found it on the last week of my business trip though

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis
“Your Tastebuds Will Dance with Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I love these guys. They come to my place of employment once each week, as a "guest restaurant" in the larger cafeteria (run by catering behemoth Aramark, whose overpriced food sucks hugely). Major's Ethopian/Eritrean cuisine is my guilty pleasure. The food is SOOO good. If you like interesting flavors and spices and want something really different and unusual but not risky, this is the place for you.

And they are really sweet people, too. If you thought the good ol' days of a restaurant being grateful for your business were over, well . . . they aren't, at least not at Major's.

Check it out. I love it and think you will too.

Hope this helps.