“Great hotel, wish the shuttle had gone smoother” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indiana
“Great hotel, wish the shuttle had gone smoother”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport with a park and fly package. The location is a bit isolated from dining etc, and is in a large complex with many other hotels. The parking lot for park and fly was a gravel field. It was fairly full and was a bit muddy.

The hotel itself was better than we expected! The front desk check in process went smooth and the desk help was very friendly. The lobby and public areas were clean and well appointed. We had a king room. It was clean and everything was in working order. I especially liked the plug in set up at the desk. It had multiple outlets and USB charging ports. There was a mini fridge in the room. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

Breakfast was basic, but had all we needed for a quick bite before our flight. The shuttle to the airport went smooth and was on time. When we arrived back at the hotel after our flight I called the hotel at 11:20pm while waiting for our luggage as directed. Our luggage never arrived. As soon as I realized our luggage was lost and we had to file paperwork, I called the hotel again to inform them we would be late. This was at 11:40pm. The desk clerk informed me that the driver got off work at 12am and would not wait. We were out of the airport before midnight, but had to pay $25.00 for a cab. The lost luggage was not the hotel’s fault, but it sure would have been nice of them to wait 15 minutes for us! The hotel should consider extending it's shuttle hours.

Overall, this was a pleasant experience and we would use this hotel for a park and fly again as long as our return flight was early enough. Having to pay $25 for a cab increased the price to a point it wasn’t worth the cost for us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 317-481-0700.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Marina, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the third park & fly I've done at IND and this was the worst experience.
You arrive and realize how isolated this hotel is. This area is not well-located for restaurants, nightlife, etc., but this hotel is particularly bad because it's the last one down the road. Easy enough to reach from I-465 though.
The man there at check-in was very nice and quick about the process. I was directed where to park my car and I made note that I would need the first shuttle the next morning, at 4:30am (ugh). Getting to the room, I first found it odd that the door to the indoor pool was wide open. This was the case later that evening too. The room was very large and seemed very new. It lacked a lot of furnishings, so it felt a little cavernous. The bed wasn't particularly comfortable.
The main issue with the room was the noise. The people next to me were not being loud at all, but the walls were SO THIN I could hear them talking in their normal, conversational voices. It was like I had just put a bucket over my head, they were so audible. If they had been noisy, it would have been awful. This was bad enough.
Next morning, I go down promptly at 4:25 and no one was around. I called out for the clerk in the office on Facebook (I could see her screen) and said I was there for the shuttle. She said, "Oh..." and looked at a book on the counter. "The shuttle left. Sorry. The next one is at 5." She then went back into the office. So, even though I had verbal confirmation of understanding when I wanted the shuttle at check-in, it had to be in this little book to be acknowledged, and I was not on the list. I got on the 5 one and it was full. It was one of those in-between flight times so, had I not erred on the side of caution, I would have missed my flight or had to take a taxi there.
That was annoying, but coming back was much worse. My flight was scheduled to arrive at 11:15. I got in at about 11:20 and waited for the bags. And waited. By 11:50, I was really worried and called the hotel. I was told "Sorry, the shuttle only runs until midnight." I said, "Okay, go ahead and send him and I'll leave the bag if I have to." She responded that she couldn't send the shuttle out past midnight but, when I pointed out that it wasn't midnight, she got kind of angry, took down my name and phone number, then hung up on me. Luckily, the bags soon came and so did the shuttle. When the driver arrived, he came around to the back, not to help me with the bag or open the door, but to ask me why I was coming in so late and complain about how guests "arriving late" usually take a taxi. I apologized and pointed out that it was not yet midnight when I called. He got back in. I opened my door and got in. He started moving and immediately turned off the radio, then proceeded to drive erratically, swerving across the lane lines and taking turns too fast. It was also raining, and he didn't have the wipers on, which I found really strange. It was like he deliberately driving dangerously. When we got to the hotel, he pulled in by the door (not by my car) and just sat there, reading something. I got out, pulled out my bag and walked in the rain to my car, saying thank you. I normally tip these guys pretty well, but this one went pretty far out of his way to be a jerk.
I will not be staying here again and would not recommend this for others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Indianapolis. Please feel free to contact me directly at: gmcomfortsuites@yahoo.com.
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Price
Location
The let us check in very early
Desk attendants were very kind
free wifi
surprisingly quiet when it comes to plane traffic
nice pool and had a suana*

Cons:
- Bed was not comfy
- towels were pretty used and rough
- there was a flashing green light on what was probably a fire detector / smoke alarm that was distracting when trying to fall
asleep.
- TV was "snowy" although flat screen, picture was not clear.
- There was a group that had a couple room next to us (at no fault of hotel) when they were running from room to room
(slamming the doors) and having conversations in the hallway at midnight / 7am, we could hear every word.
- Someone vaccuming at 8:30 am. (After hardly sleeping, this was annoying)
- There was what appeared to be a couple of stains on the comforter. My first thought was that they were blood. They were
not big or obvious but I had that in the back of my mind the entire time.
- And for some reason, this bothered me. There is a little plastic sign by the sink that reads something like, "Due to the popularity of our eminities, they are now for sale. If you dont get them from our executive house keeper and take them from the room, the following will be charged..$25 towel and so on. listed blowdryer, towels, shets, pillows, etc. for extremely ridiculous prices. Now, I understand that things disappear and that the hotel eats this cost however, I do not steal from hotels and found this sarcastic note to be rude. $25 for the towel? Come on.
- sauna was very small "box type" "room" that had many kids in it playing (again, that is not the fault of the hotel that kids were having fun in it.) I think I was expecting an actual room.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time write your reviews regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding few issues on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were flying out at 6 in morning and were to be gone 1 week. I called Motel and talked to Sara at front desk. She was very helpful and able to answer all my questions. I called on the Wed before we planned on staying Friday. When I walked in by luck Sara was working and remembered talking to me. She was as nice at the desk as she was on the phone. Because we were getting in late the following Sat. we decided to stay overnight before heading back home. Again Sara was very helpful in get a room booked for that night. The parking area where we left car was adjacent to Hotel and very well lit. The shuttle driver was very nice and left right on time. When we returned to airport we called the number provided for pick-up. The shuttle was waiting for us as we walked up to the pick up area. I will stay here again if we fly out of Indy again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time erite your reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Martinsville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed here recently the night prior to an early departure. We left so early that breakfast wasn't available but they had grab and go bags available which included a banana, a granola bar and a bottle of water. Upon our return, we called the Comfort Suites from the plane as soon as we landed and as soon as we picked up our bags the shuttle was pulling up to the curbside. The shuttle service to and from airport was very good and the hotel itself was clean and quiet. We have stayed here before, also for a park and fly package.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ComfortIndianapolis, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Farmer City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We did the park, stay and Fly. It is a great way to go when you have to drive a long way for an early flight. The cost of parking could be more than the cost of the hotel at some rental lots. This is really a very nice and affordable hotel. The staff was very helpful with all of our inquiries and the shuttle driver was very prompt, helpful and courteous. We would definitely stay that this hotel again.

Room Tip: This hotel is near the interstate but didn't hear any road noise.