“excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We spend an extended weekend at this hotel recently and experienced service above and beyond. One member of our group is a vegetarian and we inquired at the desk about restaurants where he could eat. They recommended one restaurant and by the time we got back, they had put together a list of about 10 other restaurants with their take-out menus. We really appreciated that. Also, its was the 4th of July and they told us the best places to view the fireworks. Also, our room needed some maintenance. We told them one morning at breakfast what needed to be done and by mid-morning, it was fixed. Very responsive. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfasts were very good, and the location is great. You don't get a good view out the windows, as it is in the shadows of the Marriott, but it is still a great hotel. We'll stay there again next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn so that we could easily walk to Victory Field and back. Our room was clean, but a little small, but the bathroom was huge. We were in a handicap accessible room so maybe that's why the setup was odd.
No trouble sleeping, bed was comfy and hotel was not noisy. the complimentary breakfast was wonderful. They had boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage, breakfast breads, fruit, juice, yogurt, cereal, milk. Hey, anytime I can get salsa, cheese, and hot sauce in the morning on some eggs - I'm a happy girl. Sad to report though, that the breakfast is served on styrofoam plates with styrofoam coffee cups. This is NOT environmentally friendly!

My only complaint: the garage said self parking was 'full' and had a sign in the way. The valet was nowhere to be seen so I decided to leave my car at the front circle and check in. The registration lady told me the garage was not full, the sign was just up since there was an event going on. So I got to self park after all. Had the valet attendant taken my car before I went to check in, I would have been hopping mad at the difference in cost!

So that was my only small beef- make sure if you are an overnight guest to ask about that 'garage full' sign before handing over your keys to the valet.

Green Features: Styrofoam plates and coffee cups in the lobby- please change this practice :(
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgantown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

First, I am 52 years old and have traveled a lot. I have stayed in many Hotels.

Second, This Hotel is the best Hotel I have ever had! The people there make the Hotel
FANTASTIC, AWESOME, and VERY REMEMBERABLE.
Third, I have been there 4 times in the last 6 months. My Sisters and I have been there
with our very sick MOM. Your employees remember us every time we come and
literally roll out the red carpet for us. We even got a upgraded room. They knew
we were broke, I think. And when we left they even gave us each a "to-go-bag"
filled with fruit, and goodies.
Fourth, I told these people I would be doing this. Finally, I am. I'm about a month late.
My name is Wendy Preston (270) 526-6230. The rooms were in my sisters
names. Debbie Matthews and Sherry Seavers
Fifth EMPLOYEES NAMES who deserve a raise. lol REALLY !!!!!!!

TAYLOR # 1 SARAH DREWS KYLEA (?)SPELL CHECK ARE A FEW

I live in KY and my sisters and Mom live in OH. We were so glad to see a smiling face when we got to your nice Hotel!!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter
Green Features: You can read all about it in their hotel environmentally-practices
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Frankfort, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I would have given a higher rating. But the room we were in was extremely small. About 1.5 ft of space on either side of the bed. No sitting area. The thermostat was improperly place so the a/c was constantly going on and them off.

Great location

Stayed July 2014
CYSHSIndy, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
We are sorry to hear the room size did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I feel compelled to write this on night 1 of a 3 night trip. This has been by far my worst hotel experience ever. The idiots on either side of me have either never stayed at a hotel, have no courtesy for others, or are suffering from some disorder that causes them to be loud for no apparent reason. It is 2 am on a Monday and I have already contacted the front desk about one of my neighbors and it doesn't appear anything has been done. Not to mention you can hear every single car that drives by outside. I am also on the top floor, where you think would be the most quite....wrong. I hate to complain on a form of social media , but this has been a disaster. If a room change is not granted tomorrow then I will be forced to never stay here again. I am a marriott loyalist. I have stayed 27 nights this year and am a credit card holder and this is completely ridiculous. I can't wait to endure a full day of meetings on this disaster of a night's sleep.

The good things about this hotel are: the staff is very friendly and willing to help. There is a nice fitness room and the lobby and rooms are very clean. The valet is almost 30 dollars a night, which seems around par for downtown indy. The beds are pretty decent and the shower was not bad, but the paper thin walls is really driving me crazy. This would get a 5 if it were not 215 am and I was not completely on edge because I can hear every little move the idiots next door make, and for that, I am rating this a 3. Be warned.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I am so sorry the noisy neighbors disrupted your stay. We hope your meetings went well for you. Thank you for your feedback.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Other Half had a ticket to Indy 500 Race and this was one of the few hotels in the city with available rooms when we came to book. We were so lucky as we liked everything about it. Our room was comfortable and the hotel is close to the race circuit. I spent race day looking around the town-it's a short walk everywhere from the hotel and there is plenty to see and do. The staff were lovely, the complimentary breakfast pretty good considering it cost nothing and coffee was available all day in the lounge. Best of all there are coin operated washer and dryers in the hotel; just brilliant for a couple 19 days into a 28 day trip around the USA-saved us a trip to a laundromat. TGI Fridays is attached to hotel. We ate there every evening as the food and cocktails were so good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family travels to Chicago driving from Asheville NC. Indy is the perfect distance for the "halfway" overnight stay. This hotel is really nice with a very convenient location right off the express-way. It is connected with the J.W. so you know it is a nice property. The rooms are spacious and clean. The amenities are great including the breakfast and usually a fridge in the room.
So, Here is the clincher, when my kids ASK to stay at this hotel when the are travelling to Chicago, you KNOW it is nice. They love the pool and the entire property because they can explore and have a great time. Great value for the money for sure!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!