“Love Springhill...even their pens are fun!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 AMEX Card Promo
Ranked #26 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
MI
“Love Springhill...even their pens are fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had a two queen room and a sofa, desk and frig/micro. The decor in the room is bright. There was a sink and toilet in a tiny room and another sink and tub/shower in a different room with the closet between. I guess if someone had to shower and someone else needed the bathroom, it would be a nice layout but it seems like they could have made a huge bathroom if they had moved the closet to either end. Ha...maybe I should become a motel room designer!
The room overlooked the canal and was very quiet. Beds were firm with lots of pillows.
The breakfast area was large and had hot food, eggs and sausage, as well as the usual items.
The guy at the desk was very helpful and highlighted a map for us. We had a bit of trouble with the printer and the internet was slow.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I wanted to send you a quick message to first thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

Ms. Nikki Thomas
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Kennesaw, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at SpringHill Suites in Waukegan, IL last year and were just blown away by a great hotel and great service. It impressed us enough to ensure that SpringHill was our only choice on a recent trip to Indianapolis. We were not disappointed. The downtown Springhill had everything we expected and more. The location is perfectly situated within walking distance of EVERYTHING downtown, the parking underground was plentiful, the front desk staff were VERY welcoming and friendly, and the hotel and room we were in were extremely clean. The lobby area is very vibrant and contemporary. One of the reasons we love this hotel is the layout of the rooms. For the same price as a regular room elsewhere, you get:

1.) FREE Wi-Fi
2.) a living area with an L-shaped sleeper sofa and lots of throw pillows
3.) a large flat panel tv
4.) a large work desk with sliding smoked glass panes that provides privacy from the sleeping area or opens it up
5.) a refrigerator and microwave oven in its own little bar area
6.) a toilet with wash sink compartment that is separate from the main bathroom and shower
7.) lots of pillows
8.) extra bedding in the closet for the sleeper sofa
9.) a very comfortable bed

On top of all this, you get free breakfast which included scrambled eggs and sausage (not simply muffins and juice). The same day we checked out, I received an email from the front desk manager ensuring our stay was great and asking me to let him know if there was any aspect of our stay that was unsatisfactory. The answer is NO, our stay was perfect. Anytime we go out of town, we will look for a SpringHill Suites to stay in first and foremost. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I wanted to thank you for posting such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at the Springhill Suites Downtown Indianapolis. Everything mentioned in your post is a key to our success and I love to see those assets shine through. Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did!

Best Regards
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel when I was in town for the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. It was easy walking distance to the start of the race and the expo at the Convention Center. You can even walk through indoor walkways to get to the Convention Center. I got a very good price through a AAA rate. Overall, I loved almost everything about this hotel. The room itself was by far the best part; it was absolutely beautiful and very classy. I was in a king room and was very impressed by the cleanliness, decor, bathrooms, etc. There was one bathroom with a toilet and sink and another bathroom with a larger sink and shower. The sitting area was a nice size. The entire room just felt fresh and clean. I asked for a quiet area and they put me near the ice machine, which I though would be a problem but it wasn't. The pool is small and I didn't use it. No hot tub. :( The lobby area is nice and relaxing. They let me check in early which was a nice bonus. The only bad part about my stay is that they forgot to give me back my driver's license upon check-in and when I called about it late the next day they told me they didn't have it. Then they called back 5 minutes later to say they had it; the woman tried to explain why she had been given misinformation. It was a small incident but with potentially major consequences since I was flying out early the next day. I should have been more careful to get my license back but they should have been more forthcoming about what happened. You would think that as soon as they saw my license on their counter they would have called my room! I would definitely stay there again but would make sure I got my license back!

Room Tip: A higher floor seemed to be quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments. It is always our goal to ensure that each guest has an excellent experience. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our first night moving to Indianapolis we stayed at this hotel. Staff was very friendly and the room was AMAZING. Very modern and updated. Breakfast was good with many choices. I would move into this hotel if i could!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is new with a modern design and in a great location. Very nice to be able to walk through JW Marriott and use the skywalk to get numerous places without going outside. Unfortunately, the hotel was at capacity two of the nights we stayed and it appeared they were understaffed, especially for breakfast. Both Saturday and Sunday mornings the breakfast line was long because of a bad design, only one place for plates, one toaster and everything is crammed together in one line. Two staff were working hard to keep up, but still kept running out of plates, utensils, and food. Monday morning was much less busy and was a much better experience. We planned on using the pool, but it's very small and was always busy so we didn't. We would stay there again, but if they were full I'd find someplace else.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wonderful Stay! I have yet to complain about a Marriott stay. I love Marriott!
The Hotel is updated very nicely. It is clean and comfortable. The room we stayed in had a good layout. There was a great variety of breakfast food to choose. The staff is happy to serve and actually smile.

Room Tip: Street was a little noisy at times.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I wanted to thank you for posting such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at the Springhill Suites Indianapolis Downtown. Everything mentioned in your post is a key to our success and I love to see those assets shine through. Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did!

Best Regards
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My family and I booked the hotel for a weekend getaway. The hotel is close to the Children's Museum and within walking distance of the Zoo and NCAA Hall of Champions (all places we wanted to visit). The hotel offers a NICE breakfast for FREE which was nice since we had to pay $23 a a night to park there. The hotel isn't dirty, but the cleaning staff didn't make it to our room and we saw some trash in the hallways.

If you have kids and want to check out the pool - they do have one. It is rated for 15 people max so it is pretty small. Even crazier is that the pool is shared with and adjacent Marriott property.

Overall the rooms were large as this is a 'business suite' type hotel with a good breakfast. If you want more you may want to consider another place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2012

Delightfully

Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!