“ben.minnich” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Morgantown, Kentucky
“ben.minnich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

First, I am 52 years old and have traveled a lot. I have stayed in many Hotels.

Second, This Hotel is the best Hotel I have ever had! The people there make the Hotel
FANTASTIC, AWESOME, and VERY REMEMBERABLE.
Third, I have been there 4 times in the last 6 months. My Sisters and I have been there
with our very sick MOM. Your employees remember us every time we come and
literally roll out the red carpet for us. We even got a upgraded room. They knew
we were broke, I think. And when we left they even gave us each a "to-go-bag"
filled with fruit, and goodies.
Fourth, I told these people I would be doing this. Finally, I am. I'm about a month late.
My name is Wendy Preston (270) 526-6230. The rooms were in my sisters
names. Debbie Matthews and Sherry Seavers
Fifth EMPLOYEES NAMES who deserve a raise. lol REALLY !!!!!!!

TAYLOR # 1 SARAH DREWS KYLEA (?)SPELL CHECK ARE A FEW

I live in KY and my sisters and Mom live in OH. We were so glad to see a smiling face when we got to your nice Hotel!!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter
Green Features: You can read all about it in their hotel environmentally-practices
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Frankfort, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I would have given a higher rating. But the room we were in was extremely small. About 1.5 ft of space on either side of the bed. No sitting area. The thermostat was improperly place so the a/c was constantly going on and them off.

Great location

Stayed July 2014
CYSHSIndy, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
We are sorry to hear the room size did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I feel compelled to write this on night 1 of a 3 night trip. This has been by far my worst hotel experience ever. The idiots on either side of me have either never stayed at a hotel, have no courtesy for others, or are suffering from some disorder that causes them to be loud for no apparent reason. It is 2 am on a Monday and I have already contacted the front desk about one of my neighbors and it doesn't appear anything has been done. Not to mention you can hear every single car that drives by outside. I am also on the top floor, where you think would be the most quite....wrong. I hate to complain on a form of social media , but this has been a disaster. If a room change is not granted tomorrow then I will be forced to never stay here again. I am a marriott loyalist. I have stayed 27 nights this year and am a credit card holder and this is completely ridiculous. I can't wait to endure a full day of meetings on this disaster of a night's sleep.

The good things about this hotel are: the staff is very friendly and willing to help. There is a nice fitness room and the lobby and rooms are very clean. The valet is almost 30 dollars a night, which seems around par for downtown indy. The beds are pretty decent and the shower was not bad, but the paper thin walls is really driving me crazy. This would get a 5 if it were not 215 am and I was not completely on edge because I can hear every little move the idiots next door make, and for that, I am rating this a 3. Be warned.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I am so sorry the noisy neighbors disrupted your stay. We hope your meetings went well for you. Thank you for your feedback.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Other Half had a ticket to Indy 500 Race and this was one of the few hotels in the city with available rooms when we came to book. We were so lucky as we liked everything about it. Our room was comfortable and the hotel is close to the race circuit. I spent race day looking around the town-it's a short walk everywhere from the hotel and there is plenty to see and do. The staff were lovely, the complimentary breakfast pretty good considering it cost nothing and coffee was available all day in the lounge. Best of all there are coin operated washer and dryers in the hotel; just brilliant for a couple 19 days into a 28 day trip around the USA-saved us a trip to a laundromat. TGI Fridays is attached to hotel. We ate there every evening as the food and cocktails were so good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family travels to Chicago driving from Asheville NC. Indy is the perfect distance for the "halfway" overnight stay. This hotel is really nice with a very convenient location right off the express-way. It is connected with the J.W. so you know it is a nice property. The rooms are spacious and clean. The amenities are great including the breakfast and usually a fridge in the room.
So, Here is the clincher, when my kids ASK to stay at this hotel when the are travelling to Chicago, you KNOW it is nice. They love the pool and the entire property because they can explore and have a great time. Great value for the money for sure!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel is in a great location if you are in town for a football game and want to be able to explore the downtown area. The hotel is part of a large Marriott complex that also includes a Springhill, Courtyard, and JW Marriott. The staff were very professional and helpful while were there.

We were within walking distance to Lucas Oil Stadium, many museums, Mass Ave., and the Circle Centre Mall. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was my second stay here in the past year. We wanted an early check in and the staff worked immediately to get us in a room. When we arrived in the room we found that it did not include a mini fridge, which was necessary for our stay. The staff made new keys for a newly cleaned suite with a fridge, brought the keys to our room right away. Very friendly. The only down side was at 3:45 AM I thought I smelled something burning -- more like a motor burning up than an open fire. It seemed to be coming from the hall, so I called the front desk to report it. The phone rang 25 times without being answered. Obviously, there was no problem with fire because the smell diminished and vanished. I was disappointed to not have staff at the desk, though!

Green Features: One of the few hotels in which I have stayed that actually leaves the used, hanging towels instead of replacing them automatically.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!