“Another Great Marriott Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown

You added SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 AMEX Card Promo
Ranked #32 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Another Great Marriott Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

What a BEAUTIFUL PROPERTY!!!! Although my stay was short this hotel exceeded my expectations. Dalton (I think that was his name) greeted me upon arrival, he was very friendly and professional. Dalton made check in easy and offered help if I needed anything else that evening. The rooms are very modern, spacious and luxurious. I was traveling single, however if I wasn't the separation of the toilet (with extra sink) and shower area would be very beneficial for those travel in a pair or group. The hotel is SPOTLESS, VERY clean and VERY well kept. I found the beds were very comfortable with the sheets soft and clean. I had a King suite with a separate siting area with a pull out sofa. The desk/work area came in very handy while I was taking care of some business. My room was also very quite it made me wonder if I was the only one on my floor. Also I liked that to access your floor from the elevator requires a room key which made me feel very secure during my stay. The TGI Fridays was very nice to have steps away from the lobby for an evening meal or drink. The breakfast is much more than Bagels and Doughnuts and it was clean, well kept, and stocked when I went to eat in the morning. If business ever brings me back to Indianapolis I know where I will be staying.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The bed was pretty horrible. I shared our extremely comfortable and roomy suite with three other women. However, the bed was unbearably soft; I feel like I sunk in the middle and the edges were very hard. Although I didn't get a good night's sleep, I did enjoy the close proximity to the Convention Center (I was in Indy for a sorority conference) and the helpfulness of the staff. Megan at the front desk was very helpful and accommodating. Our group arrived very early, but she worked to secure early check-in for us all (around 10/10:30am). Also, I'm glad I'm extremely comfortable with my roommates because of the pocket doors that separate the w.c. and shower from the rest of the room.

I would probably return to this property because of the service, but definitely not for the bed.

Room Tip: The double rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently spent 2 nights at this hotel over spring break 2013. We found it to be very kid friendly, comfortable and convenient to all of the attractions we wanted to see. The hotel was clean, breakfast was hot and rooms very comfortable. We especially like the 2 queen beds plus a pull-out, it totally eliminated the need to fight over which kid got which bed. They were both content with the sleeping arrangements. Couldn't ask for more for a short stay in downtown Indianapolis.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband & I were in Indianapolis for the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament and to celebrate his 65th birthday. Out of all the suggestions I made as a birthday present, that was his choice. Great for me as I am a lover of college basketball. We wanted a hotel that was a suite as I stay up later than him and this was perfect. Others are right that there is not a door separating the bedroom from the living room area but that didn't bother us. Also had no problem with the separate parts of the bathroom. We walked to & from Lucas Oil Stadium for all the games and felt quite safe, especially coming back after midnight the first day. The parking garage was easy to navigate with no sharp turns or narrow areas. Much appreciated as we have had problems before. We parked our first day and did not use the car again until we left. The hotel is across from several museums that we used and within walking distance of the zoo. TGI Friday's is a short walk from the hotel. All in all, a good stay. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter and my mom when we went to visit the Children's Museum. The room was great for the three of us -- 2 queen beds plus a sofabed meant we all had our own bed. I also liked the separate rooms for bathtub and toilet -- made it easier to all get ready at the same time. The clock radio screen is extremely bright and I had trouble covering it up. The decor is sleek and modern. We went for a quick swim in the pool, which delighted my daughter. Breakfast had lots of good choices and everything seemed fresh. They have a stash of kid-friendly board games in the lobby which we also made use of. My only complaint is that parking is expensive -- 24 to self-park, 27 for valet -- but that includes in and out privileges. The staff was all excellent. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites in downtown Indianapolis, and it ended up being a nice stay. The room was well appointed with what you expect (desk, fridge, microwave, etc.) Beds were comfortable, again what you would expect from this type of hotel. However there are some negatives. Overall the room layout is rather awkward. The shower is separate from the toilet. In other words, you have to step out into the sleeping area to get to the shower or toilet. In many ways it reminds me of an older European setup which I did not like and if you are sharing the room with someone else, which I was not fortunately, this would surely be problematic. Another awkward set up is the living area which make their rooms suites. There is no true wall, just a desk with an odd, dated looking incasing which goes up to within two feet of the ceiling. If you are wanting a suite because one person goes to sleep earlier or needs privacy, this is not a good choice. Also there is only one TV which is again awkwardly placed so it can be seen by the whole room but at a horrible angle.

The SpringHill, unlike the Courtyard and I assume the JW Marriott which are both attached to the SpringHill, offers free breakfast though I cannot speak to the extent and the quality as I opted for Starbucks instead!

Speaking of the Starbucks, it is conveniently placed on the second floor of the JW Marriott which, as I mentioned before, is connected to the SpringHill and really all the Marriotts in the area which comes out to be five.

Also, if you have never been to downtown Indianapolis, you will be pleasantly surprised that the Marriotts are all connected to the SkyWalk. This SkyWalk allows you to walk inside to many places throughout downtown Indianapolis. I made extensive use of it as it was cold and windy outside.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the SpringHill. For one person it was great, for more than one I guess you must decide what your priorities are. The rooms are very clean and the staff area extremely kind as well. Definitely worth looking into if you are staying in the downtown area.

• Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you are looking for luxury and the matching price tag the JW Marriott will fit the bill nicely. But for those choosing from more moderately priced rooms in the same facility, I would go with the SpringHill Suites. The Fairfield and the Courtyard are fine - no complaints; but in this same complex you will find great design and style in the SpringHill Suites. My King room on the 6th floor had a little breakfast counter, living space with desk, sleeping area, and bathroom(s). I say bathroom(s), as the commode and shower are in separate rooms each with their own sink and mirrors - brilliant!!! Pockets doors on both are stylish and efficient. The large TV is visibility from the comfy bed and the spacious sectional sofa. The desk also creates a smart divider between living and sleeping spaces. A great feature if your roomie likes to work late into the evening! And if you need or want to access the Starbucks in the JW it is a short ride in the elevators and walk just down the hall...very convenient to the conference and meeting rooms.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!