“Great for price and location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #43 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great for price and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

First time at this hotel in past 3 years. Room was great, beds very comfortable, location was perfect to convention cener. Perfect to walk around downtown. Would recommend! Rooms were very clean, personnel went above and beyond. connects to skywalk for those cold times. People ae incredibly friendly!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for a conference and thought the hotel itself was fine, but every single night TGIFridays (located off the lobby of the hotel) played loud music outside. And every single night of my stay I had to contact the front desk, asking them to request the restaurant turn off the music. In the middle of March, and especially in the middle of several hotels, there's no need for that kind of music to be playing so late at night.

It boggles my mind that the Marriott hotels are putting up with it. I may have been the one complaining, but I can tell you that I'm not the only one who was bothered by the music and kept awake. I heard lots of conference-goers saying the same thing.

Room Tip: TGIFridays plays music outside late at night. Either ask for a room on the other side of the buildi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager_Ben, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide this honest feedback on your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the loud music outside TGI Fridays during your stay. I will review this with their team to make sure they are aware of the consequences to our guests. I will also review with my team so they are aware we can better follow-up with you to make sure you are comfortable after you have taken the effort to make us aware of the situation. Again, I thank you for telling us so we can continually improve on how we perform and ultimately reach our goal of taking the BEST care and providing the most comfortable accommodations for our guests. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Indy!

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

First time in Indianapolis downtown attending a week long conference. We were offered a range of hotels (some 20). Due to availability, chose this small hotel which happened to be the least priced among all. Conveniently located in the Marriott blocks. Very warm welcome, clean and tidy room (twin room, good for 4 Asian-sized people), complimentary (continental, self-serviced) breakfast and complimentary wifi (fair speed to a traveller like me from HK, used to high speed wifi) up to a week, good enough for a short stay. Located adjacent to JW Marriott which can be reached within steps via the parking level, jointed with the Sky Walks (a bridge jointing most buildings around the Indianapolis Conference Centre, including hotels and malls). Will definitely check in again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling to Indy. Also, thank you for your great feedback on the hotel, and location. We appricate your business and hope to see you the next time you are visiting Indy!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying in downtown Indianapolis, and this hotel was a good choice. There are multiple hotels in this complex, and since I lucked into a room upgrade, it would have been hard to beat this Fairfield Inn. The room was great, and the location was very central. With an incredible indoor walkway, you could potentially get around much of downtown without going outside. The hotel shares a parking garage with the other hotels in the complex, and self parking is doable. On my second night I decided to valet, but no valet ever showed up so I went back to self parking. I used the exercise room which had great options, and the breakfast buffet had a good selection. There were a lot of kids on school trips staying at the hotel this weekend, but I never heard any noise whatsoever. There is a TGI Fridays in the complex, which I used both nights of my stay. On the second night I used them for room service and was told it would be 45 minutes, but I had the food within 20. The JW Marriott next door looked amazing from the exterior, but with the room and value I got at the Fairfield Inn, I see no reason to "upgrade." My window had a view of a wall, but the quality of the stay made that more than acceptable.

• Stayed March 2013
GeneralManager_Ben, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when traveling to the Indy Downtown area. Also, thank you for your great feedback on service, the hotel, and our location. We appricate your business and hope to see you the next time you are visiting Indy!

wgbohmer@aol.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great hotel for the money with nice breakfast. You can walk to Circle Center without going outside. The staff was friendly and profesional several restaurants are close. Right across from museum and close to zoo. We had a very nice relaxing weekend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager_Ben, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when traveling to the Indy Downtown area. Also, thank you for your great feedback on our friendliness of staff and service, complimentary wi-fi service, accommodations, and our location. We appricate your business and hope to see you the next time you are visiting Indy!

Southern Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel is located directly behind the JW Marriott. There are also a couple of other Marriott brand hotels at the same location. There is a TGI Friday's in front of the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Self parking is located below the hotel for $23 a night. You are about 2 blocks away from most of the restaurants and shopping downtown. This hotel was for a business trip. It had free wi-fi unlike the JW, which charged a daily fee. There is also free breakfast off the lobby and was adequate, but nothing fancy. I've stayed at the JW in front of it before and I honestly didn't feel the extra money for the JW was worth it. The room at the Fairfield was clean and the staff was friendly. If you are there for pleasure you are right across the street from the baseball field and within walking distances of museums and the zoo. I would definitely stay here again if looking for a budget friendly hotel in downtown Indy.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor on the Victory Field side.
Esterhazy, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

in the heart of downtown so close to many attractions this was the perfect place to take in the NFL experience in INDY. Also Brad was very helpfull and humorous made our stay special. we were able to take in shopping visit the zoo tour the speedway hall of fame and go to the NFL game

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when traveling to Indy for a Colts game. Also, thank you for your great feedback on service (specifically mentioning Brad at the Front Desk). We will be sure to recognize him for this. Also, thank you for complimenting us on your accommodations at the hotel, and our location here in Downtown. We appricate your business and hope to see you the next time you are visiting Indy!

ben.minnich@marriott.com

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!