“Convenient location knowledgeable and friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #45 of 184 hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Convenient location knowledgeable and friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Got a good AAA rate ($98.89) for a basic king room. It was clean convenient and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Would stay there again. I was at a conference and this was not the "official hotel" but then I didn't have to deal with the crowds and noise there.

• Stayed April 2013
GeneralManager_Ben, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post regarding your recent stay with us. We apprciate your kind ratings and remarks on our staff, cleanliness, and location. We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting Indy!

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great location. Easy to take a $5 cab ride into downtown. Walk to lots of great things and made it a long way in the sky walk which was awesome in the snow.

My family of five stayed in a suite with two full beds and a pull-out sofa bed. The sofa bed was VERY uncomfortable. The kids had to take turns sleeping on it - the grown ups were not risking sore backs on it! Room had a microwave and mini fridge which was very convenient. Room was clean and the shower was great!

No pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your kind remarks/ratings on our staff, cleanliness, and hotel. I do apologize for your discomfort regarding the sleeper sofa in your suite. We are looking into this to see if we can change or update the mattress to ensure our guests comfort in the future. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting Dowtown Indy!

Naperville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Very clean, modern rooms, good downtown location, adjacent garage, good free breakfast, excellent service! The front desk and bell staff are the friendliest!!!!! The suites have a small living area, but the bedroom is huge.

Room Tip: No pool, no view, but great choice!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager_Ben, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling to Indy. Also, thank you for your great feedback on service, the hotel, and location. We appricate your business and hope to see you the next time you are visiting Indy!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

First time at this hotel in past 3 years. Room was great, beds very comfortable, location was perfect to convention cener. Perfect to walk around downtown. Would recommend! Rooms were very clean, personnel went above and beyond. connects to skywalk for those cold times. People ae incredibly friendly!

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for a conference and thought the hotel itself was fine, but every single night TGIFridays (located off the lobby of the hotel) played loud music outside. And every single night of my stay I had to contact the front desk, asking them to request the restaurant turn off the music. In the middle of March, and especially in the middle of several hotels, there's no need for that kind of music to be playing so late at night.

It boggles my mind that the Marriott hotels are putting up with it. I may have been the one complaining, but I can tell you that I'm not the only one who was bothered by the music and kept awake. I heard lots of conference-goers saying the same thing.

Room Tip: TGIFridays plays music outside late at night. Either ask for a room on the other side of the buildi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to provide this honest feedback on your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the loud music outside TGI Fridays during your stay. I will review this with their team to make sure they are aware of the consequences to our guests. I will also review with my team so they are aware we can better follow-up with you to make sure you are comfortable after you have taken the effort to make us aware of the situation. Again, I thank you for telling us so we can continually improve on how we perform and ultimately reach our goal of taking the BEST care and providing the most comfortable accommodations for our guests. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Indy!

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

First time in Indianapolis downtown attending a week long conference. We were offered a range of hotels (some 20). Due to availability, chose this small hotel which happened to be the least priced among all. Conveniently located in the Marriott blocks. Very warm welcome, clean and tidy room (twin room, good for 4 Asian-sized people), complimentary (continental, self-serviced) breakfast and complimentary wifi (fair speed to a traveller like me from HK, used to high speed wifi) up to a week, good enough for a short stay. Located adjacent to JW Marriott which can be reached within steps via the parking level, jointed with the Sky Walks (a bridge jointing most buildings around the Indianapolis Conference Centre, including hotels and malls). Will definitely check in again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling to Indy. Also, thank you for your great feedback on the hotel, and location. We appricate your business and hope to see you the next time you are visiting Indy!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying in downtown Indianapolis, and this hotel was a good choice. There are multiple hotels in this complex, and since I lucked into a room upgrade, it would have been hard to beat this Fairfield Inn. The room was great, and the location was very central. With an incredible indoor walkway, you could potentially get around much of downtown without going outside. The hotel shares a parking garage with the other hotels in the complex, and self parking is doable. On my second night I decided to valet, but no valet ever showed up so I went back to self parking. I used the exercise room which had great options, and the breakfast buffet had a good selection. There were a lot of kids on school trips staying at the hotel this weekend, but I never heard any noise whatsoever. There is a TGI Fridays in the complex, which I used both nights of my stay. On the second night I used them for room service and was told it would be 45 minutes, but I had the food within 20. The JW Marriott next door looked amazing from the exterior, but with the room and value I got at the Fairfield Inn, I see no reason to "upgrade." My window had a view of a wall, but the quality of the stay made that more than acceptable.

• Stayed March 2013
GeneralManager_Ben, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when traveling to the Indy Downtown area. Also, thank you for your great feedback on service, the hotel, and our location. We appricate your business and hope to see you the next time you are visiting Indy!

ben.minnich@marriott.com

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!